Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
Grav
Draft Prospect
 
Grav's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Llanelli, Wales, UK
Posts: 128
Member Number: 14078
Thanks: 11
Thanked 17 Times in 11 Posts
Default Jahvid Best 2nd round?

If we dont re-sign Parker think the Steelers might look at someone like Best in the 2nd round as injury has prob dropped his stock, would be a good compliment to Mendenhall
Grav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #2
AllD
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,586
Member Number: 11931
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

A good complement to Mendy would be a real FB.
__________________
ALL DEFENSE!!!
AllD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Steely McSmash
Team Captain
 
Steely McSmash's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Malden, MA (from the South Hills)
Posts: 781
Member Number: 8814
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllD View Post
A good complement to Mendy would be a real FB.
I concur if you can get rid OF BA
__________________
Steely McSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

sorry were not wasting a second round pick on something we dont need.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:27 PM   #5
SteelersTilIDie
Bench Warmer
 
SteelersTilIDie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 350
Member Number: 4943
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
sorry were not wasting a second round pick on something we dont need.
Sorry we're one season removed from a World Championship and sorry that you're a joke and can't realize talent when it presents itself right in front of your face...and like you know what they're gonna do honestly and Jahvid Best is far superior to any offensive lineman you could get in the second round.
__________________

“Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it.”~Chuck Noll
SteelersTilIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #6
BlackNGold88
Draft Prospect
 
BlackNGold88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 129
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15725
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
sorry were not wasting a second round pick on something we dont need.
Um, we really need a RB to go with Mendenhall. Parker probably won't be back next year.
BlackNGold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #7
JCPsteelers
Starter
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: California
Posts: 514
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15542
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
Sorry we're one season removed from a World Championship and sorry that you're a joke and can't realize talent when it presents itself right in front of your face...and like you know what they're gonna do honestly and Jahvid Best is far superior to any offensive lineman you could get in the second round.
Uh, sorry it would be a waste to draft a running back in the 2nd round with the amount of holes in the secondary, OL and D-line we have. We did not miss playoffs this year because of lack of running back talent.


We are fine with Mend and Moore and we can pick up a running back in FA or later in the draft.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:41 PM   #8
Dylan
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 614
Member Number: 3276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post
Uh, sorry it would be a waste to draft a running back in the 2nd round with the amount of holes in the secondary, OL and D-line we have. We did not miss playoffs this year because of lack of running back talent.


We are fine with Mend and Moore and we can pick up a running back in FA or later in the draft.
if you pay any attention to the steelers recent drafts, they rarely draft for need in the first 2 rounds...so best could be a possibility
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
supa_fly_steeler
Banned
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: They call me bruce wayne batman cape crusader
Posts: 3,647
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15332
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersTilIDie View Post
Sorry we're one season removed from a World Championship and sorry that you're a joke and can't realize talent when it presents itself right in front of your face...and like you know what they're gonna do honestly and Jahvid Best is far superior to any offensive lineman you could get in the second round.
are you stupid, WE ARE NOT going to get best in the draft, let along round 2, this is stupid quite frankly, and is if you know what there going to do, imo we dont need o-lineman because ours is gelling.... if their was an option in the 4th i would go homo and select render.

no need to blast me, what do you want to do lick bests balls. are you forgetting we have redman and justin vincent that tomlin likes.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
Dylan
Starter
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 614
Member Number: 3276
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Jahvid Best 2nd round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
are you stupid, WE ARE NOT going to get best in the draft, let along round 2, this is stupid quite frankly, and is if you know what there going to do, imo we dont need o-lineman because ours is gelling.... if their was an option in the 4th i would go homo and select render.

no need to blast me, what do you want to do lick bests balls. are you forgetting we have redman and justin vincent that tomlin likes.
i thought we lost redman?
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts