Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-28-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418
Default Lets talk college football recruiting Recruiting/ preseason rankings

1. USC
2. Florida
3. Texas
4. Michigan
5. ND
6. Georgia
7. PSU
8. tOSU
9. LSU
10. Auborn
11. Miami
12. Florida
13. ASU
14. OU
15. aTm

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=9&c=14&yr=2006

Conference:

1. SEC
2. Pac 10
3. Big 12
4. Big 10
5. ACC

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=15&p=9&c=14&view=2&yr=2006
Old 01-29-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
nu4everfan15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1056
Default Re: Lets talk college football recruiting Recruiting/ preseason rankings

i think psu has an underrated class and michigans is alil overrated at this point. usc def got quality, but they dont need quantity so i think they did the best, but i am just suprised how well urban meyer did in his first complete year of recruiting in fl... i remember people sayin he wasnt a good enough recruiter, but he had guys slobbering over a gator helmet. I am also glad that florida got their tim tebow because i dont like him one bit.

I understand the conference ratings, but really the sec has the most talent rich soil out there... and the pac 10 has california, and i think the big 12 gets screwed in terms of recruiting ranks. Really, nebraska has had a great class, maybe not star wise, but they have def gotten players they needed, and alot of jc-transfers, and that is really wat the big 12 likes to do and scouting experts dont really like that idea.

but i cant wait to see these 5 star guys contribute to their teams. its sooo long until spring ball!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:31 PM   #3
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418
Default Re: Lets talk college football recruiting Recruiting/ preseason rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu4everfan15
i think psu has an underrated class and michigans is alil overrated at this point. usc def got quality, but they dont need quantity so i think they did the best, but i am just suprised how well urban meyer did in his first complete year of recruiting in fl... i remember people sayin he wasnt a good enough recruiter, but he had guys slobbering over a gator helmet. I am also glad that florida got their tim tebow because i dont like him one bit.

I understand the conference ratings, but really the sec has the most talent rich soil out there... and the pac 10 has california, and i think the big 12 gets screwed in terms of recruiting ranks. Really, nebraska has had a great class, maybe not star wise, but they have def gotten players they needed, and alot of jc-transfers, and that is really wat the big 12 likes to do and scouting experts dont really like that idea.

but i cant wait to see these 5 star guys contribute to their teams. its sooo long until spring ball!!!!
Good Posting, I think the SEC rankings are a little overrated myself, what do you think?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM   #4
nu4everfan15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1056

oo ya, because of the sooo talent rich florida, some kids who are three star ratings really dont match up w/ the three star talent of say pa... i think that florida and the rest of those southern states have the best prospects but they dont have the depth that the west and california has. I would go straight to california if i had a chance to recruit.