Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #21
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: Unrealistic Fans

Who says that we expect a SB win every year. I certainly don't.

What bothers me, and I am certain others, is the manner in which the team has lost this year. You have to admit, every single loss this season has been a heartbreaker and leaves you just scratching your head. In not one case did we get beat by someone that was just a better team. I'm not saying we beat ourselves, but the manner in which the Steelers lost is usually lost by a team that has a lot less talent than we have.

We have quite possibly the worst ST unit in the last 2 decades of football, a defense that completely dissolved because of one player who has been injured all year, and really no answers on how to fix either problem. Both of these 2 units are the primary reason we are where we are today. That creates disappointment.

Not to mention....every single fan base that has a decent team would be upset with losses to KC and Oakland....two of the absolute worst teams in the entire league.

This isn't being spoiled, whiiney or whatever else the fan police want to throw our way. It's called being a fan and being disappointed in a team that should have been better this season.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #22
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

last year our 4 losses came to good playoff bound teams, Eagles, Giants, Colts and Titans, this year, we lost to the Bears, Chiefs, Raiders, Ravens and Bengals Twice...maybe one playoff team in the bunch. And that's only because they beat us twice, reverse those games and they don't sniff the playoffs.

So really, the Frustration and Anger is losing to teams that really don't belong on the same field as us, We shouldn't be losing to these inferior teams.

Sure, last year when we threw a pick to the Colts right before half time, people wanted to Fire Arians, and when we allowed 9 sacks to the Eagles or got completely beaten into submission by the Titans, people were pissed off, but this Disgusting Display of Lack of Effort on the part of our Entire Team against the teams we are losing to this year is absolutely unaccaptable and I don't give a rats arse what kind of "Super Fan" you are.

Is it realistic to want 43 Super Bowl titles already? No, come on, its too hard to win it every year, but damn me as a fan if I sit by quietly and watch these professionals act like a bunch of brain damaged twits on game day!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #23
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

SO yeah...I'm FULL OF RAGE!!!

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:02 PM   #24
Bluedust
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stang909 View Post
I think what is making most of us upset is the fact that we have one of the easiest schedules in the league this year and we are struggling to win games. This team is simply underachieving. Thats not how defending champs should play. Plain and simple.
Give this man a beer.
Bluedust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #25
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_WARDen View Post
ever hear of paragraphs and hitting the Enter key once in awhile? Geesh that's hard to read.
Sorry I did mean to make it easy for you. Here is edited version.

We expect perfection and we are continually disappointed. BTW, English and grammar police is one reason I do not post much.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #26
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

As someone who lives in Raiders and 49ers country, believe me, I'm deeply appreciative of the fact that the Steelers are not like those franchises.

That's not really the issue, though. More like we had high hopes this season -- and justifiably so -- and so far, the team hasn't played anywhere near its potential. That's disappointing regardless of what the other 31 teams are doing.

Fact is, I'm GLAD that anything short of being a serious title contender is upsetting, because it usually means your team has had a hell of a lot more success than the "happy-just-to-be-here" crowd.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:01 PM   #27
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
We should have led the Raiders by at least 15 points going into the 4th quarter and this would have been more than enough to secure the win.

3 redzone opps produced 3 friggin' points in the first half. You call that good offense?
Do you honestly think that our opponents don't have DC's and HC's who do their homework and game plan against our offense? Every team that has played and will play against the Steelers this season does triple due diligence because until February 7, 2010, the Steelers are the defending Super Bowl champs. Everyone wants to beat the champs.

Read my font again . . . . slowly. The Steelers O gave the team the lead THREE TIMES in that game, only to watch each of those leads dissipate at the hands of the D, primarily the Steelers secondary. How hard is it for you to get that? Who gives a rat's rear if we win by 3 or if we win by 30? The Steelers O had that game won with under 2 left in the game. The D gave yet another game away and that is what is totally inexcusable.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #28
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Do you honestly think that our opponents don't have DC's and HC's who do their homework and game plan against our offense? Every team that has played and will play against the Steelers this season does triple due diligence because until February 7, 2010, the Steelers are the defending Super Bowl champs. Everyone wants to beat the champs.

Read my font again . . . . slowly. The Steelers O gave the team the lead THREE TIMES in that game, only to watch each of those leads dissipate at the hands of the D, primarily the Steelers secondary. How hard is it for you to get that? Who gives a rat's rear if we win by 3 or if we win by 30? The Steelers O had that game won with under 2 left in the game. The D gave yet another game away and that is what is totally inexcusable.
I'm not asking them to win by 30 pts but I certainly expect them to produce more than they've done, especially early in the games.

This is another statistic for your viewing pleasure.

A clear proof that our offense has been pretty lousy so far, considering the quality of our offensive weapons and the fact that nobody got injured.

I look forward to reading the excuses you'll find to justify their lack of production.

PIT-TEN: 0 pts in 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
CHI-PIT: 7pts 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
PIT-CLE: 0 pts in 1st quarter
PIT-MIN: 3 pts in 1st quarter, 10 pts at 1/2 time
DEN-PIT: 0 pts in 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
PIT-CIN: 3 pts in 1st quarter, 9 pts at 1/2 time
KC-PIT: 0 pts in 1st quarter
BAL-PIT: 0 pts in 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
PIT-OAK: 3 pts in 1st quarter, 10 pts at 1/2 time.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #29
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
I'm not asking them to win by 30 pts but I certainly expect them to produce more than they've done, especially early in the games.

This is another statistic for your viewing pleasure.

A clear proof that our offense has been pretty lousy so far, considering the quality of our offensive weapons and the fact that nobody got injured.

I look forward to reading the excuses you'll find to justify their lack of production.

PIT-TEN: 0 pts in 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
CHI-PIT: 7pts 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
PIT-CLE: 0 pts in 1st quarter
PIT-MIN: 3 pts in 1st quarter, 10 pts at 1/2 time
DEN-PIT: 0 pts in 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
PIT-CIN: 3 pts in 1st quarter, 9 pts at 1/2 time
KC-PIT: 0 pts in 1st quarter
BAL-PIT: 0 pts in 1st quarter, 7 pts at 1/2 time
PIT-OAK: 3 pts in 1st quarter, 10 pts at 1/2 time.

Fact is, the offense gave the team a lead going into the 4th quarter repetedly, and the defense let it get away, and looked very poor doing it. The offense has made mistakes this year and has not played very well 100% of the time, but the offense is not the major problem with this team, the defensive play is.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,921 Times in 4,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
isnt that giving too much credit to the jaw puncher guy and the team who would suffer multiple crotch shots of callihan, shell vol II, and the kid kiffen?

anyone care to name the cardinals OC who is now the cheifs coach? hint- he was a steelers ballboy.

the other guys get paid piss squat and they beat us. their teams absolutely suck and they beat us.

i would like to think ben and our offense did homework against those teams defense.

denver and san diego seemed to have no problem hanging 40 on the chiefs.

we better hang 40 on the browns this weekend.