Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
BlackNGold88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15725
Default 2010 Steelers Mock draft

Now that our draft position is all but set in stone and will be likely be picking #19. I figured I'd throw one out there. Most of the big prospect have either declared or given word they will be returning to college.

Round 1 -

Donovan Warren CB - Michigan
Cornerback is a huge need for this team. Ike Taylor and Townsend aren't getting any younger. Gay is still young, but struggled big time this year. Warren gives us a playmaker at the CB position and much needed youth. He has a load of potential and will be right behind Haden as the best CB on the board.

Round 2-
Brandon Spikes ILB - Florida

Ok, Ok. I know people will be saying "No way Spikes fall that far". But ILB slip on draft day periodically and he will be one of them. He his inability to cover and lack speed is his main issues. He will be the Heir to Farrior.

Round 3-
Rodney Hudson OG - Florida State

Has been one of the best OL guys in the ACC throughout his college career. May not start from Day 1, but will eventually be a solid pro.

Round 4-
Vince Oghobaase DT/DE - Duke

Once regarded as once of the best prospect for 2010 Draft. He struggled this year, but with the right coaching and situation he could be a major steal.

Only did the first 4 rounds for now.
BlackNGold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:14 AM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: 2010 Steelers Mock draft

I thought Warren was currently a 3rd round prospect ( will need to do some more reading............EDIT did some reading --looks late first rounder.......possibility)

Love rounds 2,3 & 4. ( Oghobaase has kind of feel of the planet since Kong Suh went global.)

For the later rounds you might consider SS, FS, RB, OLB or TE

Look forward to the rest of the mock.

Last edited by Aussie_steeler; 01-04-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: did my research and changed the post
Aussie_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Steely McSmash
Team Captain

Member Number: 8814

Not sure about the estimates of Comp picks but I think we should see two additional picks, optimistically a a 3rd and 5th
Old 01-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_steeler View Post
I thought Warren was currently a 3rd round prospect ( will need to do some more reading............EDIT did some reading --looks late first rounder.......possibility)

Love rounds 2,3 & 4. ( Oghobaase has kind of feel of the planet since Kong Suh went global.)

For the later rounds you might consider SS, FS, RB, OLB or TE

Look forward to the rest of the mock.
Warren was one of the guys I have been afraid to talk about Aussie. I had him as a mid 2nd, but if he shows his speed in the combines will move up.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,215 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I think to go with Warren for the highest pick would be a mistake. There will be good CBs still left later in the draft. I think a good bet would be Amari Spievey of the Iowa Hawkeyes who is an underclassman. He doesn't get all the attention the other bigger name CBs do but I can guarantee you he is just as good or better than all the bigger name guys. He started every game this season for the Hawks and opposing QBs simply didn't throw it his way and with good reason. He's a good shut down corner who isn't afraid to make a tackle rarely gets out of position and has good hands to catch the ball.

With the first round pick they need to spend it upgrading the O-Line.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote