Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
California-Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11917
Default Offensive game plan....

Was HORRIBLE!!!!! We could not put one TD on the board with man to man all game.

What a joke. Our playbook looks like a high school playbook. I apologize to all the good high schools out there.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:22 PM   #2
BleedBlacknGold0
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7140
Default Re: Offensive game plan....

Just wait for people to come on this thread saying it has nothing to do with Arians or the offensive game planning.

Man coverage all day and not one shot deep to wallace? Call me one of those Madden idiots but even I think that would have been a sure call
BleedBlacknGold0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:27 PM   #3
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

Man, I couldn't agree more....The play calling for the Steelers is HORRIBLE, it really is....I've been saying it for a couple of years now, I HATE BA, his logic and calls just are beyond me sometimes, the calls are just basically STUPID SO MANY TIMES, they really are....If Tomlin really wants to show that things are gonna change and this kind of play will not be tolerated, BA should be the first to go and tomorrow morning can't be soon enough for me (and many others)....The calls are so predictable or just "bland", there's no surprise factor AT ALL with BA, NONE....What the he!! ever happened to a trick play or somethin' to try and just get somethin' going or do something to surprise the D when things aren;t going well....They probably have run maybe 2 or 3 "trick" plays in like 3 yrs (half back passes I believe)....Man, the days with Randle El, and Mularky and Wisenhunt, say what ya want, but the guys would at least try somethin' different when things just weren't workin', NOT BA, same 'ole same 'ole, and really, it's PATHETIC to watch....Season is over, actually they are an embarassment, to see a last years champs fall so far and look so bad is just UNBELIEVABLE....I bleed balck and gold, and I'll still wear my stuff and hang my banners, but man, this is just so tough to swallow and accept....I can't believe I'm making the trip out next week for the GB game and it's gonna mean absolutely zip, never would have thought that when I made the plans....There is always next year, hopefully with a bunch of guys who can actually make some plays and a new OC who will call them.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Blow the OC and his "staff" up. Hopefully collateral damage will get the HC as well.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #5
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

It's time to fire Arians. I've seen the light....I've seen the light.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
psusteelers4life
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14838

on the last play 4th and 6 and they call a play where the receivers run 10 to 12 yard routes?? that boggles my mind I know you need yardage but...
psusteelers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Where is Mike Mularkey?
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:31 PM   #8
California-Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11917

When you have a team playing man up you have multiple ways of beating it. Not only in the passing game but the run game as well.

You can kill it with draws, and or sweeps. Hell the screen will work as well. If we has some imagination we could have run some pass options with Dixon. H-E-L-L, try something, anything.

Why was Sweed not used to get a miss match on a saftey or linebacker. We could have even put him in the back field then motioned him out to get a miss match. What do I know I only coach little kids. Guess those 6 big points prove me wrong.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I am sure there are people on this that will say it was the D's fault because the Browns scored a TD. The offensive game plan had no continuity. We won the SB last season because of our D, making plays when they had to, this season we have struggled to do that defensively. I must say, this offense , with all the weapons should be putting 27-30 points on the board / game, we don't we just allowed the worst team in football to hold us to 6 friggin points. * sacks against us. Awful O Line play and quite frankly awful offensive coaching, which is becoming the norm. !0 points after 3 quarters against the Raiders. 500 yards vs Chiefs 24 points. Our red zone O sucks although we weren't there tonight.
I know HTG and some of the others will crucify me for this but the ST coach and Arians have to go. They are horrible. Players don't or didn't execute much tonight on O, but there is a problem with scheme.
After the first half I actually thought we might win, but with the way things are going 6-10 and a top half draft pick are looking good right now. Yes I am pissed, and I see no silver lining in this mess. At leas tthere is an excuse on d for the sometimes not good showing, NO SMITH OR TROY> NO excuse on O for this.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #10
steelbad@50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14816

offensive game plan simply sucked, why do you throw the ball on a 3rd and one early on in the 1st qtr, why just pathetic.
steelbad@50 is offline   Reply With Quote