Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #1
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719
Default lol...

I've never seen a more predictable group of people in my life. You can't defend the play of your team this year, so your only defense is how many Superbowls the Steelers have won. That's it. You have nothing else. The Bengals have drafted well and finally have a good team. It's hilarious to read really. I don't understand why you get so angry about it either. There isn't much gap in between NFL teams anyway. They are all incredible athletes or they wouldn't be out there in the first place. Good coaching and small talent gaps make most of the difference between winning and losing. All of you armchair general managers/coaches should think about that.

If the Bengals being any good bothers you that much, then you should probably see a doctor. And if the only retort you have against Bengal fans (who enjoy football just as much as you do) enjoying their team being good is that they don't have any Superbowls, again see a doctor. What exactly do you expect them to say? You act like you're the only fanbase in the NFL that's allowed to enjoy football. Just because you were born in an area where the NFL team was good doesn't make you better than anyone else. People don't have a choice in the matter unless they start rooting for a team later in life. I'm unsure how it makes sense to make fun of Bengals fan because the organization they root for hasn't been very good. How do they have any control over that? What if they're a fan of GM or Ford cars, and that business starts failing, are they made fun of that too? They have no more control over the situation.

Oh and please stop using we, you don't play for the team.
wildjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,382 Times in 501 Posts
Default Re: lol...

Where you been since, oh, 2006?

Another jackass that comes out of the woodwork after 3+ years to talk shit.

Next.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Next.
They have to, just as quickly as they can. The bagels life span is seldom and short.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I have no problem with the bungals being good or their fans celebrating their 2nd winning season in 19 years. What I have an issue wth is when those so-called fans only come out to talk football when their team has a winning season.

Where were you last year? Let's see 81 posts since 2005? Really? And you're a fan?

Step inside the ring when you're team sucks, stand up and support them when they are losing games instead of only when they are winning.

You're nothing more than a who only sees the light of day when the team is supportable!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjames View Post
Oh and please stop using we, you don't play for the team.
You're right we don't play for the team but not being a Steelers fan - YOU MOST DEFINITELY WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND!

So enjoy your winning season, and when WE take back our division, let US know how you feel!

By then you'll bury your head in the sand again.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #6
wildjames
Draft Prospect

So because I haven't posted on this particular forum in awhile means that my opinions aren't relevant, but yours are? You really put yourself in the hierarchy of the human race that much higher than anyone else because of their internet computer forum usage?

I'm not even talking smack because I don't care that much. Why do you all take football so seriously?

I don't even use a computer that much. I'm sorry that I cramped your virtual world. I was just asking questions, and the part that befuddles me is that none of them were answered.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Next.
You think that's shit talking? Did you even read my post? None of my questions were answered. It's no different than focusing on how many SB's the Steelers have won. I don't understand why your fanbase always deflects questions and focuses on the only ammo they have.

So to summarize (and add to) what most of you fans do when questioned, you either:

A. But the team I root for has won six Superbowls, I will only talk about that to deflect questions about the current state of the team I root for.

B. I'm going to ignore everything said in the post and focus on your join date and internet forum frequency of usage to belittle you. Do you really think that bothers me? That's all you have? I asked some simple questions.

Three responses so far and it's about exactly what I expected. Any intelligent people out there?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #8
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,382 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
You think that's shit talking? Did you even read my post? None of my questions were answered. It's no different than focusing on how many SB's the Steelers have won. I don't understand why your fanbase always deflects questions and focuses on the only ammo they have.

So to summarize (and add to) what most of you fans do when questioned, you either:

A. But the team I root for has won six Superbowls, I will only talk about that to deflect questions about the current state of the team I root for.

B. I'm going to ignore everything said in the post and focus on your join date and internet forum frequency of usage to belittle you. Do you really think that bothers me? That's all you have? I asked some simple questions.

Three responses so far and it's about exactly what I expected. Any intelligent people out there?
Your "questions" were nothing more than a bunch of childish barbs at a fanbase. That doesn't make you intelligent, it makes you an asshat and a troll.

If you didn't come here to troll, why did you wait 3+ years until, just coincidentally I'm sure, the Steelers are on a down year and the Bengals are on a rare up year? Hmmm?

Jackass.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #9
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Anyway I just find it strange how seriously people take the NFL. I have a feeling the fanbases take it way more seriously than even the players do. Hell aren't most of the players friends off the field anyway? (Less the ones that get into fights obviously). They're all millionaires. It's the crazy fanbases that make most of it so insane. My life isn't affected in any way by what a sports team does, either positively or negatively because I don't care. Why should I? You people just seem to be so crazy about a team/league that doesn't know and probably doesn't care about any of you, you're just dollar signs in their eyes.

There are people here in LA that their life/week is determined on how USC is doing. It's hilarious.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

Well - I think being fiercely loyal to a team that has won more Super Bowls than any other franchise is pretty powerful "ammo", especially in response to a fan whose team has shit the bed more in its entire existence than our secondary has this season.

I have no problem with Bungles fans being excited about this season - they have every reason to do so, as do fans of other teams whose teams are in contention for the playoffs.

Every team experiences ups and downs somewhere in their existence - it's inevitable. This is a down year for us and it is what it is - sure, I'm disappointed but my life doesn't revolve around the Steelers or any of the other teams I support. I value my healthyl blood pressure readings too much.

I think if you want to know how rational Steelers fans feel about this season, may I suggest reading some of the posts in the Steelers forum? There are a lot of good discussions/opinions in that forum with regard to the "state of the team".

Finally - you have to understand our repulsion to most Bungles fans. Other than a small percentage who come here to engage in football discussions, most who have shown up around here over the last several seasons are those who come onto OUR board to demean our team and our fans. You will never see on this board what I've seen over at GoBengals. No one here has ever issued death threats against opponents, wished holocaust on our city and fans, or threatened rape of an opposing coach's daughter. Those behaviors would never be allowed here. So, my striped friend - before you come here puffing your chest and pointing that hypocritical finger - take a look in your own backyard.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote