Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #11
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: What Was Once A Promising Season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
This happens too. News flash, Steeler fans: We can't win the superbowl every year.
We'll have to sign up some new depth on defense for next year and have another go at it.

What a novel idea Slash lol.

You'd think the sky just came crashing down.

I look at it this way though, at least there won't be nearly as many overly expectant fans hanging around next year.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #12
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
This happens too. News flash, Steeler fans: We can't win the superbowl every year.
We'll have to sign up some new depth on defense for next year and have another go at it.
News flash: nobody expects to win superbowls every year. We do expect to be able beat the worst teams in the league.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #13
dislocatedday
Water Boy

Member Number: 3593

I really thought entering the season that the Steelers would be a better team than last year....with a chance to dominate this season if the o-line could step up their game. Well, the o-line has improved......... but I never realized how much Troy covers up weaknesses elsewhere in the secondary until he went down this season...........or just how the special teams play would degrade. It's just hard for me to fathom how poor the secondary looks right now. The Steelers still excel at stopping the run obviously and I have no worries there. For next year, I hope the Steelers can improve the secondary and get back to their winning ways. The team is not going to go into re-building mode.....they are strong in a lot of areas. Just shore up the secondary and special teams and this team can start winning consistently again.

Last edited by dislocatedday; 12-06-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Typos
dislocatedday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
News flash: nobody expects to win superbowls every year. We do expect to be able beat the worst teams in the league.
I was just coming to post the exact same thing but you beat me to it. I am a fan today and I'll be a fan tomorrow when I'll wear my Steeler gear with pride, but I don't think I'm "jumping the bandwagon" when I'm stunned and disappointed that we lost to the Chiefs, Raiders, etc. At this rate, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we lose to the Browns on Thursday. I wouldn't mind losing so much if we weren't losing to seemingly inferior teams in the last few moments of play - we're better than that, or at least I thought we were.
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

No one should expect the Steelers to win Super Bowls every year. But I think it's realistic enough to expect them to defend their titles better.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #16
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
I was just coming to post the exact same thing but you beat me to it. I am a fan today and I'll be a fan tomorrow when I'll wear my Steeler gear with pride, but I don't think I'm "jumping the bandwagon" when I'm stunned and disappointed that we lost to the Chiefs, Raiders, etc. At this rate, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if we lose to the Browns on Thursday. I wouldn't mind losing so much if we weren't losing to seemingly inferior teams in the last few moments of play - we're better than that, or at least I thought we were.
What she said.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:00 PM   #17
Angina
Water Boy

Member Number: 9315

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post

What a novel idea Slash lol.

You'd think the sky just came crashing down.

I look at it this way though, at least there won't be nearly as many overly expectant fans hanging around next year.

Emotions are high immediately after a loss. Steeler love runs deep within its fandom and disappointment hurts the heart until perspective is regained. Venting is to be expected.

If you don't like it, don't read the threads. You're bright enough to know which threads are whiny in nature -- just move along. Why do people like you feel the need to bait these people? It only extends the thread and creates animosity.
Angina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angina View Post
Emotions are high immediately after a loss. Steeler love runs deep within its fandom and disappointment hurts the heart until perspective is regained. Venting is to be expected.

If you don't like it, don't read the threads. You're bright enough to know which threads are whiny in nature -- just move along. Why do people like you feel the need to bait these people? It only extends the thread and creates animosity.
They need to get themselves under control first and not clutter up this board with whiny dreck. In other words, let them vent somewhere else. This place is NOT a sounding board for overly emotional fans. It makes it very difficult for those of us who, while passionate fans in our own right, to participate in any kind of discussion. It's not my or anyone else's fault that they can't keep their emotions in check.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
They need to get themselves under control first and not clutter up this board with whiny dreck. In other words, let them vent somewhere else. This place is NOT a sounding board for overly emotional fans. It makes it very difficult for those of us who, while passionate fans in our own right, to participate in any kind of discussion. It's not my or anyone else's fault that they can't keep their emotions in check.
maybe they need to have a forum for venting after a loss....

yes, i am mad we lost, but there is nothing i can do about it, since i wasnt out on the field playing.we just have to move on, and whatever the problem is have faith in coach tomlin that he can get it fixed.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #20
Angina
Water Boy

Member Number: 9315

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
If you'd read my post, you would have seen that nowhere in it did I advocate for venting. I stated that I understood why some people did it, not that I approved or encouraged it.

What I did say was don't respond to it, especially with insults that will only invite further posting by the offending individual, thus increasing the "whine factor" of the thread you're trying to conduct your discussion in.

And if you simply can't resist insulting and engaging them -- do it off the thread in a private message.
Angina is offline   Reply With Quote