Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-31-2006, 12:44 PM   #61
Himewad
Water Boy

Member Number: 1329
Default Re: Reasons Seattle will win are curious....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawksfan
The Steelers will be the toughest defense we've faced this year. We did have 3-4 experience 4x this past year (49'ers x 2, Texans, Cowboys). Granted, the Steeler D has a higher caliber player than these teams.
Ummm ... if you think the "experience" you gained against the 3-4 defenses of the 49ers and Texans is the same as the experience of being ambushed by Joey Porter and pals, I can see why you are so confident. Seriously ... the 49ers and Texans?!? I don't know whether to shake my head or laugh. I think I'll laugh.

Dallas, the other 3-4 defense Seattle faced this year, played well against you. And this is the FIRST YEAR the Cowboys are playing that defensive formation. If Drew Bledsoe didn't gift-wrap that game for you, the 'Boys would have beat you.

This has got to be the lamest argument for Seattle winning the Super Bowl that I have ever heard of. "WE BEAT SAN FRANCISCO TWICE AND THE TEXANS ONCE!!! NEXT STOP ... DETROIT!!!"
Old 01-31-2006, 02:35 PM   #62
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust-Buster
I see two teams evenly matched. I say, Seattle 27 Steelers 20.
Not even in Madden's 2006 is that score possible.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #63
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

Colorado, Okay, maybe I got it wrong about when they pulled Manning. I'm pretty sure Alexander did not play the second half except to come in and score that one touchdown.
I remember him being sat out in the second half. Maybe I have beer memory about that.
I'll have to look that up. I'll concede the point. Were all spinning our wheels here baby.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:10 PM   #64
millertime83
Water Boy

Member Number: 1687

Quote:
Physical battle? No problem, bring it on...

Funny thing is that the bengals, colts and broncos thought they were ready for a physical battle as well and we all know how that turned out. Here's to a great battle on sunday, although I think the Seachickens will crumble after getting punched in the mouth a few times.
millertime83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #65
marksashton
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSteelerFan
Alexander averaged 5.1 yards per carry for the regular season. He is averaging 3.2 per/carry on the 40 carries he's had in the playoffs. 23 of his 40 carries have been for a loss or no gain. Now, he faces arguably the best run defense in the NFL. I don't think you'll see Alexander hit the century mark unless he rips off a 40 yarder on a single play.

Alexander and the Seattle O-line are both very good. However, the Steeler front 7 have been playing lights out for the past 7 games. 12 sacks over the past 3 games. The Broncos had the NFL's 2nd ranked rush offense and arguable one of the best O-lines in the game. The Steelers embarassed them on their own field. The question is not IF Farrior, Haggans and Porter will get to Hasselback....its how many times. The real question is can the Seattle defense stop the Steeler running game and get to Roethlisberger. They lead the NFL in sacks, but have only 4 to show for their efforts over the past 2 games. If you cannot sack Roeth, things will get ugly. Roethlisberger has thrived under pressure since returning from his injury. Pressure will not be enough.
I just have to chime in on this. I admire the Steelers defense. They're tough against the run and have a pretty good pass defense. But they have not faced an offense like Seattle's all year. Seattle's offense is very balanced - good passing and great running. They have the best offensive line in the NFL. THey open up holes and defend the rush very very well. While the Steelers D is good, I don't think they're good enough to dominate Seattle's passing and rushing game. They'll need to emphasize pass defense or rush defense to win. But when they do that they play to Seattle's strengths. If the other team focuses on stopping the run, our good QB and receivers run rampant. If the other team focuses on stopping the pass then Alexander gains 120 yards and 2 TD's. Bottom line, I think Seattle's strengths on offense match up pretty well against the Steelers D.

On the other side of the ball, Seattle's defense will surprise at least the Pittsburgh fans if not the players. Seattle was 5th in the NFL agasint the run this year. While their defensive line is small by Pittsburgh standards, they're quicker. They move to the ball well. They're very aggressive. They also sack the QB a lot but I think that's over played. Their focus isn't on sacks. It's on pressuring the opposing QB enough to throw off timing. Seattle's biggest weakness is in the secondary and I think that's where they'll win or lose the game. If Pittsburgh is able to establish a running game (I don't think they will in any significant way...) then Seattle will be in a world of hurt b/c they'll need to bring in extra help. Pittsburgh's QB is good, no question. But he's also very young. How will he hold up under the pressure? How will he handle getting knocked around? How will he handle the pressure he'll face if the Steelers can't establish the run?
marksashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:18 PM   #66
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksashton
How will he hold up under the pressure? How will he handle getting knocked around? How will he handle the pressure he'll face if the Steelers can't establish the run?
I guess you can say the same for Hasslebeck, correct? He hasnt been to many Superbowls either.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:19 PM   #67
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Whoa. Facts don't win games. Heart, determination and a burning desire to win; that's why the Seahawks have dumped you nay sayers along the wayside on their way to the SB. Believe me, your Steelers aren't taking the Seahawks for granted. Both Bettis and Hines on NFL.com today said as much. Cowler, too. The guys who know, the guys who will put all out on the field, will determine the outcome. Statistics do nothing except work within a computer to predict behavior.

So, if it feels good to bring out statistics card keep feeling good because come Sunday you wont have anything left to take the sting off a SB defeat. Unless, of course, it's to make excuses for why the Seahawks triumphed.
I hope after the SB is over and if and I say if we win you stick around for a bit...
Old 01-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #68
jpa375
Water Boy

Member Number: 1430

Any of you ****y seahag trolls want to put some money where your mouths are? Anybody?
jpa375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:31 PM   #69
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580

Would you really want us back if the Hawks win?

I'll be back to debrief rain or shine.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:32 PM   #70
Steel - X
Team Captain

Member Number: 583

We would welcome you back if the hawks win. I will be looking for you.

My Fantasy Football Website......NO LIMIT SPORTS

Steel - X is offline   Reply With Quote