Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Steelers' Wallace voted Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week

Wide receiver Mike Wallace of the Pittsburgh Steelers is the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week for games played on January 3, the NFL announced Friday.

Wallace had two receptions for 64 yards, including one 54-yard touchdown, in the Steelers' 30-24 win over the Miami Dolphins.

Wallace was selected from among five finalists through fan votes on NFL.com/rookies. The other finalists were running back Arian Foster of the Houston Texans, running back Knowshon Moreno of the Denver Broncos, TE Zach Miller of the Oakland Raiders and linebacker James Laurinaitis of the St. Louis Rams.

After the regular season, five players will be nominated for Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year honors. Fans can vote for the winner on NFL.com/rookies throughout the month of January. The winner will be announced at a press conference at Super Bowl XLIV in South Florida.

Mike Wallace, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers

Wallace had two receptions for 64 yards, including one 54-yard touchdown, in the Steelers' 30-24 win over the Miami Dolphins.

This is Pepsi's eighth year as the official soft drink sponsor of the NFL and the fifth year that Pepsi will present the NFL Rookie of the Week and NFL Rookie of the Year awards.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #2
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656
Default Re: Steelers' Wallace voted Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week

Yeaaaaaah! Congrats Mike! I'm looking forward to a lot of great plays by this young man!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
devilsdancefloor
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 10172

Congrats to the news man!

I believe that today more than ever a book should be sought after even if it has only one great page in it. We must search for fragments, splinters, toenails, anything that has ore in it, anything that is capable of resuscitating the body and the soul.

devilsdancefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Mike Wallace had better stats than Harvin, even had more rookie week awards, the system is bullshit, oh well i know Mike Wallace is better and so does Percy Harvin, but Percy is to sour to announce it publicly and hand the award over to Mike.

P.S. Mike also made Javon Snead look like a 1st rounder, now he's predicted 2-3. Harvin made Tebow look like a douchebag, a year later he still is.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,042 Times in 3,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Mike Wallace had better stats than Harvin, even had more rookie week awards, the system is bullshit, oh well i know Mike Wallace is better and so does Percy Harvin, but Percy is to sour to announce it publicly and hand the award over to Mike.

P.S. Mike also made Javon Snead look like a 1st rounder, now he's predicted 2-3. Harvin made Tebow look like a douchebag, a year later he still is.
what stats are you talkin about?

lets be real about it.

harvin had 2000+ all purpose yards and more td's (and that was with missing a coupla games with migraines).
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
what stats are you talkin about?

lets be real about it.

harvin had 2000+ all purpose yards and more td's (and that was with missing a coupla games with migraines).
who cares about the return game, harvin will never be a true wide reciever imo, he all gimmicky, wallace was our 4th option, had 30 or so less receptions and only 20 less yards.

mike wallace led league in 20+ yards and 40+yards, led league in average and was tied 2nd for touchdowns.

Harvin only led in receptions.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:52 PM   #7
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post

Harvin got it because he deserved it. Dont have bitter grapes about it. Versatility is what helped him a bunch. He did great as a #2/#3 wide receiver, a return man, and the nucelus of the wildcat that the vikings used sparingly.

But congratz to Wallace, who incase you've been living under a rock, also has the league's highest yards per catch, notching in at 19.4! Talk about explosiveness
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:43 AM   #8
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,352 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Congrats to Wallace the kid is a stick of dynamite waiting to explode at any given moment.