Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Why is Carson Palmer not a bust yet

Seriously, this year heavily overrated, cancel out the Bears game he has had an average year at best.

80.4 quarterback rating this year.

He has never done anything with the Bungals, so i consider him a bust. I can't believe Madden Rated him a 97 in 08 overated. 1 good year in 2006, does not make him not eligable, BUST

The only other 1st round that would be considered a bust would be Michael Vick, he broke records and took them 1 win to a superbowl so he's excluded.

Disagree or Agree?
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Why is Carson Palmer not a bust yet

Well, his team has won more games than ours this year, so he at least has THAT going for him.

I'll grant you that he's overrated...
Old 12-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

hmmmm his team was horrible last year with out him this year they are doing hmmm much better. He is not a bust and i dotn know how you could even think he is.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #4
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

The definition of "bust" seems to be very fluid and open to interpretation around this place.

Bust means failure. Palmer hasn't failed, he just hasn't lived up to the hype.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
hmmmm his team was horrible last year with out him this year they are doing hmmm much better. He is not a bust and i dotn know how you could even think he is.
Well...don't forget that they were horrible when he WAS in last year too, they just continued to be horrible after he got injured as well lol.

I don't think he's a total bust, it's not like he's Russell or anything, but I don't think he's as good as some people make him out to be either.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #6
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Seriously, this year heavily overrated, cancel out the Bears game he has had an average year at best.

80.4 quarterback rating this year.

He has never done anything with the Bungals, so i consider him a bust. I can't believe Madden Rated him a 97 in 08 overated. 1 good year in 2006, does not make him not eligable, BUST

The only other 1st round that would be considered a bust would be Michael Vick, he broke records and took them 1 win to a superbowl so he's excluded.

Disagree or Agree?
How can you call the QB of a 9-3 team a bust?

He has struggled at times this year, not looking like the dominant QB he was in 2005. Then again, he's lost two of his go-to-guys in TJ Houshmandzadeh and Chris Henry and is still getting adjusted to throwing to new guys like Coles and Caldwell. Also, he just hasn't had much of an opportunity to get into any kind of groove throwing the ball because of the way the Bengals have dedicated themselves to the running game. With 40-50 runs a game, he's getting closer to 20 passes a game than the 30-40's he's been accustomed to in past years.

That being said, his accuracy has been a concern this year, but he's been around the block before and hopefully he can sharpen up by the time playoffs roll around. I'm just happy that the Bengals no longer have to ask him to go out and throw for 300+ yards and 3-4 TD's in order to win a game.

God bless Cedric Benson, Bernard Scott, and Larry Johnson.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:29 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

carson pamer looks like a douchebag = bust.

i find him ugly sorry guys gotta call him a bust as it does sound fing stupid, but thats some of my reason with his stats. lol
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #8
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I've no doubt had the opportunity to watch more Bengals games than most of the rest of you have. As a matter of fact, I've probably watched more Bengals games in the last 4 or 5 years than most Bengals "fans" have. (It was either that or Comedy Central.)

I can assure you that Carson Palmer is one of the most overrrated QB's in the NFL. I thank my lucky stars everyday for Ben Roethlisberger.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."

Last edited by stillers4me; 12-07-2009 at 07:46 PM.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM   #9
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
I've no doubt had the opportunity to watch more Bengals games than most of the rest of you have. As a matter of fact, I've probably watched more Bengals games in the last 4 or 5 years than most Bengals "fans" have. (It was either that or Comedy Central.)

I can assure you that Carson Palmer is one of the most overrrated QB's in the NFL. I thank my lucky stars everyday for Ben Roethlisberger.
With all due respect my friend, you couldn't be more wrong. In 2005, his second season as the starter, Carson threw had 32 Tds, 12 INTs, 67.8 comp%, 101 QB rating, was named Pro Bowler, and led his team to a division title. He was regarded as a top 5 NFL QB. Overrated? Bust? Then came the devastating knee injury. Following the quickest comeback ever from knee reconstruction, all he did in 2006 was throw 28 TDs, 13 Ints, 4,000 + Yds, and earned another Pro Bowl. Overrated? Bust? In 2007, with a team that had it share of on field and off field problems, he threw for 24 TDs, over 4,000 yards, and completed over 60% of his passes. Overrated? Bust? Last year he injured his elbow and missed 12 games. But, he has come back this year and led us to a 9-3 record and most likely his second division title. And while people say he is having a down year, it was Carson who almost single handed led us to the first win over Pitt, Balt, and Clev. Overrated? Bust? I don't think so my friend!
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Sorry, bud. I watch the games and I don't feel the love. Never saw anything that would want me to see him in black and gold. He would have had a career ending injury behind one of Ben's O lines. He's too fragile and not near as mobile. All those stats don't mean a thing when you have nothing to show for it.

And has Marvin found that 8 foot receiver that Carson likes to try to throw to yet?
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote