Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #11
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default Re: The Goodell Perriera Fix on Harrison

I am not blaming refs for the loss. I am blaming them for preventing Harrison from being the sack leader.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
psusteelers4life
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14838

Like I said before in another thread earlier this year. Harrison is a great player I know he has contain and the edge on the line but whe he rushes he looks like he always bull rushes and never makes a second move. This is why I think he gets held easily like you see like what I call the cloths hang hold around his neck that doesnt get called. If he made a second move like a spin instead of bull rush almost all the time the holds might be more obvious and he might be able to get a better rush. That being said he does have an assignment to carry out being the outside backer in a 3-4 and he does need to contain the edge that may be why he bull rushes most of the time so he doesnt give up contain.
psusteelers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
WH

Member Number:

All the bitching I ever did on behalf of James Harrison last year and this year because of holding went out the window when he got flagged for Unsportsmanlike Conduct during the 2nd Bengals game this year that continued their game winning drive.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #14
SteelStang
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
James Harrison got held all last season, yet the defense still played well and we still won the Super Bowl. It's no excuse. Besides, we don't blame the refs for our plight in Pittsburgh. Blaming the refs is the domain of sore losers.
I don't think anyone is blaming the refs here in this thread. I know I'm not. Bottomline is that he gets held nearly every time he rushes the passer. It has almost become comical.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
Stu Pidasso
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Here's a thought: With all the "We have to think of the players SAFETY first in this league" (Goodell quote) James Harrison getting BENT BACKWARDS while being held is really bad on his vertebrae. If they keep not calling the holds, the lineman won't stop holding him. Then he (God forbid) gets a back injury, and we will ALL be crying about "Why oh why oh why didn't they call those holding calls?"
Stu Pidasso is offline   Reply With Quote