Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Thinning of the "Heard"....

There is one bright spot from a season pretty much already over after 12 games. I noticed yesterday in the gameday thread many people saying things along the line of "Well, I'm hanging up my Steelers gear for the year".

Good riddance.

There are a lot of newer, fickle spoiled fans who haven't really experienced losing, and pretty much all they do is bitch. I have NO problem with them packing it in and heading off to greener pastures. REAL fans need to learn to endure the lean times along with all the winning. It's fine to complain (and Lord knows I'm as unhappy with our recent performance as any member of this board), but it's childish and silly to think that things will always be rosy, EVEN for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Steelers have multiple problems in all 3 facets of the game right now, but they have a recipe for success, a system that breeds excellence, and one down year simply means they need to work harder and get better for next year. And there WILL be a next year.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Thinning of the "Heard"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
There is one bright spot from a season pretty much already over after 12 games. I noticed yesterday in the gameday thread many people saying things along the line of "Well, I'm hanging up my Steelers gear for the year".

Good riddance.

There are a lot of newer, fickle spoiled fans who haven't really experienced losing, and pretty much all they do is bitch. I have NO problem with them packing it in and heading off to greener pastures. REAL fans need to learn to endure the lean times along with all the winning. It's fine to complain (and Lord knows I'm as unhappy with our recent performance as any member of this board), but it's childish and silly to think that things will always be rosy, EVEN for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Steelers have multiple problems in all 3 facets of the game right now, but they have a recipe for success, a system that breeds excellence, and one down year simply means they need to work harder and get better for next year. And there WILL be a next year.

Thank You.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Oh, and before anyone questions using the word "heard", I did that on purpose....it's a play on words, and means I've heard all the bitching from the fair weather fans...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I'm with you on this. I'm usually pretty depressed on Sunday night and maybe a little Monday morning after a loss. But by lunch time Monday, I've got it in perspective. This surely looks to be a down year. But we're 6-6 which means we are basically an average team. Many teams make it a company standard of being average or below.

Ask yourself, when the last time the Steelers were one of the doormats of the league? When were they so bad they weren't even in playoff contention by Nov.1st? When was the last time they lost more than 11 games in a season?

Answer to all of these is never in your lifetime if you're under age 40. In this time the Steelers have given us more SuperBowls, playoff seasons, and non losing seasons than any other team in the NFL.
I'm thankful for the success we've had and know that we'll get back to the Steelers standards soon.

I'm also not giving up on this team yet. Playoffs are still possible for this year as well and I'll believe until we hit loss #8 that we're officially done.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #5
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Good post! Remember, Cowher had some terrible years.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Default Re: Thinning of the "Herd"....

Welp, somebody changed it back to "herd", so....so much for the punning...
Old 12-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #7
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Nice Hot Shower makes it all ok. Besides, after the game, I turned off all football and got to watch a movie with the family...so like...there is that...

usually after a win I watch highlights and all the other games as well...

Been getting lots of family time in this season LOL!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM   #8
SteelStang
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11792

I try to always stay away from the boards the day of a game especially after a loss. I need time to cool down and analyze things before I start ranting. I've never been one to post a lot anyway, but win or lose, I'm not going anywhere.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelStang View Post
I try to always stay away from the boards the day of a game especially after a loss. I need time to cool down and analyze things before I start ranting. I've never been one to post a lot anyway, but win or lose, I'm not going anywhere.

Thats what I'm talking about!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I'm hoping this season clears them out for good. A lot of opposing team fans like to say that the Steelers have the biggest bandwagon in the league. After what I've seen this season, it is very hard to disagree with them.

For those of you who are hanging up your Steelers gear for the season...do us all a favor and don't put it back on. Ever. Find the latest front-runner and jump on their bandwagon. We don't need you.