Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Underclassmen

Here is a list I found of the underclassmen that have declared so far.

QB

Sam Bradford / Oklahoma
Jimmy Clausen / N.D.

RB

Ryan Mathews / Fresno St.

WR

Aurelius Benn / Illinois
Desmond Roscoe / Kansas
Dz Bryant / Oklahoma
Golden Tate / N.D.
Mike Williams / Syracuse
Damian Williams / USC

O-Line

Bruce Campbell / Maryland
Anthony Davis / Rutgers

D-Line

Ever son Griffin / USC
Ale Groom / West Illinois
Gerald McCoy / Oklahoma

DB

Donovan Warren / Michigan.

There will be many more.
Help me keep this list updated
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Here is a list I found of the underclassmen that have declared so far.

QB

Sam Bradford / Oklahoma
Jimmy Clausen / N.D.

RB

Jahvod Best / Cal..
Ryan Mathews / Fresno St.

WR

Aaron Henderson / Florida TE
Aurelius Benn / Illinois
Desmond Roscoe / Kansas
Dez Bryant / Oklahoma
Golden Tate / N.D.
Mike Williams / Syracuse


O-Line

Bryan Bulaga / Iowa
Bruce Campbell / Maryland
Anthony Davis / Rutgers

D-Line

Jason Pierre-Paul / South Florida
Brian Price / UCLA
Ever son Griffin / USC
Ale Koroma / West Illinois
Gerald McCoy / Oklahoma

LB

Navorro Bowman / Penn. St.
Thaddeus Gibson / Ohio St.

DB

Eric Berry / Tenn. S
Joe Haden / Forida CB
Dominique Franks / Olka. CB
Reshad Jones / Georga S
Donovan Warren / Michigan. CB
Some very interestin additions.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Thad Gibson declared for the Bucks. He projects as a 3-4 OLB (6'2 240). Late 2nd, early 3rd, he'd be a project for the Steelers.

Chekwa and Heyward are staying for their Senior years.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
MDSteel15
Team President
 
MDSteel15's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Like a nomad, I live where I park at night...
Posts: 2,286
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8170
Thanks: 1,058
Thanked 333 Times in 222 Posts
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Underclassmen

These are the only ones I'd want in much needed positions!

Bruce Campbell / Maryland
Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Eric Berry / Tenn. S
Joe Haden / Forida CB
Donovan Warren / Michigan. CB

Maybe Best later in early 3rd round.....
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
These are the only ones I'd want in much needed positions!

Bruce Campbell / Maryland
Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Eric Berry / Tenn. S
Joe Haden / Forida CB
Donovan Warren / Michigan. CB

Maybe Best later in early 3rd round.....
Let me be clear. I am an Iowa Homer, but did you see the Orange Bowl? Bulage man handled an extreamly good DE in that game. He looked like he has atleast most of his strength back. I hope he can win some of you over at the combines.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Let me be clear. I am an Iowa Homer, but did you see the Orange Bowl? Bulage man handled an extreamly good DE in that game. He looked like he has atleast most of his strength back. I hope he can win some of you over at the combines.
I'd have no problem if the Steelers drafted him. I don't care about the combine at all, but I'll definitely watch him in his respective all-star game.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #7
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,169
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 334
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,051 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Let me be clear. I am an Iowa Homer, but did you see the Orange Bowl? Bulage man handled an extreamly good DE in that game. He looked like he has atleast most of his strength back. I hope he can win some of you over at the combines.
so Bulaga declared??? Interesting to see if he plays in the East-West shrine game as he wont play in the Sr. Bowl. I watched him a lot in the Orange Bowl and Derrick Morgan got under him several times and pushed him into the pocket. Bulaga got called for holding outside the frame once and could hve been called a couple more times.

My big concern with Bulaga was to see if he could handle speed rushers as he looked slower when I saw him earlier in the year. I know he was injured, but I think we might see some questions if he can really play LT at the next level. Something tells me that Okung, Williams, Campbell, Brown and Davis will rank ahead of him. Might be a better technical version of Gosder Cherilus destined for RT.
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Texasteel's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,638
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8323
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
so Bulaga declared??? Interesting to see if he plays in the East-West shrine game as he wont play in the Sr. Bowl. I watched him a lot in the Orange Bowl and Derrick Morgan got under him several times and pushed him into the pocket. Bulaga got called for holding outside the frame once and could hve been called a couple more times.

My big concern with Bulaga was to see if he could handle speed rushers as he looked slower when I saw him earlier in the year. I know he was injured, but I think we might see some questions if he can really play LT at the next level. Something tells me that Okung, Williams, Campbell, Brown and Davis will rank ahead of him. Might be a better technical version of Gosder Cherilus destined for RT.

Morgan, who I have see some say is one of the best DE in this years draft did get into the backfield 4 or 5 times, but did minimal damage, I also thought he was controlled for most of the game. I can't agree with your opinion that Balaga is slow, and we really will not know if any of these guys can handle an NFL speed rush till next year.

You may be right about Bulaga's ranking, but I watched Cherilus very closely two years ago, and IMO he was not even close to Bulaga.

But like I said, I was watching through the eyes of a Hawkeye fan, and I do value your opinion a great deal.
__________________


Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #9
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend
 
El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,169
Member Number: 8264
Thanks: 334
Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,051 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
Morgan, who I have see some say is one of the best DE in this years draft did get into the backfield 4 or 5 times, but did minimal damage, I also thought he was controlled for most of the game. I can't agree with your opinion that Balaga is slow, and we really will not know if any of these guys can handle an NFL speed rush till next year.

You may be right about Bulaga's ranking, but I watched Cherilus very closely two years ago, and IMO he was not even close to Bulaga.

But like I said, I was watching through the eyes of a Hawkeye fan, and I do value your opinion a great deal.
I dont think his feet are as heavy as Cherilus, but he isnt as agile as I would like to see from a guy that is touted as a LT prospect. The fact that he didnt set well and did get bull rushed (on skates) a few times raised some questions too. He may be a guy with tools that just needs refining technique....or he may be a guy that is a RT or OG in the NFL.

Here is a professional opinion from somebody other than I, of him before the bowl game:

He's a large athlete that excels as a pass protector and run blocker. Several scouts feel Bulaga would be best inside at guard and may not be able to handle the left tackle position in the NFL. He could quell that criticism today by shutting down Derrick Morgan of Tech, one of the nation's best pass rushers. Late-First round http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...55/3/index.htm
__________________
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #10
SteelerNation12
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 264
Member Number: 15759
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Underclassmen

Bruce Campbell / Maryland
Anthony Davis / Rutgers
Those are the 2 to watch. Campbell may be the best OL in this draft when its all said and done.
SteelerNation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts