Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default No fun zone

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29
View From The Press Box

No fun zone

December 8th, 2009

It wasn’t too long ago that the Steelers’ locker room also doubled as a game room.

While some of the Steelers played pool and ping pong at one end of the locker room, others shot wadded up pairs of socks into a garbage can in spirited games of “Around the World.”

Today both the pool table and ping pong table sat idle during the time when they are usually getting a lot of play. Geography may have had something to do with that.

Both tables are near James Harrison’s locker, and the outside linebacker may not have taken too kindly to anybody having any kind of fun right now with the 6-6 Steelers in crisis mode.

“It’s real gloomy,” right tackle Willie Colon observed of the atmosphere in the Steelers’ locker room.

A four-week losing streak that has nudged the Steelers near the brink of playoff elimination will do that to the mood in what is usually a light locker room.

And if Colon is any indication there has to be some disbelief among the players that they are actually at this point.

“I was talking about that to (guard) Trai (Essex) the other day,” Colon said. “When I walked into the season there was no doubt in my mind that we were going to come back and run the table. You see a lot of guys put in the hard work this season, do the little things that kind of make you a winning team. You look at the schedule and how we got here, it’s mind boggling.”

The key for the Steelers if they want to have any chance of defending their Super Bowl title is not focusing on how they got to this point but rather where they go from here.

“You’ve got to acknowledge the potential that this is a shaken group which has swallowed a lot here of late,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said earlier this week.

Yet dwelling on what has happened will only hasten the demise of the world champions. And perhaps makes this the perfect week to have a game on a Thursday.

If the Steelers manage to beat the 1-11 Browns, they get the victory they badly need to stop the bleeding. They then get a long weekend to rest and get re-charged for a closing three-game stretch against the Packers, Ravens and Dolphins.

“Every game is a playoff game,” nose tackle Casey Hampton said. “That’s the mentality we have to take right now because we have no room for error.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Steeldude
Living Legend

Default Re: No fun zone

those toys should have never been there to begin with. you go there to work. i don't have pool tables, games etc... where i work.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
BigBen'sSwagger
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15463

I dunno there is a time and a place for things like that and the time is not right now but if it helps to build comeradery (sp) then I have no problems with it. At this time though it would seem to be more of a distraction. I like the idea of a team being focused and loose at the same time but as I said earlier there is a time and a place. I am glad it is situated next to James I am sure he will instill a presence of mind on when it is appropriate and when it is not.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
those toys should have never been there to begin with. you go there to work. i don't have pool tables, games etc... where i work.
Well I do! Oh wait a minute, I'm retired.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Can't practice 24/7
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #6
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,665 Times in 617 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
“You’ve got to acknowledge the potential that this is a shaken group which has swallowed a lot here of late,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said earlier this week.
You can't swallow a lot without sucking a lot first.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:42 AM   #7
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

^^^ewwww
Old 12-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
Gnutella
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13861
Thanked 1,665 Times in 617 Posts
My Mood: Bitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers View Post
^^^ewwww
It's a valid point nonetheless.
Gnutella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,967 Times in 1,848 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
Umm I do.

Wait, I'm the boss.

I don't have a problem with it. There's a time and place for everything and like the article said, Silverback will keep them in their place.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
TX Steelerfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15119

Quote:
Today both the pool table and ping pong table sat idle during the time when they are usually getting a lot of play. Geography may have had something to do with that.
I
f I were Tomlin, I would have put that crap in storage right after the KC game and not brought it back out until we were assured of a playoff birth. In fact, I would have replaced it with port-a-potties and told them, "You want to play like crap? Crap you'll have."
TX Steelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote