Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597
Default Schefter on Countdown reports changes coming..

..Special teams coach Ligashesky (definitely) and possibly Arians out at seasons end...

And the angels sang................
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #2
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045
Default Re: Scheffter on Countdown reports changes coming..

Really?Im sure we'll hear more about it later if its true.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Jan. 4, 2010 circled on my calendar.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #4
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

why wait? seriously...make the effing change now, promote the assistance behind each up one notch on a "interim" (probably not spell right, but I never did consider my self brilliant) and then move on.

if you're going to make a change, just do it now. why make us suffer with doubt.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
why wait? seriously...make the effing change now, promote the assistance behind each up one notch on a "interim" (probably not spell right, but I never did consider my self brilliant) and then move on.

if you're going to make a change, just do it now. why make us suffer with doubt.
We wouldn't be Steelers fans without a little bit of suffering. Even last year, I lost count of the my own cardiac arrests.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofGridiron View Post
..Special teams coach Ligashesky (definitely) and possibly Arians out at seasons end...

And the angels sang................
that's a given. dont need an analyst to tell u that
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Breaking News: Coaching Changes Coming For Pittsburgh Steelers!
Nick Signorelli
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...burgh-steelers

How does a team that wins the Super Bowl, and returns 20 of 22 starters, fall to 6-7? The players on the field have already proven they have the ability to win it all, so in my opinion, it has to come down to coaching.

Apparently, the Steelers think the same way that I do.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reported today that there are changes coming to the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Special Team coach Bob Ligashesky will be released at the end of the season. The Steelers special teams have been anything BUT special this season, allowing huge kick off returns against the Browns, Vikings, Chiefs, and numerous times, the special teams have allowed players to get close on punts as well.

Bruce Arians is also in a good deal of trouble, according to Schefter. The Steelers will be either demoting or firing him at the end of the season.

Arians has become one of the most predictable coordinators in the NFL, failing more than he succeeds. Too many times the Steelers are unable to punch the ball into the end zone once they reach the red zone.

With all the weapons on offense, this Steelers team should be one of the most high scoring units in the history of the Steelers.

In addition, offensive line coach Larry Zierlein will also be released at the end of the season.

The good news, per Schefter, is that Steelers Director of Player Personnel Kevin Colbert will not be leaving the Steelers, even if Bill Cowher returns to the side lines of another team.

It has been long rumored that once Cowher comes back to the NFL, Colbert would be the first person to join him with his new club. Speaking with people close to Colbert, they say that it is not so.

According to sources, Colbert has more loyalty to the Rooney family and the Steelers than he does to Cowher, and that even if Cowher comes back, Colbert plans on staying with the Steelers.

(Note the flake Florio is reporting the exact opposite that Colbert will leave if Cowher comes back. I won't post it because I think Florio is an ignorant tool. - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Shoes
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 6382

Thanks Mesa.
Shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Hope it's true about Colbert. We still need some constant in the middle of the changes.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Source: Steelers staff on shaky ground
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/s...e=NFLHeadlines
ESPN.com news services
Changes Coming In Pittsburgh?

After five straight losses that have derailed their season, the Pittsburgh Steelers coaching staff is expected to undergo a considerable makeover this offseason, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Changes are expected with Pittsburgh's special teams coach Bob Ligashesky, amongst others.

Other coaches that could be in trouble in Pittsburgh include offensive coordinator Bruce Arians and offensive line coach Larry Zierlein.

Only one other Super Bowl champion lost five in a row the following season, and the 1987 Giants deserve an asterisk because they used replacement players during part of that strike-interrupted season.

What most troubles the Steelers is who is beating them.

A year ago, the Steelers survived one of the toughest schedules in NFL history to win their sixth Super Bowl, facing the Eagles, Ravens (twice), Chargers, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Patriots and Titans during the season.

This season, their losses to the Browns (1-11 at the time), the Chiefs (2-7 at the time) and Raiders (3-8 at the time) rank as three of the biggest upsets in the NFL all year.

The Browns were last in the NFL in total defense and were playing without five injured starters -- in essence, they were using their replacement team -- yet they held the Steelers without a touchdown and sacked Ben Roethlisberger eight times.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

(Note a good discussion goes with this report. Check the link for the video it's worth watching. The comment I liked was "It's hard to impose your will" when you pass all the time and "If you don't run the ball you can't be a tough, physical team". - mesa)
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote