Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Tom Brady IS a System QB.

His numbers are almost EXACTLY what I predicted they'd be based on the fact that all benefits of their cheating days have been removed.

28 TD's
13 INT's
4400 Passing yards

It doesn't take Nostradamus to prognosticate this, all the data is right there in his career stats. He's a better than average QB playing in the most QB friendly system in the NFL.

(edit) Since my fanclub of haters questions EVERYTHING I post, including facts, stats, figures , analysis (including things they themselves may or may not even understand), here's a link to the first thread when I started tinkering with the idea that Brady was only above average, and guestimating his numbers:
http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...t=39764&page=3
Bear in mind these numbers were originally based on Cassel's #'s in NE and I refined this a little as I went. Still, the original point is salient and clear.

Last edited by revefsreleets; 01-04-2010 at 10:49 AM.
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #2
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057
Default Re: Tom Brady IS a System QB.

Interesting. For all of those people who insist that "Big Ben shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Tom Terrific!", his stats this season are very similar, despite a much weaker O-Line, a very questionable running game and receivers who are arguably not as good as what Brady has to work with.

26 TDs
12 INTs
4,328 yards
66.6% completion (Tom's is 65.7)
100.5 Rating (Tom's at 96.2)
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Tom Brady in the Steelers offense would flop. He crumbles like Peanut Brittle under pressure...I'd expect the numbers to flip (12 TD's to 26 INT's) and about 2700 yards passing. Ben also has a much better Y/C stat of 8.6 compared to 7.8. Brady was only close to that in his penultimate cheating season of 2007, and then he was only at 8.3.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

you guys are kidding right? I know we are all bitter and pissed at our disappointing year but this appears to be sour grapes at its worst. Joe Montana arguably the best QB ever could be called a system QB. Thats what a QB does, its not who can throw the best spiral or throw it 80 yards. Wins and losses folks, thats what we preached at the beginning of Bens career when all he did was win. People kept saying he was a game manager. I hate the patsies but Brady has been the best or second best QB in the last 10 years, I don't care what system he is in.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
you guys are kidding right? I know we are all bitter and pissed at our disappointing year but this appears to be sour grapes at its worst. Joe Montana arguably the best QB ever could be called a system QB. Thats what a QB does, its not who can throw the best spiral or throw it 80 yards. Wins and losses folks, thats what we preached at the beginning of Bens career when all he did was win. People kept saying he was a game manager. I hate the patsies but Brady has been the best or second best QB in the last 10 years, I don't care what system he is in.
Two words: Matt Cassel. ANY QB can play in a little dink and dunk offense with a solid line and the plays being piped into his helmet (at least during the grand glory days*). 28 and 14 are solid numbers, but they are NOT elite, and they do NOT add up to the hype. The winning is heavily tainted, as well, so scratch THAT idea....which reminds me, I also had the Pats at 10-6 and losing in the Divisional Rd, which looks like it's also coming to bear.

Not sour grapes. This is having my eyes wide open and hating the team and all it stands for enough to not give a shit if it's unpopular to point out how awful they are.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #6
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Two words: Matt Cassel. ANY QB can play in a little dink and dunk offense with a solid line and the plays being piped into his helmet (at least during the grand glory days*). 28 and 14 are solid numbers, but they are NOT elite, and they do NOT add up to the hype. The winning is heavily tainted, as well, so scratch THAT idea....which reminds me, I also had the Pats at 10-6 and losing in the Divisional Rd, which looks like it's also coming to bear.

Not sour grapes. This is having my eyes wide open and hating the team and all it stands for enough to not give a shit if it's unpopular to point out how awful they are.

I agree they will not go far in playoffs, although I see them beating the Ravens. I just don't thing Brady is the reason why. If I had to choose 2 qb's to command a come from behind drive in the SB from the last 30 years they would be Montana, then Brady. Thats just me, I like a consistent guy that isn't going to make a mistake. As opposed to say Elway or Favre who are all great QB's but different types. Elway and Favre more fun to watch IMO though.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
revefsreleets
Living Legend

You've bought they hype, my friend.

Not me.....not me......

By the way, the ONLY reason they may make it to the divisional Rd is that they play the Rats at home. After losing an absolute MUST win to us last week, the Rats proved they are completely undeserving of making the playoffs.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #8
Angus Burgher
Team Captain

Member Number: 15057

Yeah, I'm rooting for the Pats and the Cowboys next weekend. I hate both of those teams, but I hate the Ravens and the Eagles more. Once those two asshole teams are out of the playoffs I can rest easy. I highly doubt that New England and Dallas will last much longer than that anyway.

Oh, and of course I also hope the Bungles lose, but that's such a given that I don't even think it needs mentioning.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

Since when do the Patriots run a dink and dunk offense? They have Randy Moss for a reason and it's not to throw screens and out routes all day. Brady was 11th in passing yards per attempt this season...I would hardly say they're just dinking and dunking their way down the field.

I hate the use of the phrase "system QB," at least in the NFL. Cassel has comparable numbers to Brady because he had the same talented personnel around him. They also scaled back the offense for Cassel when Brady went down. Brady puts up big numbers in part because of the talent around him...of course he would put worse numbers with a less talented team...that's how it works.

By your logic, Brett Favre is a system QB because he's succeeding in Minnesota with AP and that o-line in an offense he's familiar with but he struggled with a less talented Jets team in an offense he was less familiar with. Would Brady struggle in Pittsburgh? Sure, because he's not a mobile QB and doesn't have the same skill set as a Ben Roethlisberger...does that make him a mediocre QB? I don't think so. Every team tries to put their QB into an offense in which they will succeed (unless it's Alex Smith and they change offensive coordinators every year)...Brady and the Patriots are no exception.

The cheating aspect may be a valid discussion point...but then again, Brady did put up 50 TD's even after they were ousted.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Larry
Banned

Member Number: 15605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Burgher View Post
Yeah, I'm rooting for the Pats and the Cowboys next weekend. I hate both of those teams, but I hate the Ravens and the Eagles more. Once those two asshole teams are out of the playoffs I can rest easy. I highly doubt that New England and Dallas will last much longer than that anyway.

Oh, and of course I also hope the Bungles lose, but that's such a given that I don't even think it needs mentioning.
Nah...screw the Pats*. Seeing them get knocked out in the wild card round would be too sweet.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote