Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-14-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Polamalu hopes to play at least one game for Steelers

Polamalu hopes to play at least one game for Steelers
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...s_657709.html#
By The Associated Press

Monday, December 14, 2009

Troy Polamalu hopes to play at least one more game this season, even though the slumping Pittsburgh Steelers have only a slim chance of making the playoffs.

Polamalu has missed eight games and most of two others with a pair of ligament injuries in his left knee. He hasn't played since the opening series against Cincinnati on Nov. 15 and probably won't play against Green Bay on Sunday, when the Steelers (6-7) will try to end a five-game losing streak.

The five-time Pro Bowl safety said Monday he wants to return "at least" for the regular season finale at Miami on Jan. 3, even if the game is meaningless to Pittsburgh. The Steelers also play Dec. 27 against Baltimore.

"Why not?" said Polamalu, who is wearing a large, protective brace on the knee. "I'm a football player. I'm not a coach, I'm not a cheerleader. What I love to do is play football and be out there with my brothers. That's why. It's always been irrelevant for me whether or not we go to the Super Bowl or playoffs. It's something I enjoy."

Asked last week what it would take to play again this season, Polamalu said, "A whole lot of healing (in the knee). A whole lot of prayers."

Losing one of the NFL's best defensive players has significantly affected the Super Bowl champion Steelers. They are 4-0 when Polamalu is on the field for at least one quarter - beating Tennessee, Minnesota and Denver - but 2-7 when he is out or plays only a handful of downs, as he did against Cincinnati.

Polamalu, who helped lead Pittsburgh to its second Super Bowl victory in four seasons in February, missed the Steelers' second through fifth games with a sprained anterior cruciate ligament. He sat out the last four games with a sprained posterior cruciate ligament that was initially expected to be less severe than his earlier injury.

As the offseason approaches - one that is likely to arrive much sooner than the Steelers anticipated when they were 6-2 - Polamalu is looking for more off-field work.

Polamalu has signed with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, looking to expand on the commercial work he's already done for Head and Shoulders, EA Sports, Nike and Coca-Cola. He also hopes to do some television work.

"It's a lot tougher than it looks. It's hard for me to come out of my shell in the first place," said Polamalu, who speaks softly and is known for his lack of ego and pretentiousness. "It's just not you and the camera, it's you and the 50 people behind the camera. Not only that, it's long hours just to do a little commercial, it takes a lot of time."

The Associated Press can be reached at or .
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
AllD
Team Owner

Member Number: 11931
Default Re: Polamalu hopes to play at least one game for Steelers

He can come down to Miami and shoot on South Beach. The ropa veija and pollo milenasa are pretty good too.

Last edited by AllD; 12-14-2009 at 05:22 PM.
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
WH

Member Number:

I would prefer he comes back for all three, or none at all. If he can't contribute in Green Bay and the Steelers lose, there is no point of risking reaggrivation, especially since the Steelers will be out of playoff contention.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #4
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Polamalu likely out again this week
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...09.html?feed=9
By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, December 14, 2009

Troy Polamalu conceded today that he might not be healthy enough to play again until the Steelers' regular-season finale on Jan. 3.

The All-Pro safety said he will play when he gets medical clearance to do so, even if the Steelers are out of playoff contention. Polamalu has been out since straining the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) in his left knee on Nov. 15.

"I'm a football player. I'm not a coach. I'm not a cheerleader," Polamalu said. "What I love to do is play football and to be out there with my brothers."

Polamalu had sustained two injuries to his left knee this season, and they have limited the five-time Pro Bowler to five games.

He leads the Steelers with three interceptions.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #5
HowBoutThemSteelers
Water Boy

Member Number: 15583

Troy if your reading this........... SIT YOUR ASS ON THE BENCH......... THE ONLY WAY YOU PLAY THE LAST GAME OF THE SEASON IS IF WE HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE OF IT.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
WH

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post

He leads the Steelers with three interceptions.
saddest stat i have ever seen ever.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557

While I applaud and appreciate the effort, what would be the point in Troy playing the last game. Even if the Steelers beat Green Bay and the Ratbirds there would still be so much that has to happen for them to make the playoffs that the odds are against it. He needs to get completely healthy for next year.
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #8
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineshard View Post
saddest stat i have ever seen ever.
And he has barely played
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 3,279 Times in 1,290 Posts

If he can only play one game, he should just sit it out and not risk further injury to that knee. Get ready for next year!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

Put him back on the barbells pumping iron - no more weak fancy pants underwater ballet crap.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote