Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,506
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,064
Thanked 725 Times in 382 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
hey the way i see it, if they're spending time on this, then they're NOT thinking up NEW ways to screw the taxpayers.....
its pretty obvious the ncaa is never going to change this cash grab format... its the taxpayers who want to see it changed, so this might be the first time in history that congress actually listens to the people...

i love how miami,clemson and BC, got dicked out of the gator bowl to a 6-6 florida state just to show case bowdens last game against his former team.....i hate WVU , but i hope the win by 40....
That's borderline criminal in my opinion. FSU sucks and has no business playing on TV much less a bowl game.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #22
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,454
Member Number: 8456
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Come on, Obama, do something.

I mean, this is one thing even die-hard Republicans would appreciate.
Do you seriously want govt. involvement, they'll get involved too much and destroy college football, everything they try and control, they @%^$ up
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #23
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,494
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,304 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
Exactly, why should TCU or Boise get punished by playing substandard teams like OSU, Iowa, Oregon or GT. Let the 2 undefeated teams play and let the 2 loss teams who couldn't hack it in worthless conferences play each other.
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner.

Western teams never get the respect.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Ding Ding Ding We have a winner.

Western teams never get the respect.
Isn't USC a Western team?
Isn't Oregon.

They don't get respect because of their conference. PERIOD. Toss in the super weak OOC schedules and it only gets worse. Boise and TCU are BOTH guilty of scheduling lower division foes. Texas Christian schedule FCS Texas State. Boise scheduled Cal-Davis.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #25
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,494
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,304 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

It will expose the BCS for the spineless, pathetic cowards they are. They think that matchup will protect their precious monopoly while appeasing the masses. Have some balls, you greedy basterds and let them either show the nation they deserve a good match-up or prove your point with a blow-out.

Boise St. deserves a shot at the National championship, but since you won't allow that to happen, let them play Florida. Let TCU have a match-up that allows them to prove how good they are. Or, are you afraid that they will expose you for the frauds you are? TWO non-BCS wins would certainly make a mess of your house of cards.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #26
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Well, Boise would be destroyed by Florida. But I think Boise/Cincy would be a good match-up. Lot's of offense and not much defense...68-65 Boise win.

TCU and OSU would be a great match-up...lots of DEFENSE in that one.

Let Florida and Oregon play. Another great match-up.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #27
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,494
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,304 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Well, Boise would be destroyed by Florida. But I think Boise/Cincy would be a good match-up. Lot's of offense and not much defense...68-65 Boise win.

TCU and OSU would be a great match-up...lots of DEFENSE in that one.

Let Florida and Oregon play. Another great match-up.
Boise beat Oregon this year. You logic is flawed.

Let Boise and Florida play each other and see who wins. That's what a championship is all about isn't it.

Nation's Winningest Team Since 1999. - 108 - 20 (.844)

Bu Bu Bu they don't play in the big ten.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by MACH1; 12-10-2009 at 02:20 PM.
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #28
Nadroj 20
Team President
 
Nadroj 20's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,027
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14045
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Well, Boise would be destroyed by Florida. But I think Boise/Cincy would be a good match-up. Lot's of offense and not much defense...68-65 Boise win.

TCU and OSU would be a great match-up...lots of DEFENSE in that one.

Let Florida and Oregon play. Another great match-up.
OSU cant play anyone else other then oregon because the rose bowl takes big ten champ and pac 10 champ, unless those two are in the NT in this case they arent so if Ohio State makes a BCS game and its not the NT they will always play the Pac 10 champ unless they are in the NT, its stupid i know but thats how it works.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
Boise beat Oregon this year. You logic is flawed.
In Boise...at the beginning of the season...before Oregon really "locked in".

Let me make this clear. If Oregon could get another crack at Boise, I think they'd destroy them. No "logic flaw", just football logic. Revenge would play a part. At times this year Oregon and Florida were playing national championship football.

As for the rest, I KNOW all that about the Pac-10/Big 10...I'm saying if we COULD get in there and move some match-ups around that's how I would do it...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:22 PM   #30
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Idaho
Posts: 13,494
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 3,320 Times in 1,304 Posts
Default Re: Chicken @#$% BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
In Boise...at the beginning of the season...before Oregon really "locked in".

Let me make this clear. If Oregon could get another crack at Boise, I think they'd destroy them. No "logic flaw", just football logic. Revenge would play a part. At times this year Oregon and Florida were playing national championship football.

As for the rest, I KNOW all that about the Pac-10/Big 10...I'm saying if we COULD get in there and move some match-ups around that's how I would do it...
Doesn't matter, they ALREADY BEAT THEM!

Thats like saying give the steelers another crack at the raiders, the raiders will get destroyed this time, revenge.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts