Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Media

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,579 Times in 3,989 Posts
Default Re: 50 Ways to Beat the Steelers and more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
No, if you could read...I am comparing current teams to current teams.....and sorry....the Steelers from the past will not help your current team. Sorry if the truth hurts, but the Seahawks have more Super Bowl experience this year than your team. What.....your current roster has 1 player who has ever been in a SB....10 years ago. We have 5 players who have been to the big game....3 of those 5 have been there 2 times....all in more recent Super Bowls than your 1 guy. And now lets look at what the head coached have done in the Super Bowl.....Cowher...nadda. Holmgren, well this will be his 5th Super Bowl trip and he has 3 rings already. That's right....I am only comparing current teams....things that can actually help the team. Not false hopes from years gone past?
willie williams has given steelers the seattle playbook.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:49 PM   #22
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
willie williams has given steelers the seattle playbook.
It's a decoy.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 PM   #23
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Trademark...whatever.

Of course it doesn't bother you...the Hawks have no winning tradition or history of greatness, and therefore a lack of respect for those who came before. I was born and live about 20 miles from the birthplace of football, and I have been literally indoctrinated with the history of the game since I was old enough to stand up...therefore I have GREAT respect for the pioneers of the game, and find it offensive when others so cavalierly trample on the traditions of the great game of football.

Just as a general history lesson on why the Aggies have a right to be upset...

http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/12thman.shtml
Tradition we'll honor. Trademarking a phrase that has been used in all sports arena is rediculous. Texas A&M can bite the big one.

Oh and, we're starting a winning tradition this Sunday. You should tune in.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:00 PM   #24
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Well, all we can do at this point is trash talk. Both teams get to prove it on Sunday. To say we don't back up our trash talk is ridiculous considering the trash talk is about an upcoming game....not one already played. I wouldn?t get too ****y being a Steelers fan. The Seahawks have way more Super Bowl experience this time around....that's coaches and players. Enjoy your false sense of security thinking Bettis will retire a SB winner and the truth shall be revealed on Sunday.

Steelers haven?t backed anything up in 26 years?.nobody on the current Steelers team have ever backed ANY trash talking up. It will all be done this Sunday.

Well I guess we all need a little something to keep entertained till it's back up the talk day.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:02 PM   #25
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

Man, there's lots of talk from the Seattle Turducken crowd!

Thirty years! Big f'n deal. Pro football began in Western Pennsylvania. The first pro team was from Pittsburgh.

On first glance, the 13-3 record is oh so impressive, but wins over the likes of Arizona, San Francisco and St. Louis - six out of your 13 - can take some of the sun out of that shine - oh, wait, Seattle has more clouds and rain than Pittsburgh.

The Steelers have been selling out home games before the Turduckens existed.

All this experience being spoken of - oh, I guess the Steelers just should not show up, because Turducken fans think so.

Cowher has coached in a Super Bowl. **** LeBeau has coached in three Super Bowls.

Anyone notice the typical retorts? Steeler fans live in the past, etc. Sounds like it came off the Browns' message board, and we all know how creative those idiots are.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #26
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Well I guess we all need a little something to keep entertained till it's back up the talk day.
Isn't that the truth!!! This Super Bowl bye week is killing me!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #27
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
Pro football began in Western Pennsylvania. The first pro team was from Pittsburgh.
PRO football (paid athlete's) began in PA. The NFL started in Canton, Ohio. In fact, the 1st professional football championship team was from my hometown, Akron, Ohio.

http://www.profootballhof.com/histor...0s/founded.jsp

NFL was founded in Canton, Ohio
Decade by Decade: 1920s
The meeting was held in the Hupmobile auto showroom of Canton Bulldogs owner Ralph Hay, which was located in the Odd Fellows Building (above). Though the building has been razed, the site is now identified with a historical marker. On September 17, 1920, a group of men gathered in Canton, Ohio at the Hupmobile showroom of Ralph Hay, owner of the hometown Bulldogs. The result of the meeting was the birth of the National Football League.
First known as the American Professional Football Association (APFA) and later renamed the NFL in 1922, the league's first president was Jim Thorpe. Without a doubt the most famous athlete of his time, Thorpe helped add credibility to the sport. While not front-page news in 1920, the league's formation was the start of a journey that has made the NFL this country's favorite sport. Pro football began in 1892 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania when former Yale star William "Pudge" Heffelfinger was paid a notable sum of $500 to play in a single game for the Allegheny Athletic Association on November 12. For nearly the next three decades, pro football faced its ups and downs as the game was played primarily in small towns throughout western Pennsylvania and the Midwest.
Many problems plagued the game of pro football with increasing regularity. The need for a sense of order brought these men, which among others included George "Papa Bear" Halas, together in Canton to form the first professional football league. Eleven franchises were represented at the meeting: Canton Bulldogs, Decatur Staleys, Chicago Cardinals, Akron Pros, Cleveland Indians, Dayton Triangles, Massillon Tigers, Hammond Pros, Muncie Flyers, Rock Island Independents, Rochester Jeffersons.
The first matter of business was Massillon's withdrawal from professional football for the 1920 season. The team never joined the NFL. However, by season's start, the membership also included the Buffalo All-Americans, Chicago Tigers, Columbus Panhandles, and Detroit Heralds. Only two of the franchises still exist today. The Decatur Staleys moved to Chicago in 1921 and were renamed the Bears one year later. The Chicago Cardinals franchise now calls Arizona home.
On September 26, 1920, the first game featuring a team from the APFA was played at Douglas Park in Rock Island, Illinois. The Independents were victorious as they rolled to a 48-0 win over the St. Paul Ideals.
One week later, two league teams battled head-to-head for the fist time. The Dayton Triangles shutout the Columbus Panhandles, 14-0 in Triangle Park.

The Akron Pros, with an 8-0-3 regular season record, were crowned the league's first champion.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:53 PM   #28
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

I have more respect for Pete Rozelle than anyone else from the old days. We all owe Pete a debt of gratitude for turning the NFL into what it is today.
Old 01-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #29
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495

Zorn I've got to give you your props. You come in here and chat football, but you are respectful. I wandered over to a Seahawks fan site for a couple of minutes just to see what they were discussing. All they were doing was bashing Steelers fans. I saw no actual football talk. So thanks for showing respect in here even though you're rooting for the other guys.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:08 PM   #30
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Thumbs up Re: 50 Ways to Beat the Steelers and more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysta
Zorn I've got to give you your props. You come in here and chat football, but you are respectful. I wandered over to a Seahawks fan site for a couple of minutes just to see what they were discussing. All they were doing was bashing Steelers fans. I saw no actual football talk. So thanks for showing respect in here even though you're rooting for the other guys.
Well, thank you. That is very kind of you to say.