Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers Wallace: We need to finish and not give games away

Steelers Wallace: We need to finish and not give games away
December 15, 10:03 AMPittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pitts...ive-games-away

Football is supposed to be fun and for the most part the last decade in Pittsburgh always had high expectations with it.

The 2009 season is different, and although the Steelers are still in the playoff picture, most thoughts are of the offseason and what will happen.

Already this week, ESPN has reported that three Steeler assistant coaches’ heads are on the potential chopping block, although nothing is etched in stone from the organization.

There are also some rumors circulating that the two key front office guys, Kevin Colbert and Omar Khan could be leaving for wherever Bill Cowher ends up.

But one thing is certain. The five game losing spiral is the worst since 1988 and with the Packers in town on Sunday; a sixth could be on the table if the Steelers can't find a way to play four quarters of football.

"You have to dig deep, that's what we have to do, we can't give up, we have to find a way to win," rookie wide receiver Mike Wallace said. "We have a lot of big time players on our team; we just have to find a way to finish. That's pretty much all I can tell you."

Wallace may be a first year player, but in his short time has become a stalwart in the Steelers offensive scheme. He had just two receptions for 11 yards in the loss to the Browns on Thursday, but has 530 yards and three touchdowns his rookie campaign.

Asked about the current situation the Steelers are in, Wallace spoke like a veteran saying that while he had been in situations like this in the past, it is much different wearing the black and gold.

"There were times the expectations were high in college, but this is by far the biggest expectation I have ever been in, the expectations of trying to win the Super Bowl again,' he said.”We play good for three quarters and have given it away at the end of the game. We just have to finish and make plays when they come to us."

There has been talk that a number of Steeler players have packed it in for the season, while other reports have the locker being full of discontent. Wallace disagrees with both those notions.

"We have a unified team, we win a game together and lose a game together, so there is no finger pointing here," Wallace said. “We know what kind of people we have in this lockeroom and we aren't going to give up."

Still losing to the lowly Browns is a difficult pill to swallow. The Steelers controlled their playoff destiny heading into the game, but now it’s in others hands. Wallace says it was a tough loss as is the current losing streak. But he added there is no time to think about it.

"The game is over, we can't think about it and keep dwelling upon it," he said. "We have a game on Sunday and we have to get ready to go and play the Packers."
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 04:55 AM   #2
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,953 Times in 1,659 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Steelers Wallace: We need to finish and not give games away

I just love this kid he is going to be something special for the Steelers. He should even be better next year, I think we have found our replacement when Ward retires.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
T.Richardson
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 10617

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post

"The game is over, we can't think about it and keep dwelling upon it," he said. "We have a game on Sunday and we have to get ready to go and play the Packers."
hmm..no one has gotten the memo on this board.. here let me bold it, and re size it.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Richardson View Post
hmm..no one has gotten the memo on this board.. here let me bold it, and re size it.
Yeah and they've been giving that lip service since the loss to the bungals, then the chiefs, then the ravens, then the raiders, and now the clowns. THEY HAVEN'T MOVED ON! That's the problem. Until they can get rid of it, it's all lip service and isn't relevant. It's relevant when they can move past the last 5 games and put it out on the field.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

Good for Wallace, I really like mikey.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote