Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-29-2006, 08:31 PM   #1
theSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 1628
Smile Our time has come!

Many of Steeler Nation, myself included, are too young to remember the joy of winning a Super Bowl...I vaguely remember sitting on the living room floor watching the Steelers crack the Rams in Super Bowl XIV 31-19, intently looking for my dad on TV...1995 was a great year, i was in the endzone where Jim Harbaugh's pass was almost caught in the AFC Championship game vs the Colts--I'll never forget that feeling.

But this is something different. This Steeler Team is the defining moment for our generation...a victory will bind the past with the present, and a promising future. I remember the Bungle fans talking their smack walking back to my tailgate after they beat us many weeks ago. I admit, I was p!ssed, I was ready to smash a boat oar over someones head I was so mad! I specifically remember telling one of those Kentucky reject wannabees that you can count on seeing us again. The next morning as I drove to work, the game was being discussed on ESPN1250 and the anger I felt the day before had been turned to focus...focus that reminded me that this season was far from over, that this team would not quit, they would not go out on their knees--that they would fight to the end and that they would do what it took to make my promise to that filthy Bungle fan a prophecy come true.

This is our team, and this is our year. As Coach Cowher said last year after the loss to the Patriots, "This is only the beginning." We are one week away from the prize we covet. This team, these group of warriors, Ben, Bus, Willie, Hines, Cedrick, El, Krieder, Fanaca, M. Smith, Simmons, Hartings, Miller, Starks, Porter, Haggans, Foote, Farrior, Hampton, A. Smith, Kimo, Deshea, Hope, Ike, and Polamalu---they overcame the tallest of mountains, broke down the unbreakable, and have made this Steeler Fan proud to wear the Black and Gold.

Hey Seattle, put some mind altering drugs in your Starbucks coffee, cause you won't like reality when we kick your a$$es in Motown and your Seaturkeys limp back home to make that planned parade of yours into a freakin funeral march! Steeler Nation is ready to roll from coast to coast, we will take over the city of Detroit and we are coming home
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS...Steelers 31 Seachickens 14.

Watch this and you'll run through wall!!
http://steelers.serviceanddesign.com...steelers06.wmv

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
theSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
theSteeler
Water Boy

Default Re: Our time has come!

So, any guesses on how many of the 68,500 will be wearing black and gold?

"We are traveling a path right now that no one else has been on. However you want to view that, it will be a big challenge for us. But we certainly aren?t going to let history dictate our journey. As I told the players a lot of times, your journey can make history. That?s kind of the mindset that we have." -Coach Cowher
Old 01-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
nd your Seaturkeys limp back home to make that planned parade of yours into a freakin funeral march
now that was funny
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Damn dude!! I just watched that vid and it gave me chills ! :tt Rep points to you !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #5
theSteeler
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
Damn dude!! I just watched that vid and it gave me chills ! :tt Rep points to you !
Honestly, I watched that and I had tears in my eyes and was looking for something blue to run into! We're from the city with the great football team!

Old 01-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Cebby
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1532

That was AWESOME!!

TOOLandFAB.com & My JD2 Bender Hydro Conversion
A discussion forum about tools, fabrication & workshops
**Now with live RSS feed and Free Member Photo Gallery**
Cebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:01 PM   #7
theSteeler
Water Boy

One week baby, one more week. We're gonna burn Detroit down!!! I'll either be there at Ford Field or amonst the crazies in Pittsburgh...where do you think the best place will be to watch? SportsRock? Hi-Tops?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328

Quote:
Hey Seattle, put some mind altering drugs in your Starbucks coffee, cause you won't like reality when we kick your a$$es in Motown and your Seaturkeys limp back home to make that planned parade of yours into a freakin funeral march! Steeler Nation is ready to roll from coast to coast, we will take over the city of Detroit and we are coming home
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS...Steelers 31 Seachickens 14.

Nice link but this comment clearly confirms your youthfulness. Enjoy it while you can...and be sure to keep wearing that bib Mommy gave you this morning. LOL.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

This is going to be a good game. Both teams have been building up to this point for several years. Both teams have the hunger. But I'm going with the Seahawks, because I just can't see Big Ben, as good as he is, being better than Hasselbeck when it comes to leadership at this point. Last week we all heard about how frickin' great Delhomme is in the big game, but you know after the first quarter he had a 1.8 quarterback rating. The Hawks defense is much better than their ratings shows. They pick up alot of turnovers and they keep the scoring down. This game reminds me alot of the Marino Montana Showdown. Marino even called up Ben to give him a pep talk. I think it's going to be one of the better Superbowls.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:37 AM   #10
theSteeler
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksfan
Nice link but this comment clearly confirms your youthfulness. Enjoy it while you can...and be sure to keep wearing that bib Mommy gave you this morning. LOL.
Oh, i plan on enjoying it...that score was no joke, i was within 3 points of the final score for all three playoff games, with the exception of the Colts game thanks to Pete Morelli, I had that one 24-13 Steelers...the bib was nice, too, (size 8 from victorias secret) especially since the mommy i met last night was 31 when theSteeler went to work on her after picking her up at the bar...daddy like, yes he did...just like he like the Seachickens gettin a whoopin next sunday, baby!