Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-08-2009, 07:18 AM   #11
Spidey
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2758
Default Re: Unrealistic Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Sunday, I found the offense extremely mediocre during the first 3 quarters. 10 points in 45 minutes against the Raiders, you don't call this mediocre? In my opinion it's more than mediocre, it's p*ss poor.
Then in the 4th Q, the defense fell apart, but they held the Raiders to 6 points until then so they were doing a decent job.

Had the offense played half decent until the 4th quarter, we should have won this game regardless of the defensive meltdown at the end.
Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:35 AM   #12
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Sunday, I found the offense extremely mediocre during the first 3 quarters. 10 points in 45 minutes against the Raiders, you don't call this mediocre? In my opinion it's more than mediocre, it's p*ss poor.
Then in the 4th Q, the defense fell apart, but they held the Raiders to 6 points until then so they were doing a decent job.
Had the offense played half decent until the 4th quarter, we should have won this game regardless of the defensive meltdown at the end.

Other than that. How did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Pointing at the offense and ignoring what the defense did does not make sense.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:59 AM   #13
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Personally, I begin every pre-season with the anticipation that the Steelers will win the Super Bowl.

I reasonably expect them to be competitive in every game and destroy the lesser teams. I'm sorry but I do not buy into the parity of the league. There are teams that remain at the top of their division for a reason and it has to do with the FO, the coaches, and the players they keep year to year. The Steelers, my beloved Steelers, are one of those teams.

Yes, I get angry, embarrassed, and outraged when we lose games we shouldn't - more specifically when athletes that are getting paid millions to play a kid's game, play like kids who have never played! Not that I don't accept the bad game from key individuals from time to time, but for the entire team to play down to a level unrecognizable - that's not the Steelers.

Support them 100%, all year, every year!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #14
The_WARDen
Head Coach

Member Number: 7628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
I do not post after every loss or win, I enjoy reading the back and forth banter between the left and the right (I'll let you figure which you are). In reading all the posts it has come to my attention that some on here expect a win every game and a playoff berth every year. That is the most absurd notion in the world. Or is it? Honestly I had to sit down and think about this, when was the last game that the Steelers went into that I truly expected a loss, and the game that came to me was the Colts playoff game in "05".Boy did they prove me wrong. Now I do not expect my guys to go undefeated, no. but I really believe they will win every time they take the field. Every season I have aspirations of a Superbowl, so yes I expect playoffs every year. We are so lucky, let me stress this. WE ARE SO LUCKY to be fans of a team that is so consistent that losing comes as a shock to its fans and also a shock and source of embarrassment to the organization. Right now we are finding ways to lose and there seems to be two encampments as whether the offense or defense is to blame, coaches or players. IMO, I think there is more than enough blame to go around and I also believe that the fix is not quite as drastic as some would have you believe. Less injuries, a key play on either side of the ball, some better decisions (again these are easier to see in hindsight) and this team that is sorely underachieving could be 10-2 to 12-0. This team is one season removed from a Superbowl with little personnel changes, I wish I knew what the answer was. I do think this though and anyone who knows the Steelers will agree this organization will not scrap this team, players or coaches. This is not the Rooney way. There will be significant thought put in this and whatever changes will be made the best interest of the club will be foremost and what we think as fans will not come into play. If the Steelers do not make the playoffs I for one will likely not even watch the playoffs. I did not even watch the NY/NE SB. But this year with the Saints being better than ever and them being my most regional team I will pull for them. But one thing for sure I will NEVER wear another teams emblem. The Steelers are my team now for 40+ years and they will be for as long as I draw a breath.
ever hear of paragraphs and hitting the Enter key once in awhile? Geesh that's hard to read.
After reading the idiotic threads over the past couple of weeks, I ask the question - "Who is worse...Steeler fans or Eagles fans?" Keep in mind that Eagle fans do not know what it's like to win a SB much less 6 and 2 this decade.
The_WARDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:12 AM   #15
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Other than that. How did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Pointing at the offense and ignoring what the defense did does not make sense.
How did I ignore the defense? I said they fell apart in the 4th quarter. Re-read what I wrote.
I'm just saying, blaming the loss of the defense alone isn't fair. We should have led the Raiders by at least 15 points going into the 4th quarter and this would have been more than enough to secure the win.

3 redzone opps produced 3 friggin' points in the first half. You call that good offense?
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:17 AM   #16
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
How did I ignore the defense? I said they fell apart in the 4th quarter. Re-read what I wrote.
I'm just saying, blaming the loss of the defense alone isn't fair. We should have led the Raiders by at least 15 points going into the 4th quarter and this would have been more than enough to secure the win.

3 redzone opps produced 3 friggin' points in the first half. You call that good offense?
You better read your post again. Your last sentence at the very lest implies that the lost belongs to the offense, and it doesn't.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #17
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
You better read your post again. Your last sentence at the very lest implies that the lost belongs to the offense, and it doesn't.
I can read and I can also write. My whole post means that the offense must share the blame for the loss.

And I asked you a question: 3 redzone opportunities produced only 3 points in the first half. Do you call that good offense?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #18
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
I can read and I can also write. My whole post means that the offense must share the blame for the loss.

And I asked you a question: 3 redzone opportunities produced only 3 points in the first half. Do you call that good offense?
The answer is, no I don't think the offense did a good job at that time, but they did do a good job at other points in the game. I will not focus totally on one point a ignore the rest of the game.

Simply, The Chief.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 AM   #19
JunScooby
Water Boy

Member Number: 15015

I agree that our expectations are unrealistic, however that does not mean taking a loss is any less painful.
JunScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #20
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
The answer is, no I don't think the offense did a good job at that time, but they did do a good job at other points in the game. I will not focus totally on one point a ignore the rest of the game.
Thanks for your honest response.