Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648
Default GET TOBY GERHART AND GET HIM NOW!!

Y'all...I'm serious! It may be a looongshot, considering how close he was to winning the Heisman. But we need this guy yesterday! Strong, big bruiser with good footwork and can block!

FO...do NOT let him get away!! PLEASE!

(rant over)
Old 12-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045
Default Re: GET TOBY GERHART AND GET HIM NOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
Y'all...I'm serious! It may be a looongshot, considering how close he was to winning the Heisman. But we need this guy yesterday! Strong, big bruiser with good footwork and can block!

FO...do NOT let him get away!! PLEASE!

(rant over)
Eh, idk about that, we have mendy and moore so to use him at RB seems a little dumb to me even more so if FWP should come back (not saying he is)

Can Gerhart play Full Back? Hed be one of the most versatile fullbacks in the league and he could be a good lead blocker im sure and also have run/catch ability....now that would be awesome imo and it is just a thought

With all that being said i think we need to go D with the first pick.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Watch him fall to the middle of the 3rd round pretty much around where the steelers will be drafting.

He will have similar draft stock to Brian Leonard from a few drafts past. I would take a run at him in the 3rd round
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadroj 20 View Post
Eh, idk about that, we have mendy and moore so to use him at RB seems a little dumb to me even more so if FWP should come back (not saying he is)

Can Gerhart play Full Back? Hed be one of the most versatile fullbacks in the league and he could be a good lead blocker im sure and also have run/catch ability....now that would be awesome imo and it is just a thought

With all that being said i think we need to go D with the first pick.
I understand your point, but the reasoning behind my "pimping" Gerhart is his "old school" toughness. I don't think we've had that in our running game for some time. I just think he can serve a lot of purposes for us.

But I also agree we need some help in the D, especially the secondary....definitely time to clean house there!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
I understand your point, but the reasoning behind my "pimping" Gerhart is his "old school" toughness. I don't think we've had that in our running game for some time. I just think he can serve a lot of purposes for us.

But I also agree we need some help in the D, especially the secondary....definitely time to clean house there!
Ahhhhhh...an "old-school" steelers-chick!!! You rock!! I still long for the days when we punished defenses...they KNEW we were going to run it up the gut..and we STILL did it!!!

That being said..I DO think we will draft a Rb...but I think we will wait until the later rounds to either take a small school project or a Rb that may need a year or two to learn a playbook and get some weight room work.

I am (at this time) projected a Tennessee product as our 1st round pick. NT Dan Williams is a high character...high motor prospect that would look great beside Ziggy for the next 4 years!!!!
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Ahhhhhh...an "old-school" steelers-chick!!! You rock!! Aww thank ya, darlin' I still long for the days when we punished defenses...they KNEW we were going to run it up the gut..and we STILL did it!!!

That being said..I DO think we will draft a Rb...but I think we will wait until the later rounds to either take a small school project or a Rb that may need a year or two to learn a playbook and get some weight room work.

I am (at this time) projected a Tennessee product as our 1st round pick. NT Dan Williams is a high character...high motor prospect that would look great beside Ziggy for the next 4 years!!!!
Yeah, I admit Williams is good (I hate to say about anybody from UT...ugh), but if we get a defensive player in the 1st round I say get a DB who can give Troy some help...who is not afraid to wrestle somebody for a ball to get a pick!
Old 12-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Yeah, I admit Williams is good (I hate to say about anybody from UT...ugh), but if we get a defensive player in the 1st round I say get a DB who can give Troy some help...who is not afraid to wrestle somebody for a ball to get a pick!
You may get your wish if for some reason Haden or one of the top safety's are there. As far as Gerhart is concerned, I have not been able to watch him this year, but he does sound good. However I too think we go after a RB later on in the draft, much later than Gerhart will be going.

But you never know, there is alway hope till someone else takes him.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
You may get your wish if for some reason Haden or one of the top safety's are there. As far as Gerhart is concerned, I have not been able to watch him this year, but he does sound good. However I too think we go after a RB later on in the draft, much later than Gerhart will be going.

But you never know, there is alway hope till someone else takes him.
Think of a guy like Urlacker as a running back. That's almost close.

He is a bruiser, but is also an upright runner. I'd consider him depending on the others options in the 3rd, but a RB is almost a novelty pick for us. I agree with LLT that we will probably go with a late round, small school project.

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I remember another highly touted white Stanford RB..."Touchdown" Tommy Vardell.

He sells annuities now, and collects oriental rugs.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #10
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

We have pressing needs at DB and DL and a depth issue at ILB, RB is not our top priority. Plus teams can usually find a RB in the later rounds anyway. I would wait until addressing all our other needs 1st.
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote