Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 01-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Ben is Why Arians Stayed

Jim Wexell wrote this through twitter. Damn you Ben i really wanted him gone

this article is a good read why Arians was probably kept.

Some random dude on bleacher report

Quote:
It started Monday on ESPN 1250. The report was that Bruce Arians has been fired—according to the host, Ken Laird.

Laird basically said, on the radio, "This is not something that I am reporting based on any information from a source I don't totally trust. I would not risk my reputation reporting this if I did not believe that it was entirely true." (not an exact quote.)

Laird was SO sure of it, it was like the man had told him himself. Maybe he did.

Jim Wexell of SteelCityInsider.com reports, via Twitter, that Arians leaked word of an impending pink slip to Laird.

So, let me get this straight. Arians thought he was getting fired, and he didn't?

Can someone PLEASE tell me, who is running the show in Pittsburgh?

Save the headaches looking into it. Regardless of any speculation anyone may hear, I am going to tell you right now who is in charge of the Steelers.

Ben Roethlisberger.

Here is why.

Kevin Colbert? Let's be honest, Colbert is the paper pusher. I will give Colbert FULL CREDIT for his drafting ability.

He does a wonderful job at keeping the players the Steelers need to have, and letting go of the ones that are on the down slide of their career, but he is not making the decisions.

Remember when Roethlisberger wanted a tall receiver? Second round of the next draft, Limas Sweed. Coincidence?

Mike Tomlin? Hand picked by Ben Roethlisberger. Don't believe me?

Originally, there is not one person that thought Ken Whisenhunt was not going to be the coach of the Steelers. Why didn't he get the job? Remember, he was at odds with Big Ben, and if Ben didn't want him, he was not going to be there.

Then it was going to Russ Grimm. There were reports that Grimm had already agreed to a contract. Grimm, a run-first offensive lineman, and now offensive line coach, was not going to put the ball in Bens hand and throw as often as we do now.

Oh, but Tomlin had to be interviewed for the Rooney Rule? Wrong. The Steelers had already interviewed Ron Rivera, the defensive coordinator of the Bears.

Ben went to the Rooney family and said that they needed a young coach, one that would transform this Steelers team into a pass-first team. Bring in a defensive coach, and promote his boy to offensive coordinator.

Don't think that is why Arians was kept? I can hear the conversations when Ken Whisenhunt was OC.

"Ben, If I was the offensive coordinator, we would throw the ball on every play."

Still don't believe me? What about this...

Remember the concussion issue? Ben was medically cleared the day before the Ravens game to play. When he complained about the head aches, the doctor WOULD NOT CLEAR HIM TO PLAY!

That means that HE IS NOT PERMITTED TO EVEN DRESS!

Why did Ben dress for the Ravens game? Does Ben tell the Doctors what to do as well?

Ben has built this team to what it is, but you know what, I am 100-percent OK with it.

Here is how it happened. After taking the Steelers to the AFC Championship in his rookie season, Ben promised that he would take the Steelers to, and win, the Super Bowl. He delivered.

The first Super Bowl for the Steelers in ALMOST 30 years. A town like Pittsburgh NEEDED another Super Bowl. Steeler Nation, the most loyal fan base in the world (FOR ANY SPORT) deserved to once again say their team was the best. Ben PROMISED he would do it, AND DID!

The Rooney family knows what they have. They are who they are, and they do what they do. They have never changed it for anyone.

The Steelers are a run-first, smash mouth football team. Always have been.

NOT ANY MORE!!!

Right now, the Pittsburgh Steelers have what they have not had since Terry Bradshaw. A TRUE Franchise QB. One of the best to ever play for the Steelers. Roethlisberger has already set most of the Steelers QB records, and the ones he has not yet, he will.

After winning the Super Bowl, Ben was on Pardon the Interruption. Michael Wilbon asked Ben what his goal was in the NFL. Ben said he wanted to win three more Super Bowls.

He wants to have five—one more than Terry Bradshaw.The only record Steelers fans thought would never be broken, and Ben said he wants it. Are you going to bet against him?

Ben decided that Arians needs to stay, and the Rooney Family listened. Kevin Colbert could not change it. Mike Tomlin could not change it. It is what it is. Ben Roethlisberger is the man in charge of the Steelers, like it or not.

Last edited by supa_fly_steeler; 01-07-2010 at 05:01 PM.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321
Default Re: Ben is Why Arians Stayed

Wexell commented on this more on his Twitter page today.

I know no-one likes to believe this, but there may be some underlying problems with the Steelers that doesn't involve on the field issues.

What bothers me even more is if Tomlin was overridden by his QB, why would he want to stay beyond his initial contract.

Something really stinks with this situation.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Since we have no proof about any of this, let's just beat Ben up about it like every other rumor out there about him.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Florida_Steelers_Fan
Starter

Member Number: 4759

sorry, but this all "conspiracy theory" stuff that i don't believe for one second. some people seem to want to create things or make them bigger than they really are. arians was retained...end of story. the "why" doesn't really matter...
Old 01-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #5
BlastFurnace
Living Legend

Member Number: 6321

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Since we have no proof about any of this, let's just beat Ben up about it like every other rumor out there about him.
If this is true, the organizational issue is bigger than Ben.

I guess we will see how it all pans out.
BlastFurnace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

I'm sorry, but I can't follow what is from Wexell, what is from a "random dude on bleacher report" and what is your own commentary, Supa.

Would you be kind enough to organize it so it makes a little more sense?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't follow what is from Wexell, what is from a "random dude on bleacher report" and what is your own commentary, Supa.

Would you be kind enough to organize it so it makes a little more sense?
under what a random dude says is the report. i can put it in quote tags and try to find a link....

I don't believe their is a consipracy, maybe ben did want Arians to stay and stay throughout his career similar to Tom Moore and Peyton Manning.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:02 PM   #8
Psyychoward86
Living Legend

Member Number: 10772

HTG: Yes please, yes i beg you, please please PLEASE make another Arians thread. Im begging you

supa_fly_steelers: ok
Psyychoward86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #9
NJarhead
BewbmeisterExtraordinaire
Supporter

Member Number: 1932
Thanked 3,151 Times in 1,324 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyychoward86 View Post
HTG: Yes please, yes i beg you, please please PLEASE make another Arians thread. Im begging you

supa_fly_steelers: ok

Old 01-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,176 Posts

Ben doesnt have that much influence. I think they take into account the impact of his learning another system under an new OC and believe they were just a couple wins away from playoffs. Personally, I think they are fine with the fact the Steelers are now the 4th most physical team in the AFCNorth.