Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,164
Member Number: 5792
Thanks: 7
Thanked 333 Times in 163 Posts
Angry This mess is my fault

I told my wife this would probably happen.

I've been a Steeler Fan all my life, since the 70's. I moved away in 92 to Virginia but get back for 4 or 5 games every year. I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 10 years. With no chance to ever reach the top, I decided to buy some PSL's on the open market this year.
The seller and I agreed to a deal and we submitted the paper work the last week of October so I could get the playoff ticket rights for this year. At 5-2 I actually thought there could be a home playoff game in my future. Paper work must be submitted by Nov. 1st to get them in the new owners name. November 12th I received confirmation from the Steelers that the rights had been transferred into my name and I promptly paid the playoff invoice they sent as well.

And we haven't won a game since.
0-5 since. No playoffs at all this year let alone a home game.
I figure they've been pretty great for 40 years or so, maybe this is the start of a new trend for them. It would be just my luck.
If I thought it would help I may even sell them back, but they can't be transferred again until next season.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter
 
MACH1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Potataho
Posts: 14,155
Member Number: 3236
Thanks: 1,664
Thanked 4,963 Times in 1,848 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I told my wife this would probably happen.

I've been a Steeler Fan all my life, since the 70's. I moved away in 92 to Virginia but get back for 4 or 5 games every year. I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 10 years. With no chance to ever reach the top, I decided to buy some PSL's on the open market this year.
The seller and I agreed to a deal and we submitted the paper work the last week of October so I could get the playoff ticket rights for this year. At 5-2 I actually thought there could be a home playoff game in my future. Paper work must be submitted by Nov. 1st to get them in the new owners name. November 12th I received confirmation from the Steelers that the rights had been transferred into my name and I promptly paid the playoff invoice they sent as well.

And we haven't won a game since.
0-5 since. No playoffs at all this year let alone a home game.
I figure they've been pretty great for 40 years or so, maybe this is the start of a new trend for them. It would be just my luck.
If I thought it would help I may even sell them back, but they can't be transferred again until next season.
PM me, I'll take em off your hands.
__________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 PM   #3
SteelBaller
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
Member Number: 15508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Shut up you superstitious fool
SteelBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #4
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter
 
T.Richardson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,562
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10617
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Your fired!
__________________
T.Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBaller View Post
Shut up you superstitious fool
you really need to learn about a little thing called sarcasm.




___________________________________

And here I thought it was because they started losing after I saw them play the Bengals!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #6
SteelBaller
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
Member Number: 15508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
you really need to learn about a little thing called sarcasm.




___________________________________

And here I thought it was because they started losing after I saw them play the Bengals!


Steelerchad sounded pretty serious to me, are you sure he was being sarcastic?
SteelBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Borski's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Steelers Country, FL
Posts: 1,947
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBaller View Post
Steelerchad sounded pretty serious to me, are you sure he was being sarcastic?
yeah, I'm pretty sure he was.

Regardless, why yell shut up at him?
__________________
Free Rice - Have fun and help out.
Borski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #8
Atranox
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 69
Member Number: 15471
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBaller View Post
Shut up you superstitious fool
Are you new to the internet?
Atranox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #9
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

No, I'll take the blame for this one. I wore my Polamalu jersey three times this year, and every time, he got injured.

Yesterday, I figured since he wouldn't be playing, there was no way for him to get injured again, so maybe I could get away with wearing it without doing any harm.

Nope. Bad mistake.

I really should just burn the damn thing at the end of the season, or give it to some kid. It was a crappy knock-off jersey anyway.
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
SteelBaller
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 63
Member Number: 15508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: This mess is my fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atranox View Post
Are you new to the internet?



I really don't think it's sarcasm, he might be joking but that's not the same as being sarcastic.

Superstitions are foolish. Steelerchad's season tickets aren't to blame, and neither is steelreserve's Polamalu jersey, so
SHUT UP YOU SUPERSTITIOUS FOOLS!!!
SteelBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts