Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
PineappleJetsFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 15703
Default Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

My first post here. Unfortunately I'm a Jets fan. Even named my son Jett (this borders on child abuse). I've been lurking on your forum for years. Steelers are the team I've always wanted my Jets to be like. First player I ever idolized, and still the only player I truly idolize, was Jack Lambert. Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him. Didn't do well in high school with grades so the only school that took me was Slippery Rock U. Loved the school, loved Western PA and the people, and loved quite a few girls from New Castle. Have even been mistaken to look like Hines Ward on more than a few occasions. Anyway, a lot of threads here on how the Bengals will throw the game against the Jets. I'm here to tell you there is no way we are winning this game. Many comments on how we are lucky the way the schedule has fallen these last 2 weeks for us. All I see is this is setting up to be another cruel hoax by the football gods on my beloved team. I knew we would beat the Colts and lose our last game. I can see the Bengals pleading with us to win the game and we will blow it somehow. The choking sounds are already starting. I can hear them. Hopefully we get in, but if not good luck to you getting in.
PineappleJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

I appreciate your sentiment, but there's a reason why they're known as the bungles.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
huntingteacher
Water Boy

Member Number: 15304
My Mood: Bored
Default Time to come out of the Steeler Closet and join our nation

1. Jack Lambert is your favorite player. 50% of the people here own #58 jerseys. Hell, Heinz almost changed their ketchup bottle but to have two Steelers on the bottle might confuse folks, offense/defense

2. You want the Jets to be like the steelers. I want my wife to be like Carrie Underwood.

3. No mention of Joe Namath in the thread. I'd think little Jett would be little Joe.

4. You went to college at Slippery Rock, but are still smart enough to keep close contact to the Steeler Forum all these years. I guarantee nobody here lurking on a Jets website. Or any other site for that matter. Steeler fans are monogamous.

5. Our team plays downtown in their own stadium. The Jets share a stadium with ANOTHER NFL team in a different state than what's on the helmet. You'd think the billions that wallstreet steals from america could fund two stadiums in their own state. (sorry, political rant).

6. Back to Jett, I'm sure it's not too late to have a frank conversation with him. Explain your feelings then, and how you have been living a lie all these years. That kind of life style has hurt many, as in his name, but he will still love you!!!
A. JETTson
B JT ( As in JT Thomas)
C. Change the J to B and add an IS.
We believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
huntingteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15653

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleJetsFan View Post
My first post here. Unfortunately I'm a Jets fan. Even named my son Jett (this borders on child abuse). I've been lurking on your forum for years. Steelers are the team I've always wanted my Jets to be like. First player I ever idolized, and still the only player I truly idolize, was Jack Lambert. Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him. Didn't do well in high school with grades so the only school that took me was Slippery Rock U. Loved the school, loved Western PA and the people, and loved quite a few girls from New Castle. Have even been mistaken to look like Hines Ward on more than a few occasions. Anyway, a lot of threads here on how the Bengals will throw the game against the Jets. I'm here to tell you there is no way we are winning this game. Many comments on how we are lucky the way the schedule has fallen these last 2 weeks for us. All I see is this is setting up to be another cruel hoax by the football gods on my beloved team. I knew we would beat the Colts and lose our last game. I can see the Bengals pleading with us to win the game and we will blow it somehow. The choking sounds are already starting. I can hear them. Hopefully we get in, but if not good luck to you getting in.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting, and for the chuckle!
Triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,705 Times in 1,568 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I guess we will see come Sunday it is out of our control and all we can do is let the chips fall and see how they land.
Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
GoSlash27
Team Captain

Member Number: 3225

Pineapple,
Thanks for the kind words.

No matter what happens there, I'm not gonna blame you guys or the Bengals. We put ourselves in this position, so you get out there and fight!
/still hope you lose tho'
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Welcome to the board and thanks for finally posting PineappleJetsFan. I'd be lying if I told you "good luck" on Sunday
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,023 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Pineapple,
Thanks for the kind words.

No matter what happens there, I'm not gonna blame you guys or the Bengals. We put ourselves in this position, so you get out there and fight!
/still hope you lose tho'
Yea... this whole situation reminds me of the story of the "Tortoise and the Hair ". We were lazy, unmotivated from top to bottom, and had delusions of entitlement.... Now we have just woke up from our nap and are running our azzez off trying to finish the race... but that Tortoise just might be too close to the finish line....

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
dcsteel5804
Team Captain

Member Number: 9373

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Yea... this whole situation reminds me of the story of the "Tortoise and the Hair ". We were lazy, unmotivated from top to bottom, and had delusions of entitlement.... Now we have just woke up from our nap and are running our azzez off trying to finish the race... but that Tortoise just might be too close to the finish line....
Freakin awsome analogy. Fits perfectly!!
dcsteel5804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
pepsyman1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10824
Default Re: Time to come out of the Steeler Closet and join our nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingteacher View Post
1. Jack Lambert is your favorite player. 50% of the people here own #58 jerseys. Hell, Heinz almost changed their ketchup bottle but to have two Steelers on the bottle might confuse folks, offense/defense

2. You want the Jets to be like the steelers. I want my wife to be like Carrie Underwood.

3. No mention of Joe Namath in the thread. I'd think little Jett would be little Joe.

4. You went to college at Slippery Rock, but are still smart enough to keep close contact to the Steeler Forum all these years. I guarantee nobody here lurking on a Jets website. Or any other site for that matter. Steeler fans are monogamous.

5. Our team plays downtown in their own stadium. The Jets share a stadium with ANOTHER NFL team in a different state than what's on the helmet. You'd think the billions that wallstreet steals from america could fund two stadiums in their own state. (sorry, political rant).

6. Back to Jett, I'm sure it's not too late to have a frank conversation with him. Explain your feelings then, and how you have been living a lie all these years. That kind of life style has hurt many, as in his name, but he will still love you!!!
A. JETTson
B JT ( As in JT Thomas)
C. Change the J to B and add an IS.
We believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah Pineapple, quit torturing yourself. You know deep down inside you'd much rather be rooting for the black & gold. Save your son a lifetime of aggravation and get him a terrible towel. We'll take good care of you both.
pepsyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote