Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Tx777
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14928
Default 2010 Schedule Question

Had a question, hoping someone can help me.

I ran across this earlier today

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/10551681

now I was curious if this looks about right for the steelers schedule next year and if it does which afc south team are they more likely to face. Im hoping for the Texans since im stuck in San Antonio
Tx777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
7willBheaven
Starter

Member Number: 13312
Default Re: 2010 Schedule Question

Check back in like April or whenever they release the official schedule...dont think theres anyway to tell until this...as nothing is official, not even what you read there.
7willBheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 08:53 PM   #3
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx777 View Post

now I was curious if this looks about right for the steelers schedule next year and if it does which afc south team are they more likely to face. Im hoping for the Texans since im stuck in San Antonio
Yes that is correct, and it is firm. Only variable is the AFC West and AFC South opponent. Since it is very likely that we'll finish 3rd in the AFC North, our home opponent is almost surely going to be Oakland, and at this point the Texans would be our away game.

Whoever finishes in the same place in those divisions, as we do in ours, will be our opponent - and the Titans hold the division tiebreaker over the Texans.

Until they add an expansion team, or additional regular season games, the schedule is set for future years. Here's a list until 2017:
http://www.johnnyroadtrip.com/schedu...uture_afcn.htm
Old 12-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

It depends on where they finish in the standings.

If the Steelers finish 3rd(Likely Case to happen) They play Houston and Oakland while if they are lucky enough to finish 2nd, it will be Jacksonville and Denver.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:22 PM   #5
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx777 View Post

You'll know in 2 weeks who that game is. It is whoever finishes in the same place as we do in the north. Since we almost definately will finish 3rd, it would take 2 wins for us and 2 losses for Baltimore for us to finish 2nd. Right now it's the Texans, but it could end up being the Jags or the Titans. Whoever finishes 3rd after all tiebreakers will be our game. I personally hope it's Tenn. as I went to the game in Nashville last year. I had a bad taste over that one until the Superbowl and their collapse washed that away.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #6
Tx777
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 14928

thanks guys. got my fingers crossed
Tx777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Note that johnnyroadtrip.com and other sites that are looking ahead to future schedules are doing so assuming that the current schedule rotation remains intact. As of right now there is no set schedule for 2010; the schedule rotation was part of the CBA that expires this year. In other words, you can't assume the schedule rotation will continue in 2010.

Now in all likelihood the current setup will most likely continue next year, but the reality is that the NFL could come up with something completely different - especially if a new CBA is agreed upon, since the NFL seems to be gung-ho on adding another game to the schedule. Frankly I don't see that happening till at least the following year, but you never know.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
steelerzfannforever
Water Boy

Member Number: 9327

How in the heck do we end up playing at Miami two years in a row? Im sure the team will not complain, but how does that happen?
steelerzfannforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerzfannforever View Post
How in the heck do we end up playing at Miami two years in a row? Im sure the team will not complain, but how does that happen?
If they continue with the current format, it will be due to the fact that the AFC East is next on the rotation. AFC South Would return if there is a 2011 Season.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #10
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerzfannforever View Post
It's easy to play a team outside your division two or more years in a row. You're going to play another AFC team once every three years based on the schedule rotation of other divisions within your conference due to the schedule rotation. Then there are two other games against teams in your conference that finished in the same place within their divisions - i.e., 1st place team vs. 1st place team, 2nd place team vs. 2nd place team, etc. So with the Steelers usually finishing 1st in the AFCN, they are going to play teams that usually finish 1st in the three other AFC divisions. That's why you see the Colts, Pats and Chargers or Broncos on the schedule far more often than other teams from those divisions.