Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-26-2005, 06:35 AM   #21
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: AFCN, who's gonna win it this year?

I have so heard every one of those guys mouthing off before a game, or in press conferences or interviews b/4 the game starts.. so dont even go there. If you havent seen that then you dont know your team do you??

NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY is more respected around the league and in sports period than the Rooneys, so dont EVER come in here talking that kinda shit! Bill did most certainly so credit the Pats for a good game and credited their work ethic and play on the field! What the hell game were u watching!!! He even mentioned it in the Steelers Digest a week later.

Please, comon, you can do better than this my friend

Thats right, we did get beat, but we also beat ourselves too.. U didnt totally run away w/ that game becuase you were awesome and we sucked. We made more than our share of mistakes to help you guys out. But yes, you did win nonetheless. And you did play a great game.

I know u r referring to Porter, in particular in that comment about trash talking b/4 the game.. and yeah, he does trash talk..he's an emotional leader of our team..not every player on our team is like that, but he is, and he backs it up too.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 10:07 AM   #22
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Have you bought your Super Bowl tickets already to?

lolololololololol
03-21-2005, 09:48 PM

First, you came in here looking for a fight, now you got it so don't cry about it now.

Second, the definition of New England football and for that matter, all Boston sports, is a long career of hiding from annual shortcomings, until you win then it is played out with over confidence that you never had any doubts. I'm sure you were posting on boards in 2003 or 85-86 weren't you? But lets get to the point...

This is really about you trying get your team the same respect as San Fran, Dallas and Pittsburgh. Lets face it. We're the big boys on the block. You are little more than the flavor of the month. You don't see the Marlins trying to start stuff with the Yankees. So while you're hot, don't count your eggs before they hatch, because without a another superbowl win, you all are just another OAK, WAS, or GB. Sure you're good, but it still doesn't let you sleep at night.

AS for us counting eggs...We play to win the game. I'm not going to be a Browns fan and come with a post that says we don't have a chance. I'll leave that for people who leave games at the start of the 4th to beat traffic. I have never posted anything that hasn't been realistic. I said we would win our division. I said our record could be good enough to win the conference. I have said we have an aboverage shot at being in Detroit come Feb. So if you can't handle that then you better find another board.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:51 PM   #23
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

ok dude... we shot down all your reasonings... got any more? we're ready? as long as you dont take it personally, you'll be ok. but u know, when you attack the Steelers, you attack ALL of us too.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:01 PM   #24
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Jersey , we need you to come up with a picture of a pats fan and a stains fan , walking away with thier tail between thier legs.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:04 PM   #25
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

with a ratbird fan behind bars in the background
Old 03-26-2005, 03:15 PM   #26
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Talking Re: AFCN, who's gonna win it this year?

Man, you guys are living in a dream world. You think you're a part of the big boys in sports? Have another Rolling Rock. There are only 3 big boys in sports. The N.Y. Yankees, the Montreal Canadians, and the Boston Celtics. The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't even in the honorable mention category. No wonder you guys lose. Football is played on the ground, not in the clouds. Here in Boston you won't find anybody digging up the old Celtic teams and talking trash to NBA teams out there now. While historically they are one of the most storied franchises in all of sport, that was the then. While the Steelers had a momentary blip on the screen, that was even longer ago than one of the Celtics greatest teams, the '85 NBA championship team.

The Steelers: 4 SBs. Over how many years? And the last one was how long ago?

The Patriots: 3 SBs in 4 years

The Celtics: 16 NBA Championships. 11 in 13 years. 8 in a row.

Now I ask you, who is acting more like a football franchise on the way to becoming one of sports big boys?
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 06:33 PM   #27
Brownskikass
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcitychef
That's it? After all the work our leader did in getting you a true level playing field you come back with this piece of crap. Back up your team man, for gosh sakes. Here let me pretend I got hit in the head with something really big(like our four super bowl trophies) and now I'm a Browns fan...

First we are gonna run up and down the North this year. New coach = New attitude. We're cleaning house. No more under preformers. You play hard or go home under Romeo. Next we are getting back the "chosen one". This will immeadialtey help out Taylor in our run game. C) We improved both the run game and defense. Solid choices for winning championships. Andruzzi will be a great blocker. Will make some in Ohio remember days of Munoz(diff team but still showing state pride). Then Stewart and Taylor are just the guys to stuff Bettis, Staley, Johnson, and Lewis. Look out North cause we are going 12-4 and not looking back.

...and I'm back. What happened? Man BKA, you picked a heck of a time to loose your backbone. Its bad when we have to provide your bulletin board material. This is the Blast Furnace. You better bring your A game next time, and put some stank on it. Remember this is a Steelers board first and we got a rep to protetct. So post like you got a pair next time.
Trent Dilfer=No chance

Sorry, I'll try better next time
Old 03-27-2005, 12:19 AM   #28
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

BKA, you're great man. Just don't give up on your team buddy! Just like the commercial, we're all undefeated on opening day. Some of us just get to root for better teams .
Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 AM   #29
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Man, you guys are living in a dream world. You think you're a part of the big boys in sports? Have another Rolling Rock. There are only 3 big boys in sports. The N.Y. Yankees, the Montreal Canadians, and the Boston Celtics. The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't even in the honorable mention category. No wonder you guys lose. Football is played on the ground, not in the clouds. Here in Boston you won't find anybody digging up the old Celtic teams and talking trash to NBA teams out there now. While historically they are one of the most storied franchises in all of sport, that was the then. While the Steelers had a momentary blip on the screen, that was even longer ago than one of the Celtics greatest teams, the '85 NBA championship team.

The Steelers: 4 SBs. Over how many years? And the last one was how long ago?

The Patriots: 3 SBs in 4 years

The Celtics: 16 NBA Championships. 11 in 13 years. 8 in a row.

Now I ask you, who is acting more like a football franchise on the way to becoming one of sports big boys?

How can you NOT call the Steelers part of the big boys.. one of the most respected and winningest franchises in decades, not even counting the 70's. The Steelers have THE biggest worldwide fan base of any NFL team, and nobody travels better than our fans. We play hard, we respect our fans, they respect us, and they follow and cheer us on no matter what, anywhere, anytime. If that aint a big dog, then you need to go back to the snooty coffee shop and sniff a few more latta's my friend.

As far as winning.. 4 SB's is 4 SB's.. period.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:34 AM   #30
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

NE sucker, here it is...

We won four in six, so talk to me once you reach four. Or maybe you'll come crying back after you piss off Brady like you did Brown and send him towards another team and realize you will never have more than three Super Bowls. Plus, even if you win one more, you only tie and damn don't we all know that its just like kissing your sister which I'm sure you know about, and I guess we all know what its like to kiss your sister too...

As for your big boys, I'm talking just football. I wish I could talk Basketball, but unless Dr. J and 'The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh' counts, I really don't have anything. So Consider yourself lucky you get to root for the Celtics. As for the other two, A) they are not of your local demographic. New York? I can't see a Beantown boy rooting for the evil empire. Montreal? Didn't they win when there were only eight teams??? But lets just say that we do include those...then we still have four and you still have three so excuse us while we punch you in the stomach and stteal your lunch money.

As for your 3 in 4. Good for you. Your two asst. coaches are headed into exile. Your head coach is going to get burned out trying to do too much cause his head is becomming too big for that headband thinking he can do two jobs. (Or do you admit that Romeo was a figure head) But do you feel a little envy with Dallas knowing they won 3 in 4 and have options gallore. Sanders, Aikman, Johnson, Irvin all doing tv. Where are your guys? Heck we even have Malone and Hoge in bigger demand than your boys.

Don't get too upset over our remarks, but the Blast Furnace does double as a recovery house for fans of other pitiful teams. We would be glad to look after you in your current mental state.