Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #131
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: 2010 Steelers Journal

On sunday when Rex Ryan and the New York Jets travel to the winter weather in Pittsburgh they will be locked into a defensive struggle when the number 3 ranked defense tries to outplay the number 1 ranked defense, argueably the best the league has ever seen.

Rex Ryan has seen it all before but the Pittsburgh Steelers defense of 2012 was at it's best as the two Corners Joe Burnett (Filled in), Janoris Jenkins (injured) and William Gay combined for 15 interceptions, Joe Burnett who came into his own this season unexpectedly and ball hawk'd the Quarterback 7 times. William Gay also intercepted 7 interceptions, of those 15 interceptions 6 were in the endzone and add Troy Polamalu's presence and six interceptions it's a passing defense you cannot establish the pass on, ask Tom Brady sure he throwed for 220 and tested New Starter Joe Burnett early but his Quarterback rating came in the 50's a reflection of how intimidating and baiting that defense is.

Add in the pass rush that garnered 75 sacks in 16 games and you can only have your running game hopeful to beat the defense, wrong.

The Steelers had the best run defense in the league. Two years straight. Only Ray Rice ran for over 100 yards and it was just over on a three yard average. The Steelers are major favourites but defense wins championships.

Darrelle Revis shutout Santonio Holmes last game and forced Ben Roethlisberger to throw a interception for the first time in 6 games, or nearly two months. The Jet's will need to force Ben Roethlisberger into mistakes if the Jet's want to come out winners.

The Steelers who are coming off a loss and a team that did not even gain more than 100 yards against the Tennessee Titans will come out proving they still have that swagger they had for the 16 previous weeks.

supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 AM   #132
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

unfortunatley my computer malfucntions and now my harddrive is broke.

maybe i make new one when i get it tommorow :\

i beat the jets 17-12
Old 02-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #133
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

i will be doing a denver bronco franchise next, but i don't know if i'll make a journal
Old 02-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #134
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

hey guys just an update. I change my mind im doing a Tennessee Titans or New York Jets journal next, then about may when the schedule is released i'll be doing a new steeler one.

well not really kinda cool i imported cyberfaces into my madden. thought i should share cus they cool no longer do i have to look at gay lame faces

chris johnson

Joe Flacco

Brandon Marshall

Darrelle Revis

Mark Sanchez

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 02-04-2010 at 11:10 AM.