Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Hayeksheroes
Banned

Member Number: 15387
Default How hard do you have to work to lose the Chiefs, Browns and Raiders?

Safety Ryan Clark, one of the team's leading spokesmen, upbraided the local media for its coverage during the team's five-game losing streak. He also called out fans, saying they do not "understand" how hard the players work.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09350...#ixzz0ZtiNgIPs

What a moron? No class. Don't call out the fans. The Steelers are the best fans in the world, you overpaid prissy. We you puke all over the field against the the most pathetic teams in the NFL, you bet we are going to call you out.

Do you know how hard the average fan has to work to pay for a game ticket, direct tv and your salary?

I can put up with a lot. But this spoiled rotten millionaire needs to strap his chin strap, put in his mouth piece and shut his pie hole.
Hayeksheroes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:03 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: How hard do you have to work to lose the Chiefs, Browns and Raiders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayeksheroes View Post
Safety Ryan Clark, one of the team's leading spokesmen, upbraided the local media for its coverage during the team's five-game losing streak. He also called out fans, saying they do not "understand" how hard the players work.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09350...#ixzz0ZtiNgIPs

What a moron? No class. Don't call out the fans. The Steelers are the best fans in the world, you overpaid prissy. We you puke all over the field against the the most pathetic teams in the NFL, you bet we are going to call you out.

Do you know how hard the average fan has to work to pay for a game ticket, direct tv and your salary?

I can put up with a lot. But this spoiled rotten millionaire needs to strap his chin strap, put in his mouth piece and shut his pie hole.
I agree. Clark is a big mouth who rubs me the wrong way. He's done it more than once and for some reason I don't like it. The Detroit Lions work hard too. Whoopty Dooh, obviously hard work doesn't mean jack shit when winning football games now does it? MAKING PLAYS IS.

I give these athletes all the credit in the world, and we understand and appreciate them for doing what they do and risk injury on the field. Little does he know, is that he is getting paid millions of dollars to respect the fans who spend their even hard earned money into seeing his piss poor play on the field on Sunday's. The fans will be fans, regardless of hard work, we are going to give it to them when they SUCK.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: How hard do you have to work to lose the Chiefs, Browns and Raiders?

I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. He's frustrated, just like many players and fans are...but unlike the fans, he's not on the outside of the situation looking in.

IMO if you read the WHOLE article, it sounds like he's just responding to some hate mail he's gotten. He actually did give props to most of the fans.

Quote:
"We have passionate fans, and I love playing in Pittsburgh. You know, I've never been in a place that cares more about their sports, their heroes . . . I love playing here. That one fan or those 10 fans doesn't discount the whole Steeler Nation."
Quote:
"I'm not upset with the guy. I don't want to go to his house or fight him. That's his opinion and that's how he feels. I don't know what he does for a living. Whether he's an accountant. I can't go talk to him about how he crunches numbers. I can't go talk to him about how he teaches his class and things like that."
He's got a point there.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #4
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

Quote:
"You watch the Eagles, you watch the big plays. You watch things given up. And I started checking other media outlets. You don't hear the things about them in their media that you hear about us. So either we're held to a higher standard or the people that write about us are turds.
No the reason the media criticizes the Steelers and not the Eagles is because the Eagles are 9-4, 1st place in the NFC East,and on a 4 game winning streak instead of 6-7, on a 5 game losing streak losing to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Clowns.

Quote:
"We're still the fourth-ranked defense in the NFL," Clark noted. "And I think it's becoming increasingly more evident that we are held to a different standard, which is OK."
That's mainly due to the #1 rushing defense in the NFL. The pass D is only 13th in the NFL is tied for 12th in giving up 40+ yard plays, and is tied for 27th in the NFL in interceptions with 8, 3 of them by Polamalu who started in 5 games.

Maybe Clark should stop being a crybaby and take out his frustration on the field. It is also evident that his arguements on for why the media and fans "are being too unfair" can be easily countered with logical reasons. So Mr. Clark do us all a favor and shut up and focus on playing football
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Clark Lashes Out- Cals Pgh reporters "turds"

best soundbite and interview on the team. also got some hate mail and posted it in the locker room.

http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-t...ss+Box+Blog%29

Quote:

To understand just how much things have changed for the Steelers, look no further than Ryan Clark.

Last year, the loquacious safety won the Chief Award, which is given annually to the player that is most cooperative with the media.

Today, Clark teed off on the Pittsburgh media, calling reporters “turds” and calling them out for what he says has been unfair coverage of the team, which has lost five games in a row.

Clark’s rant last nearly 12 minutes, and he ended it by saying reporters would take what sound bites they wanted and play up the most controversial ones.

Given the implication that the media would misrepresent what Clark said, here is a transcript of his interview.

Quote:
Q: You have gotten hate mail?

A: “Yeah, it’s on the board. Y’all can go read it. We posted it. I thought it was funny.”

Q: Did you get more than one letter?

A: “Yeah, I had a bunch but that was the best one. That one was really articulated well. The guy put a lot of thought in it. He used the wrong first name for a couple of guys but that is OK because I really see he did his research and his homework of why we stink so bad. It was funny. I got a good laugh out of it because you can’t worry about it."

Q: What was the premise of the letter?

A: “'Ryan, you and your defense really suck.' He revisited it twice. I think he might’ve been an English major because you have to state your point in the beginning and then you have to swing back around to it in the end to bring it go full circle. I was very impressed with what he had written.”

Q: Is it hard to separate all of the good feelings from last year with the fans and now when you are getting hate mail?

A: “I am not upset at the guy, I don’t want to go to his house and fight him. That is his opinion and that’s how he feels. I don’t know what he does for a living. I don’t know if he is an accountant. I can’t go talk to him about how he crunches numbers. I can’t talk to him on how he teaches his class and things like that. That is the only difference about it. They get to tell us how they feel and it’s cool. We get paid a lot of money to do a job. When we win, we are, ‘Aw, man, we are doing it for our fans.’ When you lose, you don’t have a fan. It is what it is.”

Q: Why not delete the e-mail?

A: “It wasn’t an e-mail. I guess I would’ve hit delete if it was an e-mail. It was a piece of paper.”

Q: Why not just throw the letter away?

A: “I am not upset about it. They asked me questions about it. I am not upset. I put it on the board. It’s funny. Come on man, that don’t matter. Who is he? He’s a jag (Editor’s note: the letter written to Clark was signed ‘JAG’). He’s just a guy.”
see link for rest...
Old 12-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
msafford
Starter

Location: Perrysburg, OH (grew up in Lisbon, OH- 50 miles from Pittsburgh)
Member Number: 2447
Default Re: Clark Lashes Out- Cals Pgh reporters "turds"

I heart Ryan Clark.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
I didn't see anything wrong with what he said. He's frustrated, just like many players and fans are...but unlike the fans, he's not on the outside of the situation looking in.

IMO if you read the WHOLE article, it sounds like he's just responding to some hate mail he's gotten. He actually did give props to most of the fans.

He's got a point there.
Quote:
Whether he's an accountant. I can't go talk to him about how he crunches numbers. I can't go talk to him about how he teaches his class and things like that."
Exactly.

I can't even begin to imagine how he (and some of the other guys) would feel if they read some of the comments from the HC's and OC's- in-waiting around here.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:33 PM   #8
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Thanks for posting the whole interview and not just the snippets that people like Douchette just want to report on.

Clark makes several valid points and really puts a lot into perspective.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Steelers Clark rips media, fans
http://community.post-gazette.com/bl...k/default.aspx
By Bob Smizik | Wednesday, 8:15 p.m.

Ryan Clark, normally one of good guys in the Steelers locker room, turned angry and ugly yesterday. He lashed out at the media and fans. It was uncharacteristic of Clark, who received the Chief Award last season from the local pro football writers for his cooperation with the media.

Ryan ClarkEd Bouchette has the whole story here.

What’s your take on this? Is Clark totally out of line? Or does he have a point?

If he’s wrong, does he get a break because of the frustrations of the season?

As someone who has been on the wrong end of these player outbursts, they can be uncomfortable, particularly when directed at one individual.

From the positive side, it turned a slow news day into a faster one.

My take is to give Clark the benefit of the doubt on this one. He was wrong, dead wrong, but sometimes these guys get down and lose their temper just like the rest of us.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #10
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I understand he's upset but for him to call out the fans, that's just absurd. He's not in DC anymore. This is Steelers Nation and we unlike any other fans in the world.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote