Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
redundantman
Water Boy

Member Number: 2354
Default Redundant Thoughts Week 14 @ Browns

1. For those of you who like reading these posts I apologize for last week. I didn’t have the heart to watch the game much less think about it.

2. I feared the Steelers would lose this game. I told people they would flat out lose this game. So I was prepared for the loss but I was not prepared for what actually happened. I did not expect the Browns to take it from them.

3. Yesterday afternoon I went to the dentist and had an old cavity excavated to find out I will need my first ever root canal. After last night I am sort of looking forward to it.

4. Actually I exaggerate … I only watched the last quarter last night. I had a conflicting engagement so I set my machine to record (a VCR for those of you who recall the good old days) and attended to business. I got home in time to see the Steelers trailing in the fourth. I watched until their final drive … Ben got sacked to bring about a 3rd and 19 … I walked away from the TV so I could talk to my girls before they went to bed. There was no point in watching the rest of it.

5. Like many of you I’ve been trolling Steelers message boards since the days of newsgroups … alt.fan.pittsburgh.steelers and all that.

6. It seems to me (and experience bears it out) that there are a subset of posts that you see every year. There are the foolishly optimistic 16-0 posts. There are always the posts criticizing the coach (if Jesus Himself coached the Steelers people would post on message boards about how much He sucks). There is the never-ending draft talk. And thread topics can often indicate the way the season is going. You know the season is over when you start seeing the “Ok, if we run the table” posts. We’ve been seeing them for a couple of weeks now.

7. You have to appreciate the optimism. The Steelers get beat by the Chiefs, the Raiders and the Browns and people will still talk about how the Steelers can make the playoffs. Well kids …

8. The biggest two factors in Steelers loses: Special teams and the lack of plays from the defense.

9. The biggest weaknesses of this team? That’s obvious. You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a commentator pontificating on the topic: O-line and secondary. I find it difficult to argue with that assessment.

10. Mathematically the Steelers are “still in the hunt” for the playoffs. Unfortunately for them the Steelers are “in the hunt” in the sense that they are the one yelling “rabbit season” to their opponents “duck season”.

11. Seriously, who is not laughing at the Super Bowl champs right now?

12. It is said that you are who you are when you are under pressure and facing adversity. For those paying attention we will learn much about the Steelers over the next however many games.

13. Should the Steelers maintain this impressive free-fall they will repeat the record that enabled them to draft Ben Roethlisberger.

14. Seriously, we are watching a historic skid … it is happening right now. Years from now we’ll be sitting with our great grandkids and after we have them pull our finger we’ll tell them about the “Great Skid of Aught-nine” and how we eventually appeased the football gods by tieing onions to our belts.

15. Gadzooks. Great googly-moogly etc.

Last edited by redundantman; 12-11-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Image problems
redundantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:41 AM   #2
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796
Default Re: Redundant Thoughts Week 14 @ Browns

I had a root canal about 2 months ago. It wasn't as bad as watching this season.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 PM   #3
redundantman
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoJon View Post
I had a root canal about 2 months ago. It wasn't as bad as watching this season.
Sweet, sweet escape from this awful season.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

The avatar of the administrator at "that other board"...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
redundantman
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
The avatar of the administrator at "that other board"...

appropriate.