Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Raw Steel
Team Captain
 
Raw Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE PA
Posts: 853
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15349
Thanks: 4
Thanked 59 Times in 29 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Have to call the receivers out tonight

The Browns played man-to-man all night and the receivers couldn't get open. Of course, when we should have adjusted at halftime, we didn't.

Maybe one good thing will come out of this season. Bruce Arians will be sent packing.
__________________
Stick by your team through thick or thin.
Raw Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:20 PM   #2
Steelers>NFL
Team Captain
Supporter
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 978
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15311
Thanks: 143
Thanked 256 Times in 142 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Steel View Post
The Browns played man-to-man all night and the receivers couldn't get open. Of course, when we should have adjusted at halftime, we didn't.

Maybe one good thing will come out of this season. Bruce Arians will be sent packing.

This would be the only good thing about this season if this happens.
The other maybe getting a mid round draft pick. Get a great player to help.
Steelers>NFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:22 PM   #3
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 389
Member Number: 10597
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

Im gettin text messages and emails left and right..embarassing.

How in the hell do you waste 4 mins only to go 30 yrds on a key drive that would be the season ? Playcalling..playcalling.....playcalling........Br uce Arians is pathetic and anyone of you's here that continues to standby this clown is pathetic. Bruce has officially worn out his welcome. No more covering for BA.

Wow.........no postseason. Superbowl to THIS !!!!
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #4
kpm1118
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 4
Member Number: 15541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

I agree the receivers didn't do much but I have never seen a Steeler team simply wuss out like they did tonight. They didn't even look like they wanted to be there because it was too cold. I have been a Steeler fan for 37 years and I have never seen a team like this tonight. They looked like the Colts playing outdoors in the cold. Awful!

Yes, the receivers did nothing. The O-Line was putrid as usual (Colon) must go. But, the blame lies mostly on Ben. At least half of those sacks were his fault for holding the ball too long.

What was he doing throwing to Holmes with four defendors around him? Why was Mendenhall still in the game? He did nothing. He can't get outside the tackles. He is too slow. Truly as pathetic a performance as I have ever seen on the football field. William Gay needs to be cut. If you watch some of the tape, you will see he doesn't even follow the play on runs. He doesn't like to bang.

Arians is done. The routes are simple. Plays too simple.
This sucks!!!!! Hope the Pats can get their head on straight. I hate to see a pseudo football team like the Colts win because they play pansy football.
Gods this sucks!!!!
kpm1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
UF-Steeler
Draft Prospect
 
UF-Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 114
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12845
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm1118 View Post
This sucks!!!!! Hope the Pats can get their head on straight. I hate to see a pseudo football team like the Colts win because they play pansy football.
Gods this sucks!!!!
UF-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:47 PM   #6
kpm1118
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 4
Member Number: 15541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

I agree. There was no urgency at all. What the f....!!!!! Pathetic!
kpm1118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:54 AM   #7
iloveben7
Team Captain
 
iloveben7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 823
Gender: Female
Member Number: 3165
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpm1118 View Post
I agree the receivers didn't do much but I have never seen a Steeler team simply wuss out like they did tonight. They didn't even look like they wanted to be there because it was too cold. I have been a Steeler fan for 37 years and I have never seen a team like this tonight. They looked like the Colts playing outdoors in the cold. Awful!

Yes, the receivers did nothing. The O-Line was putrid as usual (Colon) must go. But, the blame lies mostly on Ben. At least half of those sacks were his fault for holding the ball too long.

What was he doing throwing to Holmes with four defendors around him? Why was Mendenhall still in the game? He did nothing. He can't get outside the tackles. He is too slow. Truly as pathetic a performance as I have ever seen on the football field. William Gay needs to be cut. If you watch some of the tape, you will see he doesn't even follow the play on runs. He doesn't like to bang.

Arians is done. The routes are simple. Plays too simple.
This sucks!!!!! Hope the Pats can get their head on straight. I hate to see a pseudo football team like the Colts win because they play pansy football.
Gods this sucks!!!!
I disagree. Ben had no time tonight at all and I know he could've thrown the ball away on a few of them, but it's Ben.

And Mendenhall needs to stop thinking he's on a dance floor. He frustrates me so much
__________________
Pittsburgh is the City Of Champions

My dream is to meet my HERO, Ben Roethlisberger
iloveben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:33 AM   #8
Glace
Team Captain
 
Glace's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 887
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3609
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Steel View Post
The Browns played man-to-man all night and the receivers couldn't get open. Of course, when we should have adjusted at halftime, we didn't.

Maybe one good thing will come out of this season. Bruce Arians will be sent packing.
Absolutely agree. As I said in another thread, the route running was horrible. The plays were just horrible and doomed from the start.

There is no way with the talent and speed we have at WR that we should not be able to march up and down the field.
Glace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:41 AM   #9
Raw Steel
Team Captain
 
Raw Steel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NE PA
Posts: 853
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15349
Thanks: 4
Thanked 59 Times in 29 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveben7 View Post
I disagree. Ben had no time tonight at all and I know he could've thrown the ball away on a few of them, but it's Ben.

And Mendenhall needs to stop thinking he's on a dance floor. He frustrates me so much
Of his eight sacks, two were on blitzes that players came untouched (scheme), two were obvious that the line gave up. The other four were coverage sacks.

So everyone wants to kill our offensive line, but the whole offense caused those sacks.
__________________
Stick by your team through thick or thin.
Raw Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 AM   #10
micahn31
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: College Station
Posts: 13
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15551
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Have to call the receivers out tonight

its bruce arians fault... its 4th and 6...who calls a play with 10 and 12 yard routes?? what an idiot.... the defense was pinning thier ears back rushing the passer and dropping deep... run a freaking draw play
micahn31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts