Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-27-2006, 12:42 PM   #21
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323
Default Re: Randle El

RE makes some very poor decisions sometimes (lateral passes, doesn't protect football well enough, letting kicks drop & hit him inside his own 5 yd line, etc) and isn't big enough to be a 1st WR is any scheme. That said, he has fantastic speed and is a good team player, which makes him a great fit here. I'd like him to stay, because he's a part of a chemistry that obviously works. Holding out for big bucks might net him 500k more/year on a team that won't make the playoffs, probably.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:27 PM   #22
Eztarget
Starter

Member Number: 162

I was watching Inside the NFL last night on HBO and Peter King was saying that Shaun Alexander will probably go for the money and leave the Seahawks to play on a crappy team like Arizona because this would be his ONE shot at big $$$.

I see some team with horrible receivers (think the Eagles) offer Randle El more $$$ than he's worth and him walking because this is going to be his one good shot at a decent payday.

But like others have said, Randle El is not unreplacable. He's been a great 3rd down receiver but he wasn't a consistent deep threat like many said he could be when Plaxico left.

If this team can get Lendall White somehow they will be set for YEARS to come.
Eztarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #23
PolamaluAttack
Water Boy

Member Number: 1539

Hines Ward is my favortie player but Randle El is up tehre....hes really good n cant be replaced he brings something to the team..
PolamaluAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #24
MichiSteeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 959

I'd really really like to have El back, but I'm afraid he wont be back... Which sucks.. But i guess life goes on

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me."- Jack Lambert

Go Buckeyes and Spartans!
MichiSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #25
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

I don't think there is much chance that we will be able to keep Randel El. Some team is going to pay him much more than we will. The driving force is the salary cap and we are going to be in trouble in a few years when Ben and Polo's contracts come up for renegotiations.

Also with Quincy Morgan, Nate Washington, and a #1 draft pick WR I really don't think we need to worry much about losing him.

But I think we should at least make him an offer, nothing more than $7.75m for 5 years, and that is a little more than I really think he is worth.

I am so tired of seeing him go crying to the officials everytime he misses a pass. Wipe your own nose, catch the damn ball, and shut up about it.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:04 PM   #26
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

We need to invest the cash into Chris Hope...we can get another receiver
Old 01-27-2006, 03:07 PM   #27
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnightxX
it all depends on the draft and as the combine and senior bowl ends. One guy that I am really looking at is Michael Robinson from Penn State as he is on the same situation as Hines Ward and Randle El. I think if they draft Michael Robinson Randle El would be let go if he were to ask for the big bucks.
is michael robinson planning on being a WR in the NFL? sounds like a good idea to me...
Old 01-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #28
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
yeah ARE is a little overrated when it comes to special teams we can draft a speedster in the 4th round and do what he does, he doesn't really ever break long ass runs on punts only every now and then. and he isn't a starter or really a deep threat, to me he only had one badass game and that was last year against the giants, wilson can do everything he can do and we already have him locked up for a few more years. i don't really see ARE coming back which could be a good thing cause we can actually draft a tall wr and replace ARE with him.
I agree with koopa. We need to go after a WR with a little more size. 5 feet 10 is not intimidating when it's coming off of the line.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:48 PM   #29
dmewalt
Water Boy

Member Number: 1531

I personally won't miss wondering what the hell Randle EL is doing when he gets the ball, he spends more time going backwards or sideways than he does going forward. When he does get it in motion, he is pretty good. I mean I understand that you should be paid what you are worth, but that wont be clearly defined until he actually leaves the Steelers, because I don't think any amount of money will be worth not being part of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But I am not a professional athlete making a ridiculous salary, I am just a nurse who only saves lives, what would I know about being paid what I am worth?!!!
dmewalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #30
Animal
Water Boy

Member Number: 1584
Cool I Think He'll Be Back...

I think there will be a lot of interest for him around the league, but I think they will work it out and he will be back.
Animal is offline   Reply With Quote