Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default NFL analyst 'dead wrong' on Steelers

View From The Press Box
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29

NFL analyst 'dead wrong' on Steelers
December 11th, 2009

To Steelers fans who are distraught following another mind-boggling loss, you are not the only ones taking the nosedive of an alleged Super Bowl contender personally.

“I’m frustrated because I take great pride in how I study and what I look for and trying to be ahead of the curve and I was dead wrong on them,” former NFL quarterback and ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer said today. “At 6-2, I thought they were going to be one of those 12-4 football teams and they lose a couple, no big deal. Even last week at 6-6, OK they’re going to be 10-6, they’re going to go into the playoffs hot and they’re going to be one of the teams we’re talking about later in January but obviously I was wrong.”

Welcome to the club, Trent.

It is unfathomable how far this team has fallen since a 28-10 win at Denver on Nov. 9.

I’d point out that when all seemed lost in 2006 following a 2-6 start, almost everything broke the Steelers’ way at the end of the season as far as other teams losing — and that the same thing could happen over the next month.

But the Steelers need to win out to have any hope of sneaking into the playoffs — and right now they probably couldn’t beat the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

“We can’t even worry about playoffs until we win a game,” veteran cornerback Deshea Townsend said.

For that to happen before the 2010 season, the Steelers need to show some of the fire that Casey Hampton displayed following their 13-6 loss in Cleveland Thursday night.

“I’m tired of this (expletive),” the veteran nose tackle said. “We’re too good to be losing these types of games, to these types of teams. You can say there’s parity and (expletive), that you can lose to anybody, man that’s ridiculous. It’s embarrassing.”

We should see in the coming weeks whether Hampton's teammates feel the same way.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default Re: NFL analyst 'dead wrong' on Steelers

RIGHT ON BIG SNACK! THAT IS THE WAY IT IS!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,063 Times in 945 Posts

It's a shame players waited until we were out of the playoffs to get pissed off and fired up.....

When we lost yesterday I just shrugged. The loss did not surprise me.

If they weren't fired up and pissed off, why should I be?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Location: where all the cute men are(especially the one in my avatar)
Member Number: 4435

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
It's a shame players waited until we were out of the playoffs to get pissed off and fired up.....

When we lost yesterday I just shrugged. The loss did not surprise me.

If they weren't fired up and pissed off, why should I be?
you are absolutely right.. where was this after the bengal loss or even the KC loss?

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
TackleMeBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackleMeBen View Post
you are absolutely right.. where was this after the bengal loss or even the KC loss?
Definitely should have been said and showed up after the second loss to the Bungles. NO WAY should we have lost to them at home. The rest well I am getting sick of talking about...
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
johnnyribcage
Water Boy

Member Number: 15561

Quote:
Exactly. I was madder than hell for awhile, but then I realized no one on the team really gave a damn, so I kind of sat back by the time Thursday rolled around. I figured the Steelers would win, I thought there was some pride, some passion left, but I tempered that thought with the idea that I hadn't seen anything to make me think they would win. After five or ten minutes, I knew we were finished.

As far as Dilfer and the rest of us are concerned, logic is out the window when a team fractures, gives up, and no longer believes in their coaches or themselves. As much as it pains me to say this (or maybe not, I can only be upset for so long before I find something else to fill the gap that usually takes up my December emotions), the Steelers are a team of losers, top to bottom, not champions. There are maybe three or four guys on that roster acting like champions. Ward knew what was at stake. He went out gimpy and tried.

Superbowl hangover times a thousand, and the team currently belongs to Ben and BA, not Tomlin. BA needs to go super-pronto, and Z needs to follow his incompetent ass right out the door and I hope it hits both of them on the way out.
johnnyribcage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 PM   #7
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Superbowl hangover times a thousand, and the team currently belongs to Ben and BA, not Tomlin. BA needs to go super-pronto, and Z needs to follow his incompetent ass right out the door and I hope it hits both of them on the way out.
i dont care what they say, i think this stupid lawsuit is weighing more on ben than he is letting on and its showing in his performancce on the field.

In memory of my brother Michael, who gave me my love of sports. I will miss you!
Old 12-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #8
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
i dont care what they say, i think this stupid lawsuit is weighing more on ben than he is letting on and its showing in his performancce on the field.
Maybe that Reno skank stole Ben's mojo.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
TackleMeBen
Southern Belle
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Maybe that Reno skank stole Ben's mojo.
absolutely believe that she screwed up this season.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,664 Times in 1,152 Posts

same shit...different week...different player....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote