Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #41
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120
Thumbs up Re: Reasons Seattle will win are curious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan

At any rate....glad to be around here.....and here's to winning one for the thumb!

Steelers 31 Seahawks 20
Good info you put together. Do the Seahawks have what it takes to beat the Steelers? Only if the Steelers make mistakes. If the Steelers stick with their gameplan and minimize mistakes and turnovers, then "one for the thumb" is finally here!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #42
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504
Default Re: Reasons Seattle will win are curious....

Peyton Manning and Jake Plummer are lovers. Hasselbeck is a better QB than both of those guys. You'll find out more on Sunday. Will this be the first or 2nd Seahawks game you have seen?[/QUOTE]

First I feel honored that I actually ruffed someone's feathers enuf to be quoted. And it will be my 3RD seahawks game I've watched. First was Seahawks v. Eagles, second was NFC championship. I don't claim to know da team up and down I just kno mine and yea they have been building from Stewart, to Maddox, to Roethlisberger. That's just one way of lookin at their growth. Lastly, please stop tryin to take away da wins we had. Cincy ok da QB was hurt but da colts and da broncos were still top notch 1st n 2nd place teams in da AFC. Of course they are gonna make every excuse as to why they lost. I mean cmon........they lost.....to da 6th place seed. Both teams have heart sure, both teams have reasons sure, but you can't just keep braggin bout 3 players to carry da whole team (Hasselback, Alexander, Strong). It's a team not a few stars, if you wanna compare star power let's list: Roethlisberger, Bettis, Ward, Randel El, Polamalu and I could go on. It is a team and that's what da Steelers are: many players, one team, one goal, one trophy.

BuFu

Last edited by HburgXL06; 01-30-2006 at 08:51 PM.
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:49 PM   #43
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevdog
Good info you put together. Do the Seahawks have what it takes to beat the Steelers? Only if the Steelers make mistakes. If the Steelers stick with their gameplan and minimize mistakes and turnovers, then "one for the thumb" is finally here!
Thanks.

...and I agree with ya on what the Seahawks will need to win. I live in Denver and had quite a week with the Broncos fans before the AFC championship game. This is EXACTLY what I told the Broncos fans I talked to....if both teams play their best game, the Steelers will win. The Steelers played great, the Broncos didn't and it was all over by halftime.

This is the same thing this week. The Seahawks need turnovers to win. If they don't get them, they will lose. The Seahawks need their best game and mistakes from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is simply too well-rounded offensively and defensively. Seattle's offense is very good, but their defense has shown problems. Big Ben exploits their secondary the way he exploited Champ Bailey and Denver and Pittsburgh wins.
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 PM   #44
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298
Thumbs up Re: Reasons Seattle will win are curious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
First I feel honored that I atually ruffed someone's feathers enuf to be quoted. And it will be my 3RD seahawks game I've watched. First was Seahawks v. Eagles, second was NFC championship. I don't claim to know da team up and down I just kno mine and yea they have been building from Stewart, to Maddox, to Roethlisberger. That's just one way of lookin at their growth. Lastly, please stop tryin to take away da wins we had. Cincy ok da QB was hurt but da colts and da broncos were still top notch 1st n 2nd place teams in da AFC. Of course they are gonna make every excuse as to why they lost I mean cmon........they lost.....to da 6th place seed. Both teams have heart sure, both teams have reasons sure, but you can't just keep braggin bout 3 players to carry da whole team (Hasselback, Alexander, Strong). It's a team not a few stars, if you wanna compare star power let's list: Roethlisberger, Bettis, Ward, Randel El, Polamalu and I could go on. It is a team and that's what da Steelers are: many players, one team, one goal, one trophy.

BuFu
First off. BuFu, you should be quoted more. You are definetly quote material.
Second, Seattle doesn't have any star players (ok, sure Shaun...but he plays with a team mentality)...that's why nobody in the country thinks we'll win. What we have is more than star players....we have a complete and blanced team. And almost all of them are complete unknowns.

Damnit, can Sunday take any longer to get here???
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #45
ZornToLargent
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan
Thanks.

...and I agree with ya on what the Seahawks will need to win. I live in Denver and had quite a week with the Broncos fans before the AFC championship game. This is EXACTLY what I told the Broncos fans I talked to....if both teams play their best game, the Steelers will win. The Steelers played great, the Broncos didn't and it was all over by halftime.

This is the same thing this week. The Seahawks need turnovers to win. If they don't get them, they will lose. The Seahawks need their best game and mistakes from Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is simply too well-rounded offensively and defensively. Seattle's offense is very good, but their defense has shown problems. Big Ben exploits their secondary the way he exploited Champ Bailey and Denver and Pittsburgh wins.
Our offense speaks for itself. But our Defense doesn't even know how good our Defense is...they are that good, and that young and that talented. They keep getting better every single week. Yes, we have had issues. If they play like they played last week....or even better...it should be one of the greatest SB's in recent years.
ZornToLargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:56 PM   #46
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

^ We have well known players because they make big plays. But that does not mean they play as individual units. They do play as one team and that is what makes them so great. I never detracted from da fact that da seahawks are one team witout too many star players. I just stated that if it came to a star player namin competition we would have more but that is not to say da seahawks aren't a good team. If they weren't a good team they would be sittin in Seattle watchin da game and not in Detroit playin in it. Both teams play as teams and that is what makes them both so great.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:38 PM   #47
seahawksfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1328

Well, we have again the same rhetoric about having to play the perfect game to win. The Steelers have had to play a perfect game (regardless of the ******* ref calls) to get this far. Both teams will have to play their best game of the year to prevail. Should be a GREAT game.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin
seahawksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #48
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

Where do I start.

You say blame 2 games the Steelers lost on losing Ben, but the Hawks played without D-Jackson for 10 games this season. The Seahawks had injuries all season, especially in the Defensive back corps, but they managed to put together an eleven game winning streak, and the Green Bay loss was garbage time, we had locked up home field advantage by that game and Holgrem only allowed the starters to play until Alexander got his TD record and rushing title.

As far as strength of schedule goes, lets break that down, the Steelers total wins of opponents was 136, Hawks opponents total wins 117, that's a 19 win difference, divide that by 16 games, and that means that Pitts opponents averaged 1.19 more wins over the season. You lost 5 games, we lost 3, and the last was a give-away to the Packers.
You say we haven't beat a team with a winning record since Nov. 27, what do you call the playoff wins. And where was Pittsburgh Nov 27? 6 and 7? You're the Steeler expert, you should know.

You say we can't count the Colt's win because they rested their starters. They played their starters in the first quarter, and we outscored them 14-3. We rested our starters in the second half and still beat them.

Yeah, we had an easier playoff schedule, because that was the plan, get the division, get the bye week to heal, and get the homefield advantage. We achieved our goals. You guys had to play on the road. It was impossible for us to play the number 1 seed, because it was us, baby.

Shaun Alexander got knocked out of the first playoff game with a concussion, we won without him. Alexander has 141 yards rushing in 1 game and about 3 carries in the other game. Bettis has 137 in 3 games. Alexander outran with a concussion and one less game.
Your overpowering run defense will be facing our overpowering O-Line, with 2 pro-bowl starters, an alternate, and Mack Strong, the best blocking fullback in the NFL.

Upon further review. Seattle's top reciever, D. Jackson has 218 yards in two games,
Wilson has 196 in 3.

Delhomme came into Seattle with the highest quarterback rating in the playoffs, in Seattle he played with a rating in the 30's.

We can go on digging up stats from now until game day, players make the plays. And coaches make the calls. I see two teams evenly matched. I say, Seattle 27 Steelers 20.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:13 AM   #49
ColoradoSteelerFan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1660

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZornToLargent
Our offense speaks for itself. But our Defense doesn't even know how good our Defense is...they are that good, and that young and that talented. They keep getting better every single week. Yes, we have had issues. If they play like they played last week....or even better...it should be one of the greatest SB's in recent years.
This is complete gibberish....surely you know this. "Our defense is so good it doesn't know how good it is"

...Well....if a defense that finished the year ranked in the middle of pack can feel that way about itself, more power to it! If a secondary that finished ranked near the bottom can feel that way about itself...we'll....it is simply delusional.

....See, good defenses show that on the field. The Steelers have. They peaked at the right moment. They were 7-5 and facing elimination. They rallied and showed what they were made of. Seattle got to play San Francisco....and an Eagles team minus Donovan McNabb and any hope of survival....and a Colts team without any motivation.....and Tennessee....and San Francisco again....and Arizona....and Houston....and St. Louis....and Arizona....AGAIN.

Seattle is a good team. They have played the schedule given. But, do you honestly believe that Seattle would be 7-0 when facing the 7 teams the Steelers have faced in the past 7 weeks? Maybe you do.....and maybe you are completely off your rocker.....
ColoradoSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:52 AM   #50
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

You guys remind me of the old Saturday Night Live routine with the Bears fans going over and over stats and hypothetical situations in which every joke ends in "Da Bears"
I picked apart the stats that started this thread, I don't see anything in your stats that guarantees a win. If the Steelers are so good, why did they have to go on the road to get to the SuperBowl? I hear alot of excuses about injuries and how you guys are arriving together at the right time. So are the Hawks. The Seahawks are a solid team, and play like a complete unit. As far as the defense goes, it's good enough to win. When Holgrem was resting the offense in the lop sided wins against the Eagles and Indy, and the loss against Green Bay, he left the defense in so they could get better. The Hawks defense played injured all season, but they are all back now for this game except for Ken Hamlin.
Check out how the Hawks defense does in the redzone. You can run up and down all day the field all day if you want, but getting into the endzone, that's the paycheck baby. Seattle 27, Steelers 20.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote