Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 AM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default Assuming he goes...ARE's replacement

Nate Washington possibly? seems to have talent
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86
Default Re: Assuming he goes...ARE's replacement

We might see some more of Nate Washington. I think the Steelers are going to draft a WR to give us a deep threat.

Last edited by Prosdo; 01-30-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Does Michael robinson seem a good fit??? can anyone give a thought on my opinion??

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:05 AM   #4
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

He was the second guy who came to mind, will def. be a very athletic reciever.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #5
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Michael Robinson isn't going to be an NFL player. He's not a natural quarterback, and the general opinion coming out of the Senior Bowl is that he's going to take a very long time to develop into a wide receiver, if he does at all. Regardless, he's not going to be the answer for ARE.

with Pittsburgh drafting No. 32 this year (fingers crossed), their first round pick is probably going to be more of a second-rounder, their second-rounder will be more of a third, and so on.

I think the best fit for their offense - assuming they choose to go with a high pick on a WR - is Hagans from ASU or Avant from Michigan. Both of them are Ward-like in their abilities. They aren't going to blow you away with their speed, but they're tough, precise route-runners and have excellent hands. Hagens' stock dropped a bit at the Senior Bowl, and might be available in the second round. Avant will more than likely be there in the third.

Also, Miami's Sinorice Moss (Senior Bowl MVP) was said to have impressed scouts quite a bit last week, and might be an intriguing pick-up considering he has the same abilities as 'Twaan (extremely quick, fast, multi-use athlete).

But I have been very impressed with Cedrick Wilson's play in the post-season, and I loved what Q (uincy Morgan) brought to the table until he got hurt. I don't think Pittsburgh needs to draft a wide receiver to play next year. They might want to bring in a guy to compete for the 4th WR spot with Nate Washington, but I think they'll be fine with Hines, Ced and Q next season, assuming Randle-El leaves, which is very likely.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
RichmondVA
Banned

Member Number: 540

Love the Q... Quincy Morgan (not the question). ARE will be back in Black in Gold IMO.
RichmondVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:27 AM   #7
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Why is it very likely?? He had his crack at a solid #2 spot and did not produce as a solid #2 WR, he had a decent year, but....nothing that is going warrant a huge contract. He had 35 catches for 500+ yards. Yes he does bring a little more to the table because of his PR skills and the fact that he can be involved in gadget plays, but ......since the Desmond Howard signing there really haven't been any huge signings for players that have this type of skill set.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #8
nu4everfan15
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1056

i think michael robinson will not fit in the nfl... this draft is not high on star power at the wr position but i do think it is pretty deep. A wr anywhere for 3-5 round would be good for the steelers, they dont need to go gettin a wr in the first and have to pay alot of money for him. i like mike hass from oregon state, but i dunno wat free agency has either
Old 01-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #9
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
Why is it very likely?? He had his crack at a solid #2 spot and did not produce as a solid #2 WR, he had a decent year, but....nothing that is going warrant a huge contract. He had 35 catches for 500+ yards. Yes he does bring a little more to the table because of his PR skills and the fact that he can be involved in gadget plays, but ......since the Desmond Howard signing there really haven't been any huge signings for players that have this type of skill set.
He's done enough and has enough potential to merit a raise. His punt return abilities definitely put him a step ahead of similar players for his size. This isn't to say he's going to be making Harrison/Moss like money, but he'll definitely ask for more than the $2 million the Steelers have already committed to Ced, and I can't really see the Steelers - knowing that organization - ponying up for more than that. Randle-El is a class act and a fine representative of the type of people Pittsburgh likes to keep around, but I couldn't see the Steelers going more than $3 mil per, and I bet he could get more than that somewhere else (read: Dallas)
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:51 PM   #10
Dook
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 906

$3 million per year for Randel El? No way. He's barely worth half that and that contract would kill our future. Remember we are already paying Ward, Hartings big money, our LB's each make $3-5 million a year and we are going to have to pay Ben and Polo big time money to keep them. Also Willie P. is going to get a nice pay day.

ARE is probably gone and it doesn't really worry me too much. He won't be as good on other teams because he can't really beat you on talent alone.

We have a good running game, a good #1 WR in Ward, and a good TE so whatever Randel El gets is because of that. Put him as a #1 WR on a team that does not have as many options and he'll get shut down. As a #2 he has some worth but not $2m a year. I really hope someone does pay him that, it will be like the Chief's getting Kendrell Bell. Their loss is our gain.

I also think we will draft a WR, hopefully #1. A 1st round pick at the 32nd position is NOT someone who is going to get a lot of money. Martin Nance is my favorite because he was Ben's favorite WR in college but Nate Washington and Quincy Morgan will also compete for the #3 WR position.

If we do keep Randel El I think we should cut Cedric Wilson. Yes I know he had a couple of catch's in the playoffs but he's not worth $2.4 million especially since we need to be mindful of our future salary cap situation. I'm very sure that Morgan or Washington can put up Wilson like numbers for half the price.