Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #11
blackngoldbaby
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1631
Wink Re: 50 Ways to Beat the Steelers and more....

u can talk all u want sea chicken fans but by the time sunday rols around will have fifty plus ways 2 beat the little once seahawks but now sea chickens sooo go ahead say all u want we dont care unlike yous were focusing on the game! so ull see BLACKNGOLD HERE WE COME!
blackngoldbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #12
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298
Default Re: 50 Ways to Beat the Steelers and more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldbaby
u can talk all u want sea chicken fans but by the time sunday rols around will have fifty plus ways 2 beat the little once seahawks but now sea chickens sooo go ahead say all u want we dont care unlike yous were focusing on the game! so ull see BLACKNGOLD HERE WE COME!
Well, unlike you. We are letting our actual team focus on the game. Trash talking is the fans job.

Got it?

Teams focus, fans trash talk.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

"My blood runs green and blue"?

Will the Seahawks be ripping off "Here We Go Seahawks" and "Seahawk Nation" as well? Wasn't ripping off the 12th man enough? I thought all you NW'er coffee shop types were supposed to be creative?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #14
MNsteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 841

Steelers haven?t backed anything up in 26 years?.nobody on the current Steelers team have ever backed ANY trash talking up. It will all be done this Sunday.[/QUOTE]

OH! EXCUSE ME?? And what, pretell, have Seahawks fans backed up in their franchise's history? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Just because Wistrom has a ring doesn't mean Seattle can back up trash talk. He didn't win it with Seattle. You don't want to start comparing these franchises in terms of success, do you? Seattle doesn't even know how to spell "dynasty" let alone think they have a stronger air of Super Bowl experience.
MNsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #15
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
"My blood runs green and blue"?

Will the Seahawks be ripping off "Here We Go Seahawks" and "Seahawk Nation" as well? Wasn't ripping off the 12th man enough? I thought all you NW'er coffee shop types were supposed to be creative?
Dude, we've been bleeding blue and green for 30 years. Trust me...the Steelers didn't invent bleeding your team colors.

Jesus, do you think the Steelers invented football too?

Are you gonna go after the Lakers too? You know they bleed Purple and Gold.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:14 PM   #16
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Excuse me, but my team isn't currently embroiled in a lawsuit for stealing copyrighted material which predates our existence by 50 years...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:16 PM   #17
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNsteelers
OH! EXCUSE ME?? And what, pretell, have Seahawks fans backed up in their franchise's history? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Just because Wistrom has a ring doesn't mean Seattle can back up trash talk. He didn't win it with Seattle. You don't want to start comparing these franchises in terms of success, do you? Seattle doesn't even know how to spell "dynasty" let alone think they have a stronger air of Super Bowl experience.
No, if you could read...I am comparing current teams to current teams.....and sorry....the Steelers from the past will not help your current team. Sorry if the truth hurts, but the Seahawks have more Super Bowl experience this year than your team. What.....your current roster has 1 player who has ever been in a SB....10 years ago. We have 5 players who have been to the big game....3 of those 5 have been there 2 times....all in more recent Super Bowls than your 1 guy. And now lets look at what the head coached have done in the Super Bowl.....Cowher...nadda. Holmgren, well this will be his 5th Super Bowl trip and he has 3 rings already. That's right....I am only comparing current teams....things that can actually help the team. Not false hopes from years gone past…

Last edited by ZornToLargent; 01-30-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:18 PM   #18
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Excuse me, but my team isn't currently embroiled in a lawsuit for stealing copyrighted material which predates our existence by 50 years...
Neither are we.

We are in a frivolous "trademark" (not copyright) lawsuit from a college who trademarked "12th man" for intercollegiate sporting events. We are in the NFL, not the NCAA. It's a non issue for us.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:26 PM   #19
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,871 Times in 2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Well, all we can do at this point is trash talk. Both teams get to prove it on Sunday. To say we don't back up our trash talk is ridiculous considering the trash talk is about an upcoming game....not one already played. I wouldn?t get too ****y being a Steelers fan. The Seahawks have way more Super Bowl experience this time around....that's coaches and players. Enjoy your false sense of security thinking Bettis will retire a SB winner and the truth shall be revealed on Sunday.

Steelers haven?t backed anything up in 26 years?.nobody on the current Steelers team have ever backed ANY trash talking up. It will all be done this Sunday.
we all know about your team with all the playoff and sb veterans. 5 have played in sb's 4 have rings. WITH OTHER TEAMS. and your coaching staff? they will not be on the field, nor will steve young, j, rice, b. farve etc. so maybe you wanna bring up the fact that the seahawks led the league in sacks, a full 1/3 more a game more than the steelers.

hang your hat on these meaningless stats. the steelers know what they got. i think its the hawkfans who are getting over confident. you may think your team is the 2001 patriots, just keep in mind this isnt the 2001 rams.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:30 PM   #20
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Trademark...whatever.

Of course it doesn't bother you...the Hawks have no winning tradition or history of greatness, and therefore a lack of respect for those who came before. I was born and live about 20 miles from the birthplace of football, and I have been literally indoctrinated with the history of the game since I was old enough to stand up...therefore I have GREAT respect for the pioneers of the game, and find it offensive when others so cavalierly trample on the traditions of the great game of football.

Just as a general history lesson on why the Aggies have a right to be upset...

http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/12thman.shtml