Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-30-2006, 07:26 PM   #31
Da'Burgh
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 701
Default Re: Reasons Seattle will win are curious....

HERE'S A STAT...

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:41 PM   #32
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Fact: The better team will win on Sunday.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #33
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
Fact: The better team will win on Sunday.
That doesn't bode so well for you...don't you have something else we can debate?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:43 PM   #34
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan
Oh please. The Denver Broncos had one of the very best O-lines coming to that game....and they were eaten up. Seattle averaged 153.6 yards per game rushing this year....Denver averaged 158.7. Since Denver has Mike Anderson who was NOT MVP, we must conclude that Denver's O-line had MORE of an effect on their rushing game than did Seattle's. Therefore your statement that the Steelers have not faced an offensive line up to the caliber of the Seahawks yet this year is simply wrong. In fact, since the Steelers beat both Carson Palmer AND Peyton Manning....BOTH on the road, your assertion that the Steelers have not faced a QB up to the caliber of the Seahawks is also painfully incorrect.

You seem to believe that Seattle's redzone defense will somehow keep the Steelers out of the endzone. Problem is, Seattle's secondary has been mediocre all year. Seattle's defense finished the year ranked 17th in total defense and 25th in pass defense. Since they lead the league in sacks, this should be a troubling number for Seattle fans. Roethlisberger has shown over the past 3 games that the passing game has evolved for Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh's pass defense is so much improved over the first half of the season. A majority of their 12 sacks over the past 3 games must be credited as cover sacks. QB's have just not found open receivers and have ended up on their backsides as a result. The Steelers have allowed only 15 passing TD's all year. Therefore, the real question should be will Hasselback find the endzone at all.

How is Seattle shown its a team of destiny? What in the world makes you say this?
Denver phoned that one in. They simply didn't have their "A" game on the field. Trust me, that will not be the case with Seattle. Our game just keeps getting better week after week. Hasselbeck will be all over that endzone...

Beating all odds against us from day one this season, winning our confrence when nobody expected us to...you bet we're the team of destiny. We are a dynasty in the making. You'll be watching us for years to come.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #35
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
I have never in my short life seen any team that has been so united and devoted to each other, their coach, and their city.
That is the perfect description of the Seahawks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
In the Super Bowl both teams could be considered da rookies for different reasons but it comes to a team that has been workin their way towards this game for several years perfectin their play it comes out to da Steelers.
Several years? Are you sure about that since this is your QB's 2nd year in the league. The 'Hawks have kept the same team for several years and too have been just as hard working towards this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgXL06
Good for da seahawks for gettin this far. I was shocked at seein them come this far. My first thought when seein them play this year was "Da seahawks? When da f**k did they get good?"
Exactly, you have no idea about the Seahawks. This will be a great game!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgXL06
So respect for comin this far but we comin to bring some hurt. Just ask Peyton or Plummer if they are still sore. Good luck.
Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer are lovers. Hasselbeck is a better QB than both of those guys. You'll find out more on Sunday. Will this be the first or 2nd Seahawks game you have seen?
Old 01-30-2006, 07:52 PM   #36
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Denver phoned that one in. They simply didn't have their "A" game on the field. Trust me, that will not be the case with Seattle. Our game just keeps getting better week after week. Hasselbeck will be all over that endzone...

Beating all odds against us from day one this season, winning our confrence when nobody expected us to...you bet we're the team of destiny. We are a dynasty in the making. You'll be watching us for years to come.
Uh-huh...well, that being said, I have nothing else for you, other than make sure you come back talking Dynasty and such Monday...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #37
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:

Good grief! What horrible logic!

So.....they "phoned" it in, huh? So, I guess that means the Colts did as well....and of course, that would have to be the case with Cincy, too. Oh, wait...it was Carson Palmer's injury.

...of course, the Redskins played the "A" game....as did the Panthers. Not having DeShaun Foster had nothing to do with them being completely one-dimensional. Right?

The Steelers completely throttled the Bengals for 3 quarters and won easily. They completely throttled the Colts for 3 quarters and had the game made close by the wrong call on the INT. They completely throttled Denver for 3 quarters before simply coasting to the 17 point win. See, a team not bringing their "A" game has a lot to do with the other team not allowing the "A" game.

I can see what I'm dealing with here.....no chance on locking onto any "facts" so we just make stuff up.

....great.....
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:24 PM   #38
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan
I can see what I'm dealing with here.....no chance on locking onto any "facts" so we just make stuff up.

....great.....
Dude, lighten up. All the fact that even remotely matter will come after teh game on Sunday. I am just bored and incredibly excited about the upcoming game. Yes, I am incredibly confident in my 'Hawks, and you are with your Steelers...and we both do it rightfully so. This will be one helluva a great game....and eFF Off the rest of the world who thinks this SB will be boring becasue we are two small market teams.....Eff all that! Just to piss off the rest of the world...i am hoping for a Steelers/Seahawks SB for a few more years in a row.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:37 PM   #39
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:
Dude, lighten up. All the fact that even remotely matter will come after teh game on Sunday. I am just bored and incredibly excited about the upcoming game. Yes, I am incredibly confident in my 'Hawks, and you are with your Steelers...and we both do it rightfully so. This will be one helluva a great game....and eFF Off the rest of the world who thinks this SB will be boring becasue we are two small market teams.....Eff all that! Just to piss off the rest of the world...i am hoping for a Steelers/Seahawks SB for a few more years in a row.

I can agree with you on this.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:40 PM   #40
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Quote:
The STEELERS will be back to the playoffs again.. I just hope your hawks can recover from the beating that's about to be put on them!!