Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default What a Shame.

If we don't get in.

Anybody here think we're not better than the Jets or Texans? Yet we're pulling for them both to lose so we can get in. This team should have never been in this position, but here we are needing a win and some help.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,730 Times in 702 Posts
Default Re: What a Shame.

Going into today, thinking that us beating Baltimore, we'd DEF be playing for a playoff spot against Miami. Not the case, it looks bleak and it feels like I'm getting the wind knocked out of me since I think we miss it by one game. Hope I'm wrong.

Here We Go Steelers
-------------------------------

Here we go Patriots
Here we go Bengals
Here we go Raiders
Old 12-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

It's not a shame, do we even deserve it, The Jet's have the #1 defence more deserving that the shit we pulled off in the last 7 games...
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:24 PM   #4
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,122 Times in 954 Posts

Looks like those pitiful losses to the Browns and Raiders might have "did " us..... we'd have to win AND get very lucky that 3 of 4 teams lose next week... and that will only be the beginning of our troubles if at least Troy P. does not return for the playoffs......

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
If we don't get in.

Anybody here think we're not better than the Jets or Texans? Yet we're pulling for them both to lose so we can get in. This team should have never been in this position, but here we are needing a win and some help.
Yeah, we won't be better than the Jets or the Texans (though we SHOULD have been). It's upsetting to know that just one win over either KC, OAK, Chicago, Cincy or the Browns and we'd be in the number 5 spot securely.

They've made their own fate. I hope there is some kind of miracle that gets the Steelers in, but a couple weeks ago I was saying that winning out and going 9-7 would be more depressing to me than going 7-9 or 8-8. Kind of like rubbing salt in the wounds.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

If this team was serious about making the playoffs, they shouldn't have lost to Oakland and Cleveland.

I'm afraid the Steelers waited a little too late to flip the switch. The Defense made a stop today, when we needed one three weeks ago. We had our chances, and we blew each and every last one of them.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #7
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

As much as we probably dont deserve it, the scenario that has just occurred is BS. They set it up, so a team doesn't have to play at all in the bengals. Even that fool Sanchez can beat 2nd and 3rd stringers from the bungles.

There were other viable games that couldve been in that spot, for teams that purely control there own destiny, agasint teams that would love to be a spoiler.
Ravens/Raiders for one. the early outcomes means nothing if the Ravens win. They have to win.
Eables Cowboys, look like it means a big thing, with the division on the line.

If ever there was QB undeserving of making the playoffs its Sanchez, as he flat out sucks. Colts deserve to lose in their first game. They laid down like a cheap vegas hooker.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:42 AM   #8
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
As much as we probably dont deserve it, the scenario that has just occurred is BS. They set it up, so a team doesn't have to play at all in the bengals. Even that fool Sanchez can beat 2nd and 3rd stringers from the bungles.

There were other viable games that couldve been in that spot, for teams that purely control there own destiny, agasint teams that would love to be a spoiler.
Ravens/Raiders for one. the early outcomes means nothing if the Ravens win. They have to win.
Eables Cowboys, look like it means a big thing, with the division on the line.

If ever there was QB undeserving of making the playoffs its Sanchez, as he flat out sucks. Colts deserve to lose in their first game. They laid down like a cheap vegas hooker.
There weren't many other viable games, maybe us vs the fish or Pats vs Texans.Jets vs Bengals is a very interesting match up for the majority of viewers. an interesting coach (Ryan) big city (NY) a team fighting against tragedy (Cinci) Cinci hasn't had a lot of prime time gigs in recent years, they have marque players. I think the NFL putting this game to prime time has the reverse effect. I believe it will bring out the best in the Bengals.
We still have to win (which we will) with the Texans losing or the Ravens losing (or both, making the Jets/Bungles meaning less).

Again , if we win 1 game against the dregs of the NFL (KC, Oak, Cle, Chi) we don't need to worry about this.
Rick5895 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

It seems this team always has to learn lessons the hard way. It is a shame to see their efforts of the last few weeks go down in flames.....but it was too little too late. They played with that sense of urgancy that was not their all season. And it going to burn inside of them all offseason.....I see them coming out strong and staying strong all next season, they will want to control their own destiny and Tomlin should make that a talking point all year long. Play every game like it could be your last one. They will ( or at least they should) be playing with a chip on their shoulder next year.......we will be very dangerous. Enjoy your 1st place schedule, Bengals fans. Because paybacks are a bitch.

Is it September yet?
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."

Last edited by stillers4me; 12-28-2009 at 05:42 AM.
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #10
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edman View Post
If this team was serious about making the playoffs, they shouldn't have lost to Oakland and Cleveland (or Kansas City or Chicago).
"..... survey-says.....

..... NUMBER ONE ANSWER on the board, Darlin'!!!!!"

Nobody's fault but mine..... nobody's fault but mine