Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 12-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Arians deserving?

much is said about the play calling of Bruce Arians. Many would like to see him gone. I completely agree at times throughout the year.
However, looking at the stats is Bruce Arians should get the credit and maybe its the defensive coaching that should be deemed unfit to coach another game?

Ben should be a 4,000-yard passer,we have two 1,000-yard receivers, along with a 1,000-yard rusher and a tight end with more receptions than any in steelers history.

If our defense played anything like it did a year ago today we just might be in the hunt with the Colts as undefeated teams.

It is not the offense that has put us behind it is the defense. Why blame Arians?

But then again...... Maybe the credit should go to Big Ben for bailing Arians out all year. like he did Tomlin this past week
Old 12-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: Arians deserving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
much is said about the play calling of Bruce Arians. Many would like to see him gone. I completely agree at times throughout the year.
However, looking at the stats is Bruce Arians should get the credit and maybe its the defensive coaching that should be deemed unfit to coach another game?

Ben should be a 4,000-yard passer,we have two 1,000-yard receivers, along with a 1,000-yard rusher and a tight end with more receptions than any in steelers history.

If our defense played anything like it did a year ago today we just might be in the hunt with the Colts as undefeated teams.

It is not the offense that has put us behind it is the defense. Why blame Arians?

But then again...... Maybe the credit should go to Big Ben for bailing Arians out all year. like he did Tomlin this past week
The offense has underperformed on third and fourth downs, in the red zone and on the score board. Stats are meaningless if they don't translate into points.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,155 Posts

Quote:

:
You just advocated for the firing of Dick LeBeau and suggested he is "unfit to coach another game". I'll bump this one in August when LeBeau gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.

OK, we can pretty much file this thread with some of the great gems posted by mmalone.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #4
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:

It is not Lebeaus fault, it's not the plan, it's the personnel that we have on the field, mainly scum like Gay, and Tyrone Carter.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
steelcity1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9669

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
The offense has underperformed on third and fourth downs, in the red zone and on the score board. Stats are meaningless if they don't translate into points.
100% correct. Even though we are #8 in the NFL in yards per game, we are 15 in points per game. Every one of the 7 teams ahead of us in YPG have more PPG than us, plus 7 more teams that have fewer YPG than us. I'd be interested in knowing what our Red Zone offense ranks. Ben has thrown at least two picks (Chiefs and Raiders) on 1st down in the red zone. Maybe bad play calling...definitely bad decision making on Ben's part. 1st down...nothing there...throw it away. Gotta get TDs...at least FGs.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Absolutely!
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Congratulation! You just launched the ONE MILLIONTH Bruce Arians thread on Steelers Fever! You win a giant fat head of..................................Bruce Arians for your wall!
Old 12-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
You just advocated for the firing of Dick LeBeau and suggested he is "unfit to coach another game". I'll bump this one in August when LeBeau gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.

OK, we can pretty much file this thread with some of the great gems posted by mmalone.
I give LeBeau credit when he deserves it... and this year he does not.. Sorry but look at the way our defense has played.... Not saying it is his fault but there are defensive coaches not getting the job done this year.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #9
pepsyman1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10824

Quote:
I give LeBeau credit when he deserves it... and this year he does not.. Sorry but look at the way our defense has played.... Not saying it is his fault but there are defensive coaches not getting the job done this year.
I'll agree with you on that one. I love Dick Lebeau, I think he's the best....and I KNOW we are missing two key cogs in our personnel, but good coaches need to adjust to the personnel we HAVE and not depend on schemes that work best with personnel that we don't currently have on the field. I'm surely no defensive guru...Dick Lebeau is and I'm looking for him to make some adjustments to deal with the weakness of our secondary....THAT'S the only thing I fault with Lebeau this year. I have no problem with working from the assumption that the replacement players will "step up", but once it became obvious that they couldn't he should have started making adjustments.
pepsyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #10
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Lebeau deserves a lot of blame this year for this defense. Either he 1. has not called the right calls or 2. has not brought in the right player personnel for his schemes if someone else gets hurt.

He has been here long enough that he DOES carry that responsibility. We have seen before where the pass defense of his has been the Achilles heal of the schemes.

However. I think with adjustments, we can fix it in the offseason. So no, I DONT think he needs to be gone. That is silly.

Arians needs to be sat on a bit more. I think we saw a bit more of Tomlin's hand in the offense this week in the gameplanning. If that is what happened, I LIKE that combination.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote