Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Welcome to Browns nation...er what?

Sure was surprised.

Logged in this morning and I could have SWORE I was reading the Browns board or the Bengals board at the end of a season.

Guess this fanbase really is no better than any others...

Sad thing is, it is actually reminding me more of a NY or Philly fanbase than an Ohio Fanbase.

The only thing that has shamed me more than this team over the last 24 hours....is the fanbase making the Browns, Bengals, and Philly fans look good.

--- Tomlin was hired only because of the Rooney Rule?

--- Whiz is such a better coach than Tomlin (guess he wasn't in the SB).

--- Ben holds on to the ball too long (oh, except when he throws a SB winning pass).

--- Timmons sucks (except that he was one of the better players last night).

Thank God Carey Davis didn't get a ball thrown to him... he'd be the cause of it all.... oh wait.. I sorry, that would be Willie P. Its all his fault. Oh wait, no no, it would be the false start penalties on Colon... Oh wait no, its all Mahan's fault, oh snap, he's not on the team... its all blah blah blah.

This board and steelers nation in general is sounding like a bunch of spoiled rich kids who's teacher took away their favorite toy. "When my daddy finds out, YOUR GOING TO BE FIRED".

Seriously.

Well... I guess I am probably the most unpopular person on this board right now....
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Re: Welcome to Browns nation...er what?

Perhaps some of us have grown tired of being preached at.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Perhaps some of us have grown tired of being preached at.
SO I can't share my opinion?

Sorry. I think it is hilarious that people are acting worse than browns fans or Philly fans.... yet think we are the cream of the fandom crop.

If that hurts, oh well.

Or is my opinion not allowed.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931

It's just not the way you would expect a Steeler team to defend a Super Bowl Championship. They have the talent, but lost the mental game this season.

Looks like Harrison trying to be remain introverted and allowing his play to speak for him, but being thrust into a leadership role due to Troy's injury- has left the team in a bind. It is not Harrison's fault, he showed up to play this season, but you can deduce that Harrison is like a sledge hammer. Troy is like a razor and is a football genuis.

I am not jumping on the Browns' bandwagon, but they do have a one game winning streak!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Nah not really preach you are well liked by some, but that number is shrinking ( )

i am embarrassed byt he way the steelers have been playing, but the truth is i am more embarrassed at how steeler nation has been taking this. I always thought we as a fan base was above this petty crap. Yes we are having a down year, but i thought we ALL knew that it wouldnt last years, but the way some are acting you would think that we are in total rebuild mode and are gonna be bottom feeders for years. even if we go 6-10 there are teams and their fans who wished at the start of this season how GREAT a 6-10 season would be.

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
It's just not the way you would expect a Steeler team to defend a Super Bowl Championship. They have the talent, but lost the mental game this season.

Looks like Harrison trying to be remain introverted and allowing his play to speak for him, but being thrust into a leadership role due to Troy's injury- has left the team in a bind. It is not Harrison's fault, he showed up to play this season, but you can deduce that Harrison is like a sledge hammer. Troy is like a razor and is a football genuis.

I am not jumping on the Browns' bandwagon, but they do have a one game winning streak!

And your assessment is dead on.

Shame some others can't do that... instead of saying we hired Tomlin because he was black. What a load of ignorance that is.

EDIT: The person who made the remark about Tomlin apologized, for the record.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsdancefloor View Post
Nah not really preach you are well liked by some, but that number is shrinking ( )

i am embarrassed byt he way the steelers have been playing, but the truth is i am more embarrassed at how steeler nation has been taking this. I always thought we as a fan base was above this petty crap. Yes we are having a down year, but i thought we ALL knew that it wouldnt last years, but the way some are acting you would think that we are in total rebuild mode and are gonna be bottom feeders for years. even if we go 6-10 there are teams and their fans who wished at the start of this season how GREAT a 6-10 season would be.
There have been people that have literally SAID that on here today.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #8
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghsucks View Post
HERE WE GO BROWNIES HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a choke! The Browns healthy defense gave up 38 points to Detroit but a roster of 2nd stringers held the "great almighty" pittsburgh steelers to 6 points and sacked ben rapistberger 8 times. See what happens when ur team doesnt get every call from the refs, you stink. Pittsburgh sucks, Cleveland Rocks, and victory is so, so sweet
go ahead pound your chest your team played lights out. but the only way Cleveland rocks is in failure

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote