Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #1
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500
Default It's Steelers Wee......I mean, it's Ravens Week!

Welcome, welcome to the Game of the Week! The one we've all been looking forward to. The one every football fan should have been looking forward to, but probably stopped looking at about two weeks ago when it appeared that both Baltimore and Pittsburgh may be outside the playoff door looking in.

Now the Ravens hold the #5 seed due to basically every team they wanted to lose yesterday losing, and the one team they wanted to win, New England, won. Now the 'magic' word is basically, because had the Steelers lost to Green Bay, their hearts may not have been in this Sunday's game as much as normal as they would have 'basically' been eliminated from playoff competition. But now Pittsburgh is wrapped up in a tie with several teams at 7-7 and has a legitimate shot at possibly making the playoffs, so you know it will be a Battle Royal at Heinz Field.

Just as it should be. AFC North Football in December. There is nothing better. Unless it's January.

I hope to God the Ravens come to Heinz Field and walk out 9-6, just as you hope the Steelers will be 8-7, but it is going to be one hard-hitting game, no matter what. And it will show who the best team in the AFCN is this year (I'm not counting the Bengals- I just can't).

Let the 'intelligent' smack talk begin!
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
Bluedust
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14019
Default Re: It's Steelers Wee......I mean, it's Ravens Week!

It'll be a good game, I just hope we find a defense before the game.
Bluedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedust View Post
It'll be a good game, I just hope we find a defense before the game.
Well, considering Roethliberger threw the ball for almost a half-mile yesterday and the Ravens are down Ed Reed and may have just lost Lardarius Webb for the year, it may just be an offensive shoot-out.

Whodathunkit? Two AFCN teams with arguably the best defenses in the NFL this decade may be running and gunning and scoring 28+ points on each other this Sunday.

Or.....maybe something kicks both defenses in the ass during the week and it turns into a brutal low-scoring contest like we're normally used to.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Can't wait for Sunday, I love these games, and who knows............MAYBE WE GET TROY BACK!!
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #5
WindyCitySteelerFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10940

I can't wait. Of course, I am nervous and wondering what Steelers team will show up on Sunday...

As always though, the Ravens Steelers matchups are the greatest of the year. I have a feeling we'll bring our A game.
WindyCitySteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindyCitySteelerFan View Post
I can't wait. Of course, I am nervous and wondering what Steelers team will show up on Sunday...

As always though, the Ravens Steelers matchups are the greatest of the year. I have a feeling we'll bring our A game.
It sucks that this match-up didn't look "this good" last week, as it may have been flexed into SNF. Then again, looking at Baltimore's track record on SNF, maybe a 1:00 start ain't a bad thing.

It's going to be good, no matter what. One thing is 100% certain- it will make the week go by so friggin' slow it'll drive us all nuts!

I don't know if it's really possible considering all the tie-breakers, etc, but if Pittsburgh does beat Baltimore Sunday, I'd like to see both of us get into the post-season. Having three AFCN teams in the playoffs would look awesome. Unless, of course, Cincinnati decides to lose to KC this Sunday.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
It sucks that this match-up didn't look "this good" last week, as it may have been flexed into SNF. Then again, looking at Baltimore's track record on SNF, maybe a 1:00 start ain't a bad thing.

It's going to be good, no matter what. One thing is 100% certain- it will make the week go by so friggin' slow it'll drive us all nuts!

I don't know if it's really possible considering all the tie-breakers, etc, but if Pittsburgh does beat Baltimore Sunday, I'd like to see both of us get into the post-season. Having three AFCN teams in the playoffs would look awesome. Unless, of course, Cincinnati decides to lose to KC this Sunday.
Baltimore would have cried to the NFL if they had moved this to 8pm. Why do you think we played them at 8pm at their place? Because they REQUESTED the NFL schedule it that way because they needed a night game to be competitive against us. They were upset because we had MNF at home against them in the past couple years. We'll beat them any time, anywhere.
steelcity1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #8
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity1974 View Post
Baltimore would have cried to the NFL if they had moved this to 8pm. Why do you think we played them at 8pm at their place? Because they REQUESTED the NFL schedule it that way because they needed a night game to be competitive against us. They were upset because we had MNF at home against them in the past couple years. We'll beat them any time, anywhere.
That was then; this is now, so I really do not want to rehash that argument again. But, you brought it up, so......I don't blame Harbaugh one bit. Playing MNF against your bitter rival on their turf year after year with no reciprocity gets a little old. I notice the NFL didn't offer to switch that MNF game to M&T Bank, did they?

That is all.
Old 12-21-2009, 08:22 AM   #9
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post

This game would not have been switched to Sunday night anyway. Maybe to 4pm, but I believe teams are not allowed to play more than 5 night games per season and we have already played our limit. They do this out of some semblance of fair scheduling as night games usually mean a disruption to a teams normal work week. Either a short week of prep before the night game (Thursday) or a short week the following game isn't really fair to make a team do this too frequently, thus the rule.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #10
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
Can't wait for Sunday, I love these games, and who knows............MAYBE WE GET TROY BACK!!
It would be nice but don't count on it. Should be a passing game for both teams.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote