Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-18-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Homer Mock Draft Challenge 2010

I will take any chance given to throw a mock draft together.

To allow people to express their inner homer and satisfy their draft geek desires I propose this challenge to all.

Come up with a mock draft based only on Seniors and eligible juniors that are from your homer college team.

I will give everyone two compensation picks in the 4th round and you can also submit 3 Undrafted Free Agents as well.

I dont have a homer college so I thought I would take LSU.

Here goes

Quote:
Aussie_steelers LSU Homer Mock Draft 2010

Rd 1. Brandon LaFell WR 6'3 206 lbs
only true first round talent on the LSU squad. Cant pass him up at this point. Helps if Santonio or Hines go soon.

Rd 2. Chad Jones FS 6'3 230 lbs
borderline first round talent that fills a huge need immediately if Ryan Clark goes. FS is desperately needed this draft.

Rd 3. Kelvin Sheppard ILB 6'3 240 lbs
James Farriors replacement needs to found sooner rather than later. If I was a Bama homer I would be all over McClain in the first but know that I have chosen a side I will be happy with Sheppard in the 3rd

Rd 4a Harry Coleman SS 6'2 206 lbs
Tyrone Carter can hit the road and Coleman is a quality candidate to sit behind Troy and also help out on ST's

Rd 4b. Rahem Allen OLB 6'3 262 lbs
Depth is needed at OLB and Allen fits the description of a steeler 3-4 OLB.

Rd 4c. Joseph Barksdale OT 6'5 315 lbs
Right Tackle candidate to push Tony Hills for the backup spot. This junior may see his stock climb if he stays another year

Rd 5. Charles Scott RB 5'11 234 lbs
FWP is gone and a #2 RB is needed. Scott is my candidate now. Broken clavicle might keep him out of Senior bowl workouts so he drops a little. Great value pick for this runaway freight train

Rd 6. Chris Hawkin CB 6'0 185 lbs
Not a lot of LSU talent sitting around in the 6th round. I'll take a punt on a corner to compete for ST time and maybe the last CB spot

Rd 7. Trindon Holliday KR 5'5 164 lbs
I know he is tiny, but he is only a bit shorter than Stefan Logan. Logan has been ok but I am prepared to take a shot on this little dynamo. His 40 time could be explosive.

UDFA 1. Danny McCray FS 6'1 206 lbs
UDFA 2. Al Woods NT 6'4 312 lbs
UDFA 3. Richard Dixon FB 6'2 240 lbs

OK - thats my best shot without much extensive knowledge of an entire college team.
I passed on Ciron Black in the 2nd and I am happy with Barksdale in the 4th. I know that I am short a TE and maybe a DE. NT is very sub standard with Al Woods as a UDFA.

Now I look forward to your replies. I can see some really strong competition coming out of Texasteel and his hawkeyes, Rev and his buckeyes. MOP might have some fun with his Terps. Who do you pimp LLT and Steelmember --- I have had a total blank.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 AM   #2
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323
Default Re: Homer Mock Draft Challenge 2010

I'll get mine together Aussie, but you will find it heavy laden with offensive linemen. I believe I have a couple player you may not have heard of that could be pretty good players though.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #3
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

OHHHHH MAN!!!!!!

My Homer team is division II.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Might have to try this...but my Homer team is only OSU. /sigh
Old 12-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Might have to try this...but my Homer team is only OSU. /sigh
Love it - you and Rev will be able to be graded out for the quality of your respective mocks.

LLT - if its any consolation I will let you trade picks for NFL players. Draft who you can that is of real value. You could end up having multiple picks to package to trade for star players.

Tex - nothing wrong with Bulaga, Calloway and Angerer continuing to wear black and gold.

My kids are excited about xmas. I am getting excited about bowl games I wonder who are the bigger kids
Old 12-19-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Time to shift to the # 1 Alabama Crimson Tide

This one was a lot tougher considering the number of sophmores and freshman on the squad who start

Quote:
Aussie_steelers Alabama Crimson TIde mock draft 2010

Rd 1. Rolando McClain ILB 6'4 256lbs
stud line backer who makes it very easy to overlook Mt Cody in the first round. Monster in the middle who will remind everyone of the days of Levon Kirkland

Rd 2. Kareem Jackson CB 5'11 192 lbs
Probably good enough to push for William Gays CB2 position by mid season

Rd 3. Mike Johnson OG 6'5 305 lbs
Will fill the interior strengthening the OG position, Urbik should make Essex redundant and Johnson can be the top backup with an eye to shift Kemo

Rd 4a. Javier Arenas CB / KR 5'9 198 lbs
MIght not fall this far. Dynamite as a punt / kick returner and has a knack of being in the right spot.

Rd 4b. Colin Peek TE 6'5 255 lbs
Time to mover Spaeth on and Peek is a old school tight end. He has left two college programs to get away from the option and spread formations that dominate the college game.

Rd 4c. Justin Woodall SS 6'1 220 lbs
Strong against the run for Bama. Is mobile enough to also get back into zone coverage. Turned down a baseball career to stay with football. Will need some coaching

Rd 5. Greg McElroy QB 6'3 218 lbs
I know that he doesnt come out but he is eligible under our contest rules. Can manage a game well and is usually pretty good at minimising turnovers. Will be drafted higher in 2011

Rd 6. Leigh Tiffin K 6'1 212 lbs
This guy has a strong leg, which should help out on the kickoffs. Has missed some extra points of late but he is still one of the premier kickers in college football. Bye Bye Jeff Reed

Rd 7. Brandon Deaderick DE 6'4 295 lbs
Playmaking DE who is tough as nails. Was shot in an attempted armed robbery and missed no playing time and played 5 days after being shot.

UDFA 1. Drew Davis OT 6'7 305 lbs
UDFA 2. Roy Upchurch RB 6'0 205 lbs
UDFA 3. Corey Reamer OLB 6'4 234 lbs
Found this mock much tougher than the LSU mock. Personally I think the middle of the draft is a bit weak and I may have ripped Javier Arenas off a little to get him down to the 4th round. Missing a FS and quality OLB in this mock.

How do the two compare???
Old 12-21-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276

Ill go with Penn State!!!!!

Round 1- Navarro Bowman
Round 2- Jared Odrick
Round 3- Evan Royster (i don't know if he delcared)
Round 4- Sean Lee
Round 5- AJ Wallace
Round 6- Dennis Landolt
Round 7- Daryll Clark
Free Agent- Josh Hull
Free Agent- Jerome Hayes
Free Agent- Knowledge Timmons
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post

Round 1- Navarro Bowman OLB
Round 2- Jared Odrick DE
Round 3- Evan Royster (i don't know if he delcared) RB
Round 4- Sean Lee ILB
Round 5- AJ Wallace CB / KR
Round 6- Dennis Landolt RT
Round 7- Daryll Clark QB
Free Agent- Josh Hull ILB
Free Agent- Jerome Hayes OLB
Free Agent- Knowledge Timmons CB
Very solid draft Dylan. Thanks for being the first to post a true homer mock. ( i cant consider mine TRUE homer mocks because of my lack of allegiance to a college.

This addresses D line, OLB and ILB depth in a big way. Dick Le Beau would like the quality of players on the D side of the ball you have given him. Arians could have a little fun teaming Royster with Mendy. No safeties is an issue considering the way our backups at FS and SS have played.

Well Done.

The burning question is how are we going to determine the final rankings of our mocks.?? I dont even want to rank the 3 homer mocks we already have. Any takers???
Old 12-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #9
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

IOWA

1 . Bryan Bulage OT / 6'6" / 310 lb. Bryan did not have the year we were hoping for, I think mainly because of his early season illness. He missed the 1st 4 games I believe, and from what I saw may have never regained all of his strength. Can and I believe would play LT for us.

2 . Amari Spievey CB / 6'0" / 195 lb. Amari had 68 TT, 4 Ints, 6 pass breakups, 1 FF, 1 Sack. When ask how good Spievey was, Norm Park said he could be the best they have ever had. I really think he is a 3rd round pick, but with a good time at the combines might move up a little.

3 . Kyle Calloway OT / 6'7" / 315 lb. I really like this kid and would be tickled if we get him. Tremendous run blocker and I think did not give up a sack. Has played LT but will be a RT in the Pros.

4a. A.J. Edds OLB / 6'4" / 245 lb. Disciplined player that knows how to tackle. Is ofter asked to cover a WR in coverage. I think he will be a better pro that Angerer.

4b. Pat Angerer ILB / 6'0" / 235 lb. Iowa plays him all over the Field. They like to blitz him, and drop him into coverage. I think he lead Iowa in ints. last year. Always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Combine will be very important to him.

4c. Adrian Clayborn DE / 6'3 / 285 lb. Clayborn really came into his own this year. Play hard, does not take plays off, and loves to punish the QB. An animal at the line of scrimmage as well.
Clayborn has already stayed that he will be coming back to Iowa next year.

5. Dace Richardson OG / 6'6" / 305 lb. Dace has had a lot of trouble staying health, but has show this year that moving him to OG was a good Idea. Made all Big Ten this year.

6 . Tony Moeaki TE / 6'3" / 255 lb. Another player that has had trouble staying health, even missed 2 games this year. Showed this year the talent that he has. Runs well, and I think is one of the best receiving TE in the nation. If not for his injury's would most likely be a 2ND round pick. I think he is worth a gamble, I think a couple other teams will agree.

7 . Brett Greenwood FS / 6'0" / 200 lb. A hard nosed, work you tail off type of player. That may have to work his tail of to make the team. At the least, a good ST player.

UDFA
Derrell Johnson-Koulianos / WR
Brett Morse / FB
Christian Ballard / DE

They can even bring their oun uniforms.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
SteelMember
Team Owner

Member Number: 8745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post

Round 1- Navarro Bowman
Round 2- Jared Odrick
Round 3- Evan Royster (i don't know if he delcared)
Round 4- Sean Lee
Round 5- AJ Wallace
Round 6- Dennis Landolt
Round 7- Daryll Clark
Free Agent- Josh Hull
Free Agent- Jerome Hayes
Free Agent- Knowledge Timmons
Well, PSU is my homer team, and all in all, a nice job Dylan.

A couple guys I might have put in...

Mickey Shuler, or Andrew Quarless TE
Chris Colisanti LB
Jeremy Boone P

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll
SteelMember is offline   Reply With Quote