Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #1
PineappleJetsFan
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Deigo
Posts: 30
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15703
Thanks: 0
Thanked 32 Times in 6 Posts
Default Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

My first post here. Unfortunately I'm a Jets fan. Even named my son Jett (this borders on child abuse). I've been lurking on your forum for years. Steelers are the team I've always wanted my Jets to be like. First player I ever idolized, and still the only player I truly idolize, was Jack Lambert. Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him. Didn't do well in high school with grades so the only school that took me was Slippery Rock U. Loved the school, loved Western PA and the people, and loved quite a few girls from New Castle. Have even been mistaken to look like Hines Ward on more than a few occasions. Anyway, a lot of threads here on how the Bengals will throw the game against the Jets. I'm here to tell you there is no way we are winning this game. Many comments on how we are lucky the way the schedule has fallen these last 2 weeks for us. All I see is this is setting up to be another cruel hoax by the football gods on my beloved team. I knew we would beat the Colts and lose our last game. I can see the Bengals pleading with us to win the game and we will blow it somehow. The choking sounds are already starting. I can hear them. Hopefully we get in, but if not good luck to you getting in.
PineappleJetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 AM   #2
theplatypus
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,948
Member Number: 3329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

I appreciate your sentiment, but there's a reason why they're known as the bungles.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
huntingteacher
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 43
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15304
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
My Mood: Bored
Default Time to come out of the Steeler Closet and join our nation

1. Jack Lambert is your favorite player. 50% of the people here own #58 jerseys. Hell, Heinz almost changed their ketchup bottle but to have two Steelers on the bottle might confuse folks, offense/defense

2. You want the Jets to be like the steelers. I want my wife to be like Carrie Underwood.

3. No mention of Joe Namath in the thread. I'd think little Jett would be little Joe.

4. You went to college at Slippery Rock, but are still smart enough to keep close contact to the Steeler Forum all these years. I guarantee nobody here lurking on a Jets website. Or any other site for that matter. Steeler fans are monogamous.

5. Our team plays downtown in their own stadium. The Jets share a stadium with ANOTHER NFL team in a different state than what's on the helmet. You'd think the billions that wallstreet steals from america could fund two stadiums in their own state. (sorry, political rant).

6. Back to Jett, I'm sure it's not too late to have a frank conversation with him. Explain your feelings then, and how you have been living a lie all these years. That kind of life style has hurt many, as in his name, but he will still love you!!!
A. JETTson
B JT ( As in JT Thomas)
C. Change the J to B and add an IS.
We believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
huntingteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #4
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 149
Member Number: 15653
Thanks: 7
Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineappleJetsFan View Post
My first post here. Unfortunately I'm a Jets fan. Even named my son Jett (this borders on child abuse). I've been lurking on your forum for years. Steelers are the team I've always wanted my Jets to be like. First player I ever idolized, and still the only player I truly idolize, was Jack Lambert. Even used to stick one of those black round licorice pieces over my front tooth when I played pee wee football so I would look like him. Didn't do well in high school with grades so the only school that took me was Slippery Rock U. Loved the school, loved Western PA and the people, and loved quite a few girls from New Castle. Have even been mistaken to look like Hines Ward on more than a few occasions. Anyway, a lot of threads here on how the Bengals will throw the game against the Jets. I'm here to tell you there is no way we are winning this game. Many comments on how we are lucky the way the schedule has fallen these last 2 weeks for us. All I see is this is setting up to be another cruel hoax by the football gods on my beloved team. I knew we would beat the Colts and lose our last game. I can see the Bengals pleading with us to win the game and we will blow it somehow. The choking sounds are already starting. I can hear them. Hopefully we get in, but if not good luck to you getting in.

Good stuff! Thanks for posting, and for the chuckle!
Triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #5
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter
 
Galax Steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Galax Va
Posts: 103,345
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3287
Thanks: 1,315
Thanked 3,705 Times in 1,568 Posts
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

I guess we will see come Sunday it is out of our control and all we can do is let the chips fall and see how they land.
__________________
Galax Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 AM   #6
GoSlash27
Team Captain
 
GoSlash27's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: s t e e l u n i v e r s e . n e t
Posts: 949
Member Number: 3225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

Pineapple,
Thanks for the kind words.

No matter what happens there, I'm not gonna blame you guys or the Bengals. We put ourselves in this position, so you get out there and fight!
/still hope you lose tho'
GoSlash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter
 
markymarc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,589
Member Number: 2292
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

Welcome to the board and thanks for finally posting PineappleJetsFan. I'd be lying if I told you "good luck" on Sunday
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #8
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner
 
SteelerEmpire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,926
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14355
Thanks: 1,704
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,023 Posts
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Pineapple,
Thanks for the kind words.

No matter what happens there, I'm not gonna blame you guys or the Bengals. We put ourselves in this position, so you get out there and fight!
/still hope you lose tho'
Yea... this whole situation reminds me of the story of the "Tortoise and the Hair ". We were lazy, unmotivated from top to bottom, and had delusions of entitlement.... Now we have just woke up from our nap and are running our azzez off trying to finish the race... but that Tortoise just might be too close to the finish line....
__________________

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:48 PM   #9
dcsteel5804
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 727
Member Number: 9373
Thanks: 1
Thanked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Jets Fan Here- Keep your chins up...We'll screw it up as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
Yea... this whole situation reminds me of the story of the "Tortoise and the Hair ". We were lazy, unmotivated from top to bottom, and had delusions of entitlement.... Now we have just woke up from our nap and are running our azzez off trying to finish the race... but that Tortoise just might be too close to the finish line....
Freakin awsome analogy. Fits perfectly!!
dcsteel5804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #10
pepsyman1
Bench Warmer
 
pepsyman1's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Marlton, NJ
Posts: 302
Gender: Male
Member Number: 10824
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to come out of the Steeler Closet and join our nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingteacher View Post
1. Jack Lambert is your favorite player. 50% of the people here own #58 jerseys. Hell, Heinz almost changed their ketchup bottle but to have two Steelers on the bottle might confuse folks, offense/defense

2. You want the Jets to be like the steelers. I want my wife to be like Carrie Underwood.

3. No mention of Joe Namath in the thread. I'd think little Jett would be little Joe.

4. You went to college at Slippery Rock, but are still smart enough to keep close contact to the Steeler Forum all these years. I guarantee nobody here lurking on a Jets website. Or any other site for that matter. Steeler fans are monogamous.

5. Our team plays downtown in their own stadium. The Jets share a stadium with ANOTHER NFL team in a different state than what's on the helmet. You'd think the billions that wallstreet steals from america could fund two stadiums in their own state. (sorry, political rant).

6. Back to Jett, I'm sure it's not too late to have a frank conversation with him. Explain your feelings then, and how you have been living a lie all these years. That kind of life style has hurt many, as in his name, but he will still love you!!!
A. JETTson
B JT ( As in JT Thomas)
C. Change the J to B and add an IS.
We believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah Pineapple, quit torturing yourself. You know deep down inside you'd much rather be rooting for the black & gold. Save your son a lifetime of aggravation and get him a terrible towel. We'll take good care of you both.
pepsyman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts