Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973
Default Pro Bowl Drop out and Additions.

It's really starting to anger me that all these Pro Bowlers are dropping out, but I guess if they are injured, then it's their choice.. Here are some, including the latest today.

Trent Green will replace Tom Brady. Now I have no one to cheer for.
Tarik Glenn replaces Willie Roaf.
Kyle Vanden Bosch replaces Jason Taylor
Jonathan Vilma replaces Zach Thomas
Haven't heard anything on who replaces Carson Palmer..
Robbie Tobeck replaces Olin Kreutz
Lofa Tatupu replaces Brian Urlacher
Brian Dawkins replaces Mike Brown

It'll probably be Big Ben or Plummer in for Carson. They will probably also play the 4th quarter.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Pro Bowl Drop out and Additions.

If im honest I couldnt care less about the Canadian Style Football Bowl - I think they should have a sportswriters NFC and AFC teams selected and leave it that - no need to play a game that is a waste of time and boils down to a poorly orchestrated popularity contest.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 01-27-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,930 Times in 3,003 Posts

plummer was named the replacement for tom several weeks ago, and after his lackluster preformance and piss poor attitude in last years game he should be permanently banned for life anyways.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:08 PM   #4
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

Plummer and Green ahead of Ben...hmmmmm

Brady's hurt???
Old 01-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,238 Times in 2,871 Posts

Tom Brady and Richard Seymour are both out of the Pro Bowl because of "injuries," which I think is a smart move. I have attached a link to an article where Troy Aikman said the players hate the game and that it should be eliminated.

Unlike baseball, hockey and basketball, where the All-Star games can be played with no hard contact (the NBA and NHL games traditionally have scores in the stratosphere), the risk of injury in the end of the year NFL All-Star game is unavoidable and inexcusable.

My recollection of the worst Pro Bowl related injury is when a running back out of the University of Georgia (whom I recall was a Patriots player) blew out his knee in some nonsensical NFL sponsored flag/beach football exhibition during Pro Bowl week that effectively ended his young career.

If tanking the game will cause players to lose contract incentives, have the vote go forward as some sort of fan/player acknowledgment of who had a good year.

This game should go the way of the College All-Star/defending Super Bowl champ game that used to open the exhibition season as a relic that time has passed by.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../sp/sp02p.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:01 AM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan
Tom Brady and Richard Seymour are both out of the Pro Bowl because of "injuries," which I think is a smart move. I have attached a link to an article where Troy Aikman said the players hate the game and that it should be eliminated.

Unlike baseball, hockey and basketball, where the All-Star games can be played with no hard contact (the NBA and NHL games traditionally have scores in the stratosphere), the risk of injury in the end of the year NFL All-Star game is unavoidable and inexcusable.

My recollection of the worst Pro Bowl related injury is when a running back out of the University of Georgia (whom I recall was a Patriots player) blew out his knee in some nonsensical NFL sponsored flag/beach football exhibition during Pro Bowl week that effectively ended his young career.

If tanking the game will cause players to lose contract incentives, have the vote go forward as some sort of fan/player acknowledgment of who had a good year.

This game should go the way of the College All-Star/defending Super Bowl champ game that used to open the exhibition season as a relic that time has passed by.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../sp/sp02p.html
yeah that was robert edwards. had a great rookie season and people may have never heard of a. smith or dillon in a pats uniform if that didnt happen. i think he got comeback player oty award when he came back for 1 season with miami but was never the same. werent they worried they might have to amputate his leg it was so bad?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

It's one football game, and it reminds of the differences between NASCAR and the NFL. NASCAR would NEVER eliminate their All-Star race because the fans like it. I watch the Pro Bowl, namely because it's the last football game of the year, and it's fun to watch some of the best players in the game all on the field together at once.

Getting back to the NASCAR comparison, football players risk injury, perhaps career-ending injury, and many of them just don't go, or only play 3/4 speed to cut down on injuries, but they want the honor (and the contract negotiating juice). NASCAR drivers drive balls out at their All-Star event, and they literally risk their lives for a little money and a lot of fan fun.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #8
Brady12
Team Captain

Brady has been hurt like the whole season.. He's had a probable status nearly every week with his shoulder. Time to rest it I guess... I think he they would've won it all he would've played.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #9
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
Brady has been hurt like the whole season.. He's had a probable status nearly every week with his shoulder. Time to rest it I guess... I think he they would've won it all he would've played.
you mean like last year? if you call that playing. good to know he would show up to a hawaii vacation on the heels of another sb win though.
im sorry but who actually buys into belichiks bogus injury reports? t. brady was/is as healthy as ever as far as im concerned.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #10
Brady12
Team Captain

Providing a false injury report is eligible for fines. I'm sure Belichick doesn't mess around with it.