Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15653
Default Final Playoff Scenarios in Black and White

Ok, I know there are a few other posts about the Steelers and their playoff scenerios, as well as the implications of this upcoming week's games. BUT, almost every thread I've read about it leaves out at least one possibility. So here it is, in plain black and white, exactly what needs to happen for the Steelers to advance.

Scenerio #1 (Best Odds)

1) Steelers WIN
2) Houston LOSS
3) Jets LOSS

Scenerio #2 (Less Likely)

1) Steelers WIN
2) Houston LOSS
3) Jets WIN
4) Baltimore LOSS
5) Denver doesn't matter

Scenerio #3 (Worst Odds)

1) Steelers WIN
2) Houston WIN
3) Baltimore LOSS
4) Jets LOSS
5) Denver LOSS

So, there ya have it. Unfortunately, our best odds are riding with two teams who have already clinched to take care of business for us against good teams. It is what it is. All we can do is watch and see how it unfolds now.
Triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
SteelKid212
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused
Default Re: Final Playoff Scenarios in Black and White

yep, that about sums it all up. and it aint pretty....

all we can do is hope for a win on sunday and PRAY all chips fall into place.
if by some miracle of god we sneak into the playoffs, im pretty sure we would go deep. despite our defensive play.

making the playoffs the way our season has unfolded means new life.
new life means new attitudes and mentalities and 110% efforts from everybody in that locker room, knowing they got in... maybe undeservingly.

u can bet we will unleash hell in the playoffs,

.......... if we get in.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKid212 View Post
yep that about sums it all up. and it aint pretty....

all we can do is hope for a win on sunday and PRAY all chips fall into place.
if by some miracle of god we sneak into the playoffs, im pretty sure we would go deep. despite our defensive play.

making the playoffs the way our season has unfolded means new life.
new life means new attitudes and mentalities and 110% efforts from everybody in that locker room.

u can bet we will unleash hell in the playoffs...

.......... if we get in.

I think so too. Would love to go into Foxboro and lay a smackdown on those Pats too! But realistically, our odds aren't good now. If the damn Colts woulda just taken care of the Jets, I would feel MUCH better about our outlook going into this week. Aside from the Steelers screwing themselves by losing to KC, OAK, and CLE, that decision by the Colts coaching staff will most likely be the biggest factor in the Steelers falling short this season. UNLESS we get our miracle.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #4
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

I know that I, for one, will be praying that JaMarcus Russell doesn't get anywhere near a football field this weekend. As long as his ass is parked squarely on the bench, the Raiders are a 100% better team.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:22 PM   #5
TampaSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12183

Yea, the Steelers have nobody to blame but themselves for being in this spot. All we had to do was win ONE of the CHI/KC/OAK/CLE games and we would control our own destiny against the phins. Instead we need a damn week 17 miracle! Stranger things have happened though, I think...
Old 12-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
Nadroj 20
Team President

Member Number: 14045

It is possible, would have been real nice to see either houston or the jets to fall last week, but as ive stated and many others on here has said too, we only have ourselves to blame.
Nadroj 20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

You guys crack me up with your speculations.
It took a friggin' last second, 150 to 1 winning pass against Green Bay last week and it also took the Ravens to beat themselves yesterday to keep us with a less than a remote chance of making the playoffs.
Realistically, we've been playing extremely sloppy in all compartments of the game this season and we are not a playoff caliber team, period.
I just hope the Steelers end the season with a clean and indisputable win, something that didn't happen since they beat the Broncos 7 weeks ago.
As far as I'm concerned, that's all I'm hoping for.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #8
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
You guys crack me up with your speculations.
It took a friggin' last second, 150 to 1 winning pass against Green Bay last week and it also took the Ravens to beat themselves yesterday to keep us with a less than a remote chance of making the playoffs.
Realistically, we've been playing extremely sloppy in all compartments of the game this season and we are not a playoff caliber team, period.
I just hope the Steelers end the season with a clean and indisputable win, something that didn't happen since they beat the Broncos 7 weeks ago.
As far as I'm concerned, that's all I'm hoping for.
Some of what you say is true, but are the Jets a better "playoff caliber" team then the Steelers?? Since the only way THEY get in is two gift-wrapped games to end the season, by teams who have already clinched and are resting their starters?? Sure, we definitely have our weaknesses, but so do the rest of the "playoff caliber" teams. What kind of fan WOULDN'T want to see their team in the postseason?? The GB and the Ravens games weren't pretty wins, but those were two very good football teams. A win against them is good however you can get it! Be gloom and doom if that's you're thing, but I'll be rooting like hell for the Steelers to sneak into the playoffs! If the Steelers ride their late season momentum into the postseason AND get Polamalu back, I think they could make some noise! But hey...that's just me. Maybe I'm a Homer. But if thinking the Steelers are STILL dangerous despite their flaws makes me a homer, I'll gladly wear that label!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I hope the Colts tank in the playoffs SO bad!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
VinnySteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 11711

On the bright side, we will all have something to watch and cheer for in Week 17, which is a lot more than fans of many teams in this league get to do. If we would have lost in either of the last two weeks we wouldn't even have this opportunity. I for one am looking forward to see how it all plays out and will be rooting for the team in any game that will allow the Steelers in the playoffs.
VinnySteel is offline   Reply With Quote