Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
UltimateBengal
Banned

Member Number: 15469
Default The MMA Thread

Who are your favorite MMA fighters? Who do you think is the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now?

My favorites:

Anderson Silva
Fedor Emelianenko
Lyoto Machida

For my money the Spider is by far the best in the world. Best striker, best on his back, best in fight adjustments.

I would love to see Fedor in the UFC, but it's looking less and less like it's ever going to happen.
UltimateBengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
UltimateBengal
Banned

Default Re: The MMA Thread

Anyone heard if Lesnar is gonna fight again?
Old 12-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

Urijah Faber
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 02:42 AM   #4
steelergirl07
Bench Warmer

Location: Original Hawaii girl, now living in Seahawks country
Member Number: 6622

I think Lesnar will fight again, just not anytime soon. I figure they're going to have fights to determine the interim champ soon.

My fave fighters are BJ Penn & Robbie Lawler.

I think P4P best fighters are probably Fedor & BJ. BJ at LHW is unstoppable, and I haven't seen anyone come close to taking out Fedor.

I liked tonights card. Only one fight went to decision on the main card. And BJ f'd up Diego, loved it!!!

Six time Super Bowl Champions!!!
steelergirl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 05:13 AM   #5
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642

My brother went to high school with and was on the wrestling team with the "muscle shark" sean sherk.So he would have to be one of my favorites as he is from what was my hometown.And from my home state as so is another one of my favorites- brock lesnar.So i guess i am a homer.Me and my brother just met brock at a signing he did right after he "ktfo" frank mirs.And he was really nice and talked to both me and him.And even though the rules said he would not personalized he had no problem with doing it when i asked him.I am sad to hear what has happen to him as i think he could be champ for awhile as there is noone in the ufc right now that could beat him.Even if he cant fight anymore i just hope he gets better.It was big news here in minnesota but have not heard anything more about it.And sherk has not been the same fighter since blow job penn beat him.And my all time favorite is none other than the "huntington beach bad boy" himself-tito ortiz.And i am not just saying that because i happen to be friends with his wife.As he has been my favorite long before they met.I have liked him ever since i first saw him fight.Which was years ago.I love seeing him back but he sure ran out of gas in that first fight back vs forrest "the puching bag" griffen.And now tito is fighting liddell again.Like anyone needs to see a 3rd fight in that series.Just like i hope they don'nt do a 3rd griffen fight with tito.
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #6
Northside Jonny
Team Captain

Member Number: 5141

Pound 4 pound it is no question it's Anderson. If Fedor would come to the UFC and dominate I might lean his way.

Favorite fighter of all time. MATT HUGHES
Old 02-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
UltimateBengal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside Jonny View Post
Pound 4 pound it is no question it's Anderson. If Fedor would come to the UFC and dominate I might lean his way.

Favorite fighter of all time. MATT HUGHES
I really liked Hughes too. He was just a tough, no nonsense sob! I hope Fedor will come to the UFC eventually.