Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #11
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: to those of you that still believe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
You do realize they CAN make the playoffs right? Its not that its impossible for us to fathom the idea that they might not we are just being positive and we are seeing that there is a shed of light in all of this. They arent playing great no, but until we are officially elimated meaning its impossible for us to make it im going to be optimistic and think the best
Right! I seem to remember that we were looking pretty pathetic in 2005 before the "light came on" and we ran the table. There is enough talent on this roster for that to happen again. It's just a matter of each individual player finding that fire that is missing.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #12
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Right! I seem to remember that we were looking pretty pathetic in 2005 before the "light came on" and we ran the table. There is enough talent on this roster for that to happen again. It's just a matter of each individual player finding that fire that is missing.

Ding ding ding! We have been beat down by the media, had our name dragged through the mud, and are now officially overlooked and written off by everyone. We need to use this in our favor and get hot, RIGHT NOW.

We need to play PISSED off. We need that chip on our shoulder, we need guys out there busting heads and making statements,
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #13
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedust View Post
People need to be able to separate "Cheering for their team." and "Blindlessly follow the Steelers."

There's many shades of gray to everything, it's not all one side or the other like most of the republican/conservative mentality. I'll still cheer and watch the Steelers, wearing my jerseys and such, but they won't be making the playoffs.

I know to some people that's impossible to fathom, having two differing thoughts like that, and all I can say is I'm sorry.
Not sure what "blindlessly" means, but if you think that I am "blindly" following the Steelers you are wrong. My eyes are W I D E open....sorta like this guy---->
Old 12-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #14
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Good grief! Can we let go of 2005 for once.

This is not 2005. This team does not have the leadership or defense that team had.

That team had a Statement game against the Bears...in our stadium...when the Bears were one of the best teams in the NFC

This team messed the bed against the Raiders...in our stadium...with the Raiders being one of the worst 5 teams in the entire NFL.

Let 2005 go. This bunch is not even in their class.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #15
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
Ding ding ding! We have been beat down by the media, had our name dragged through the mud, and are now officially overlooked and written off by everyone. We need to use this in our favor and get hot, RIGHT NOW.

We need to play PISSED off. We need that chip on our shoulder, we need guys out there busting heads and making statements,
So this will be PISSED OFF THURSDAY. We already unleashed HELL and that didn't work. Perhaps being PISSED was the answer after all.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #16
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastFurnace View Post
Good grief! Can we let go of 2005 for once.

This is not 2005. This team does not have the leadership or defense that team had.

That team had a Statement game against the Bears...in our stadium...when the Bears were one of the best teams in the NFC

This team messed the bed against the Raiders...in our stadium...with the Raiders being one of the worst 5 teams in the entire NFL.

Let 2005 go. This bunch is not even in their class.
Dude...relax....I own a calender & I realize that this is 2009. I simply referenced history to suggest that it is possible to win 4 games in a row & make the playoffs. Once we get there, anything can happen. If you remember in 05, we lost 3 games in a row & faced the Bears while at 7-5. Not too different than where we find ourselves now.

I also disagree that this team doesn't have the leadership or defense of 2005. Unlike 05, this team just won the Superbowl & has as much if not more talent than last year. The issue is that they are not playing to their expected level & that can be fixed. Will it? Who knows? But, the talent is there.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #17
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post

The only fly in that ointment may be that it may not matter one whit if Pittsburgh gets hot and runs the table if the teams above them also continue to win. At 6-6 you are sitting at the same table as the Jets and Dolphins and looking up at the Jags and Broncos (who hold the tie-breaker). The Ravens will either be looking down at you by midnight EST or supping from the same trough.

Yes, the Steelers do still possess the possibility of making the playoffs as a WC, but they really, REALLY needed to win a game they should have won. And that game was yesterday.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
zsheik22
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
The only fly in that ointment may be that it may not matter one whit if Pittsburgh gets hot and runs the table if the teams above them also continue to win. At 6-6 you are sitting at the same table as the Jets and Dolphins and looking up at the Jags and Broncos (who hold the tie-breaker). The Ravens will either be looking down at you by midnight EST or supping from the same trough.

Yes, the Steelers do still possess the possibility of making the playoffs as a WC, but they really, REALLY needed to win a game they should have won. And that game was yesterday.

Ha ha. Of course it would have been easier if we won yesterday, or any other game that we lost by sub 6 points ;)

The other teams with the same record have it just hard if not harder.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #19
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Quote:

We beat the broncos doesnt that give us the tie breaker agianst them?
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #20
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Yeah...that would have been the easy way...