Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 04-26-2005, 05:10 PM   #1
Brownskikass
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 326
Default Worst draft??? Best draft???

Spill the beans. Who had the worst and best draft....

Lions for taking Williams???

Cowboys for taking Ware???

Broncs for taking Clarret???

WORST:

1)-Lions-They needed Derrick Johnson. Instead they got themselves a slot receiver. Kudos Matt Millen. Kudos

2)-Washington-WTF??? Lets draft the second 1st round QB in 3 years....Last time I checked Pat Ramsey hasnt even played 3/4 of a season but hes already classified as a bust???

3)-Texans-WHY??? Why pass up on Derrick Johnson and take Travis Johnson, who will merely be a backup if the 3-4 is run again. This guy wouldve gone late 1st round and the Texans needed a replacement for Sharper....

Best Drafts:

1)-Arizona-J.J Arrinton in round 2 is a steal by anyones standards and Antrel Rolle is a phenominal talent. Daryl Blaystock was projected as an early second round pick but went round 4. Elton Brown had let up 1 career college sack and was projected as a 1st round pick but went round 3. GENIOUS MOVES!!!

2)-Miami-Nick Saban loaded the Fins up with SEC players....His first 3 picks came outta the SEC which means he knows em.....They need a running back to replace Ricky and Ronnie Brown could be "DA MAN"
Old 04-26-2005, 05:21 PM   #2
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Worst draft??? Best draft???

You can look at it a couple different ways, did the team get a great player? Or did they get what they needed?

The Lions fit this .

I do like the Cowboys picks, they needed defense and they got it.

I also like the Bungles picks, this team might be ready to make a move??

And hate the Ratbirds like we all do, but Ozzie always has a descent draft, props to him.

And I know the Packers need to start looking for a Favre replacement sooner or later, but they needed so much NOW, for when he is there.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:26 PM   #3
Brownskikass
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 326

The Packers have basically given up on the Favre era...Their defense is cooked
Old 04-26-2005, 08:55 PM   #4
Ironman
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 320

Arizona was by far the winner with stealing Blackstock and Brown. Then they get Ernest Shazor, SS, Michigan as an UDFA. I hate to say it... but a couple more drafts like this for Dennis Green and the Cardinals will be SB contenders. If they straighten out the QB situation, of course.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:43 AM   #5
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

It is the Blast Furnace so, time to call teams out...
First, let me say I'm happy with our draft, but to say we had the best...we were 15-1 with out any of these rookies so can't say we had the best.
Second, I look for whose overall draft can make the team overall a contender. SF may have had a great draft, but will need a few consecutive drafts to get Best. They needed so much help, they could have just drafted linemen and it could get a B-. Anyways...
Best:
I'd like to say BAL but since you still put all that talent on the shoulders of Kyle B., I'll pass and take OAK. Since most success comes from teams that were not in the playoffs the year before, I 'd say Oak has done more than any other team to make themselves a top team again. Get rid of head cases, get Moss and speed, and Defense. Pretty nice.
Worst:
Jets. Plain and simple. You trade away a chance to get a player for Jolley? You wait the whole offseaason to get pumped about taking a kicker? I'm sorry if all you thought you were missing to win the big games was a kicker, you are in for a long season.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:49 AM   #6
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I also wanted to call out the following:
ARI - passed on Qb again this year? You know you wanted to take Rodgers. Hope Warner's worth it.
BUF - JP? Roscoe? Will anyone on the offense be over 200 pounds? Fragile bodies up on the lake.
CLE - Den took all you r bad linemen...didn't get new ones, ever gonna stop the run?
DET - So really...what's wrong with Rogers? You wouldn't have taken a wr if everything was peachy.
GB - You love Favre so much that you don't get him any help on defense? He came back for this?
KC - the only thing worse than taking a kicker high in the draft is taking a punter...ooops.
SEA - So you gave up so many points in the fourth last year you decided the reason was you needed a better center? Spin that to the fans.
WAS - After all you gave away, Campbell will have more pressure on him than Ramsey. I think Doug Williams doesn't have to look over his shoulder.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:35 AM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The bungals had a good draft, as did the cowboys and arizona.. damn the cards could be a team to deal w/ come playoff time.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote