Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 12-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #1
SteelC7
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14419
Default its funny what a loss to the browns will do

i love it, all of u who were talkin crap to me wen i posted a thread saying "wat do u guys think about next year" i caught alot of crap for that...but now, those same ppl are all talkin about next year, i love the flipflopping that happens in this place, its so fun to hear wat these guys have to say now compared to 3 days ago
SteelC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: its funny wat a loss to the browns will do

Before Thursday's game WAS too early to write off the season. Being one game out of the wild card with four to go is not a death sentence. But it IS when you're two games out with three to play, and losing most of the tiebreakers. Giving up before was being pretty cynical. Now, it's just a mathematical reality.

When you first posted that, we still had a legitimate shot at the playoffs by winning four games. I don't see what's wrong with believeing in that, or at least hoping for it. Now, we're eliminated by all but the thinnest of technicalities.

season
Old 12-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Before Thursday's game WAS too early to write off the season. Being one game out of the wild card with four to go is not a death sentence. But it IS when you're two games out with three to play, and losing most of the tiebreakers. Giving up before was being pretty cynical. Now, it's just a mathematical reality.

When you first posted that, we still had a legitimate shot at the playoffs by winning four games. I don't see what's wrong with believeing in that, or at least hoping for it. Now, we're eliminated by all but the thinnest of technicalities.

season
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
SteelBaller
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15508

Well SteelC7 was just talking about next year because he understood that the Steelers weren't going to be able to win 4 games in a row. Some of you are just jerks and think that someone who has that opinion isn't a real fan. After losing to the Chiefs and the Raiders, many of us were pretty comfortable saying it was over. It just took a loss to the Browns to convince the more stubborn ones.
SteelBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelC7 View Post
i love it, all of u who were talkin crap to me wen i posted a thread saying "wat do u guys think about next year" i caught alot of crap for that...but now, those same ppl are all talkin about next year, i love the flipflopping that happens in this place, its so fun to hear wat these guys have to say now compared to 3 days ago

so you're making a thread about how satisfying and hilarious it is that u proved everyone wrong. Want a pat on the back?
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #6
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post

season
I agree with you. That's what FANS do. As bleak as it looked I still held out hope. But last night pretty much unplugged the light at the end of the tunnel.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBaller View Post
Well SteelC7 was just talking about next year because he understood that the Steelers weren't going to be able to win 4 games in a row. Some of you are just jerks and think that someone who has that opinion isn't a real fan. After losing to the Chiefs and the Raiders, many of us were pretty comfortable saying it was over. It just took a loss to the Browns to convince the more stubborn ones.
Being cynical doesn't mean you're not a "real fan." It just means you're being cynical. Criticism is part of being a fan. I just think giving up on the season early, and telling the rest of us that there's nothing left to root for, doesn't do anything except spread a sour mood around.

Just seems kind of silly to me to be forecasting something where if it you're right, the outcome sucks for you. Like, I know we're going to lose some games, but I won't go into any one game predicting a loss.

Even though the cynics turned out to be correct in this case, I don't think anyone can be faulted for wanting to see proof before joining them. Saying "you're not a real fan" is going too far, but "hey, jerkoff, save it until we're actually eliminated" I completely understand.
Old 12-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #8
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Still wore my Steelers jacket and Shirt to work today with pride! I know it sucks complete donkey balls to lose the way we have but they will be laying me to rest in my Lambert Jersey or I am going to haunt the shit out of someone.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #9
Christian Snyder
Team Captain

Member Number: 14544

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
so you're making a thread about how satisfying and hilarious it is that u proved everyone wrong. Want a pat on the back?
He also wants a cookie.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #10
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfreak58 View Post
Still wore my Steelers jacket and Shirt to work today with pride! I know it sucks complete donkey balls to lose the way we have but they will be laying me to rest in my Lambert Jersey or I am going to haunt the shit out of someone.
I celebrate their triumphs and I bleed with them in their losses.

I was born a Steelers fan. I will die a Steelers fan.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote