Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #1
redundantman
Water Boy

Member Number: 2354
Default Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 15 – Packers

1. The Steelers snapped a 5 game losing streak and I thought I heard that they snapped a 5 game winning streak for the Packers.

2. The reason you are so angry about the onsides kick call is because it was the correct call. And to have to admit that, as a Steeler fan, is madness. How is it that the Steelers defense has come to this?

3. If Ben doesn’t shake that sack the game is over. I like him very much.

4. Annoying that the Steelers got bumped in favor of the Iggles – 49-girls game. I had great fun listening to “Moose” Johnson slobbering all over Donovan McNabb instead of watching the Steelers.

5. Andrea Kramer caught Big Ben before he went to the locker room for one of her insightful and riveting interviews. And as typically happens in Ben interviews he started spewing clichés faster than Miss Teen South Carolina in a beauty pageant. Ben has always been an awkward leader. I love it because it drives the Steelers opponents nuts. They feel like they just got beat by Baby Huey.

6. Why is it that Peyton Manning never gets injured?

7. The Steelers miss Bryant McFadden.

8. Did you notice how wide open the Packers receivers was when they went up with 2:00 to go compared to how tightly Wallace was covered when he made his “Santonio Holmes tribute catch"?

9. One of the managers was giving me grief this morning: “Why didn’t you tell me Ben was going to throw for 500 yards? I sat him this week in Fantasy Football in favor of Kurt Warner. I left 25 points on the table!” I told him I considered his reasoning to sit Ben to be a sound.

10. The Philip Rivers love-fest is getting nauseating. I believe the media has channeled its Patriots passion into the Chargers now. Can’t wait to see them bounced in the first round.

11. Wallace’s catch was awesome and timely but Heath Miller’s catch a couple plays earlier was noteworthy as well.

Last edited by redundantman; 12-21-2009 at 08:55 AM.
redundantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Default Re: Redundant Thoughts 2009 Week 15 – Packers

Quote:
2. The reason you are so angry about the onsides kick call is because it was the correct call. And to have to admit that, as a Steeler fan, is madness. How is it that the Steelers defense has come to this?
Thank you. At least someone gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redundantman View Post
8. Did you notice how wide open the Packers receivers were all day....?
Fixed.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
NEWstevo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15010

8. Steelers on 4th down deep in their own territory... Holmes was W I D E O P E N.
NEWstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #4
Rockonsteel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15574

Quote:
1. The Steelers snapped a 5 game losing streak and I thought I heard that they snapped a 5 game winning streak for the Packers.

That would be correct.

Yup,more specifically, I was more angry at what the call represented...lack of faith in the defense, and that is hard to swallow. But, given the their track record inthe 4th qrtr this season, and the way game was unfolded, the lack of faith is justified. My first reaction was, WTF? But, then I realized why it was being done, and saw that it was the right call, and hate the reason why it had to be made. That said, the Wallace mirror image of Holmes SB td, took a lot of heat of Tomlin this week. Warranted or not, had the Steelers lost this game, he would've been roasted for that one. As is stands now, it's just a sidenote to the story.

3. If Ben doesn’t shake that sack the game is over. I like him very much.

Yeah, he drives you crazy sometimes, but I wouldn't trade him for the world.

4. Annoying that the Steelers got bumped in favor of the Iggles – 49-girls game. I had great fun listening to “Moose” Johnson slobbering all over Donovan McNabb instead of watching the Steelers.

Yeah, that was pretty rude of them. I actually had to listen to the first half on the radio, because we thought we could watch at my man's house, no Sunday ticket, because it was supposed to be on. We had to scramble back my house to catch the second half. It was actually kinda strange, six grown men, in the basement, huddled around a boombox, listening to a staticky, broadcast of the Steelers game. Felt like the 50s.

6. Why is it that Peyton Manning never gets injured?

I often ponder that very, intriguing question myself. I think, maybe he's living like a charmed life or something.

7. The Steelers miss Bryant McFadden.

Yessir!! In a big way.

8. Did you notice how wide open the Packers receivers was when they went up with 2:00 to go compared to how tightly Wallace was covered when he made his “Santonio Holmes tribute catch?

That's because they coach their corners to play aggressive. Steelers don't. As much as I wish the Steelers, I don't think they have the personnel, other than Ike, to do that. But, yeah, they let their corners actually challenge receivers at the los, and early in routes.

10. The Philip Rivers love-fest is getting nauseating. I believe the media has channeled its Patriots passion into the Chargers now. Can’t wait to see them bounced in the first round.

Yeah, they've become the new media darlings. but, that's cool, they'll win nothing again.

11. Wallace’s catch was awesome and timely but Heath Miller’s catch a couple plays earlier was noteworthy as well.

Great point..

Rockonsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:15 AM   #5
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

5. Andrea Kramer caught Big Ben before he went to the locker room for one of her insightful and riveting interviews. And as typically happens in Ben interviews he started spewing clichés faster than Miss Teen South Carolina in a beauty pageant. Ben has always been an awkward leader. I love it because it drives the Steelers opponents nuts. They feel like they just got beat by Baby Huey.

Love this one :)
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
redundantman
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Thank you. At least someone gets it.

Fixed.
I can't argue with the edit.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
redundantman
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockonsteel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianSteel View Post

Love this one :)
Sideline reports are a waste of air time ... show the cheerleaders ... show the San Diego Chicken ... show the drunk guy with his shirt off ... anything but one of the sideline reporters.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

Quote:
5.Andrea Kramer caught Big Ben before he went to the locker room for one of her insightful and riveting interviews. And as typically happens in Ben interviews he started spewing clichés faster than Miss Teen South Carolina in a beauty pageant. Ben has always been an awkward leader. I love it because it drives the Steelers opponents nuts. They feel like they just got beat by Baby Huey.

God, I hate Andrea Kramer. How the hell did she get a job as a sideline reporter? It's as if someone in the studio sent their grandmother to report on the game because the weather was too shitty or something. If you have to have a sideline reporter who contributes nothing to the broadcast, then at least give me Lindsay Soto or Michelle Beisner so I can have some eye candy.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:47 PM   #9
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Another great post redundantman. I am sure this one was much easier after a victory again
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote